Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content

mrsr99tsomrsr99tso Posts: 219 Member
So I am wondering, for those are you that are using CC (not mods just CC) in the game are you having any major issues? Currently I'm not using any since a couple of my friends had issues when they installed some. However, I really am tired of the same 2 carpet designs.

Comments

• Options
    mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    I've not noticed any difference. Except when I go to CAS and some pictures are blank but they load in a couple seconds. That's pretty much it. Make sure you're downloading the right file :).
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I use both and keep everything organized in sub folders. No problems.. Just be aware of where you're getting stuff and keeping it organized makes it easier to remove what you need to.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Very cool! I just saw a Simmer post some wonderful carpets she made. I think I'll go try them. Great idea about the sub folders. Thanks for the help and answers. :)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I have over 1GB of CC so far I never had any trouble, as long as you put the right file in the folder you shouldn't have any trouble. :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Depends. I had to sacrifice my cc a few months ago. And yes I miss it, hopefully soon I'll be able to go on my crazy cc runabouts. Yes the only time it'll murder your PC and lower performance if simply your PC ain't good enof. I can say this if I'm honest you need a really good desktop, (a laptop wouldn't do) tht more thn exceeds wht u need to play on ultra (nvidia GeForce gtx 660 is minimum I think with other decent specs) and run it on very high and it'll be a dream with 2gb to maybe 5gb of cc which is a lot of cc as each item takes up little space and maybe it'd still be amazing on ultra depending wht u get. This is how you can make the most out of wht cc is availible without harming your PC or suffering stuttering and glitches. So if your PC has nvidia GeForce gtx 660 or better with 6gb or more ram and Intel core i5 processor or better then I'd say yes as long as you have 5gb free storage to store it on. Otherwise, no you shouldn't get it, your PC isn't strong enof. Just my advice.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Sometimes I can't find some of my Custom Content :c
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    I have an insane amount of cc and I used to have trouble with it. Turns out I was using a really untrustworthy website to download it all from. Since I swapped, I'm all good with it! Just make sure its safe to use.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    I have never had any problems with mine. Occassionally some CC will stop working after a patch. Of you keep your stuff organized, it's easy to find and delete. I only have downloaded items for CAS so far though.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I decided to take out what I finally gave in and put in just about a week ago. After I put some hair and makeup in I started having some mesh stretching issues I'd never had. I'm sure it was the hair. It stretches or pops off the head from a distance. It looks pretty good up close but not worth that in my game play.
    I think the only way I would feel safe is if I put in one thing at a time and checked it in game for awhile. That's a lot of work for me though so I have to decide if it matters enough. I like the way the base game looks so I'm good with the basics.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I've downloaded about 10 items to start and I'll see how it goes. @emmaning thanks for the links I appreciate them. My husband builds computers so I have a darn good gaming pc. I have a 2 drives for a total of 3TB of space so that's plenty. I have 16 GB of ram/memory, 4.2 Ghz quad core processor and a Radeon R9 graphics card with 3 GB of ram. I really, really appreciate all of you that commented. I don't know why I was worried about this. I have tons of CC for The Sims 3 but I guess I just didn't want anything bad to happen to the game now. Let's just hope I don't get carried away downloading. LOL
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    mrsr99tso wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I've downloaded about 10 items to start and I'll see how it goes. @emmaning thanks for the links I appreciate them. My husband builds computers so I have a darn good gaming pc. I have a 2 drives for a total of 3TB of space so that's plenty. I have 16 GB of ram/memory, 4.2 Ghz quad core processor and a Radeon R9 graphics card with 3 GB of ram. I really, really appreciate all of you that commented. I don't know why I was worried about this. I have tons of CC for The Sims 3 but I guess I just didn't want anything bad to happen to the game now. Let's just hope I don't get carried away downloading. LOL
    Beware, it's addictive! Lol
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    mrsr99tso wrote: »

Yw anytime :)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    I usually have a file where I put all the newly downloaded cc and trouble shoot for a while (maybe give some townies a makeover in manage worlds to see how it looks in game).
    I also make sure to change the file name so the creators name is in it. If there is any problems I can just let them know, most creators really appreciate that you let them know if something is wrong.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg