Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flirty Bug (Still)!!

MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
EDITED:

This is far from the first time this has appeared in the Bugs and Issues category but I honestly believe it is something that ought to be a very high priority, as in even ahead of New Content:

Runaway autonomous flirting, even with Sims with full-on green and pink bars with spouses still flirt with townies, other household Sims and so-forth. The result being a growing romance bar with the neighbor (married or not) and when that flirty Sim then gets all sweet with its spouse, like it is supposed to, the third one gets a very annoying "Very Sad" buff, with the description "Drifting Love" and "Love of my life is flirting with another.." --Love of his or her life as of 5 minutes ago!

While it has been said that they 'always flirted" and "it's part of the game" it is annoying and should be dialed back some.

The part that is definitely "not new" is adults getting flirty with kids. Some call it the "incest bug" when it happens with parents, but it's all attributable to the same root cause: Sims being "unable" to recognize child Sims as children.. even though the game engine can tell the difference, hence their limited interaction menus and that they cannot interact with babies, etc. So if the game engine can "recognize" the life stages of one sim over another, it can certainly be "told" that adult or maybe even teen sims ought never get flirty with Sims in the "child" stage.

Sending a flirty adult to the cold shower can help (though no one should have to do this repeatedly )
But they also acquire the label "Romantic Interest" in the relationship panel with child-Sims,

I could be wrong but this all seemed to get bad along about the time of the February WooHoo Challenge. I know they were always easily given to 'flirting with others" but seldom autonomously and not (that I saw) with Sims in high-romance-bar relations already with their spouses, etc.

Oh yes, not to forget my game details.

No Mods, CC : Playing base game only.
Post edited by Miki on

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I would suggest that you pm @SimGuruJanitor on the subject he new to the team and will mostly be in the bug and issue forum :)
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    I would suggest that you pm @SimGuruJanitor on the subject he new to the team and will mostly be in the bug and issue forum :)

Thanks, I'll do that. perhaps the complaints weren't getting to the right people. It is late in the game but I only started with sims having kids in-game recently. Still, they should have fixed it by now.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited July 2015
    I was told several times that autonomous flirting was part of the game. As far as the other issues like parents not knowing their own kids has been around since release. When a baby (an object) ages up to a child I have to introduce the parents to the child even though they have a high relationship bar. This has been going on for a long time. I don't ever remember when parents knew their own kids. I don't use mods or custom content either. These are core issues and I highly doubt they will ever be fixed. If it is possible to fix these issues they would have been fixed a long time ago.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    EDIT:

Thanks for that reply. Actually I have to edit the O P because "recognition" is not a problem. It's recognition that a child is a child that is the problem when it comes to flirting, and I do not believe that any adults flirting with children, is "part of the game". It's a bug, and is being reported as such until and unless they actually tell me "It Cannot be Fixed".
    As for "recognition" when I played and paid particular attention to it, I saw that any Sim, parent or otherwise who handled them as babies (wound up with twins, noisy ones, at that) did not incur an "introduction" menu once they aged up to child, and in fact one "young adult" who fed them even called them and asked to come visit. (Yeah, "children with cell phones"....)[/i] Sims who did not handle them as babies required an introduction. So that much was fixed.
    Post edited by Miki on