Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Star Wars Costumes

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
In your opinion, do you like the Star Wars costumes?

I like the Star Wars costumes; I may not use it at all, but I will find a use with them... Eventually.

On the other hand, I love how Aayla Secura's outfit looks, so I may use it more often than the other costumes. :)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Comments

• Options
    DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    I agree her costume is great
    TszwvJw.png
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    They are ok , but i'll never use them
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I don't like any costumes.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    MLJ28aMLJ28a Posts: 320 Member
    edited May 2015
    I like Star Wars well enough, but I don't like it in The Sims. It just doesn't fit, IMO.
    zD4X8.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Not a fan of Star Wars so the costumes are useless to me wont ever use them wish I could remove them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I like them. I like the new ones especially to dress the aliens in now that they can wear clothes.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Not a fan of Star Wars so the costumes are useless to me wont ever use them wish I could remove them.

I feel that way about gnomes. Never understood the obsession with them.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I haven't seen it yet. See colton this is when i would actually appreciate it if you would post pics lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    not a fan of any of the costumes: star wars, clown, hot dog...this game seems to get sillier with each patch
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    @Orchid13 -- here are some pics of the costumes:

Boba Fett:
    BobaFett.jpg

Darth Maul:
    DarthMaul.jpg

Aayla Secura:
    AaylaSecura.jpg

They're all full-body pieces. The Boba Fett and Darth Maul cover everything but the shoes (I didn't really pick out matching shoes for the pics, just used the ones the Sim already had). The Boba helmet and Maul head/facepaint are both in the 'hats' category. (Didn't include a back shot for Maul as there's not that much detail to see there.) The Aayla Secura costume has the boots attached. Also, as you can see, the Aayla costume includes a skintone overlay that is attached to the 'hat' that gives you the lekku. I included the last pic to show the costume as it looks without the skintone overlay.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member
    Since the female one adds a navel piercing I wonder if that hints to piercings in general in the future.
  • Options
    TheKryptoKnightTheKryptoKnight Posts: 122 Member
    Ooh. I had never seen the Aayla one without the skin overlay! I like it. :)
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited May 2015
    Since the female one adds a navel piercing I wonder if that hints to piercings in general in the future.

Certainly it's possible. Only the devs know if they'll actually add proper categories for such things. I've been playing around with the idea of experimenting with a navel piercing, probably using one of the tattoo or accessory categories. Maybe I'll get ambitious and give it a try sometime.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    Might as well be Katy Perry. If I could delete them, I would. I have no use for any of the costumes. I will never dress up as a spaceman or a hot dog. I digress... if we had Halloween, like in TS3, perhaps. The only reason I could think of.
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    I like them as a nod to Star Wars, with regards to Star Wars day.
    But I rather wouldn´t use them.

As ericbatchelder said ... those costumes would be great if we had halloween parties like in Sims 3 .... and the use of these costumes would be limited to these occasions (and they wouldn´t be used by computer controlled sims in everyday life)
  • Options
    AlexhbAlexhb Posts: 31 Member
    Not a star wars fan so not interested. My sims don't wear costumes anyway so even if I was a fan, I don't think I'd use them.
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I like them :)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2015
    05_04_15_3_36__pm_3_by_mphattyboi-d8s5ls3.png
    I'm honestly not hating this... and I'm not a Star Wars fan.
    And my butt looks great in it. So I like it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited May 2015
    I guess in a few years, when we have a few more, they may be useful for a Sim's cosplay party. Other than that, can't see I'd ever use them. I'd rather have new clothes/hair than costumes
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    MLJ28a wrote: »
    I like Star Wars well enough, but I don't like it in The Sims. It just doesn't fit, IMO.

Yeah, Star Wars is OK, but I really don't get the costumes are there. Seems pretty pointless to me beyond the PR of 'Hey, aren't we cool?...we like Stars Wars'
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member

I like the Star Wars costumes; I may not use it at all, but I will find a use with them... Eventually.

On the other hand, I love how Aayla Secura's outfit looks, so I may use it more often than the other costumes. :)

Hi Colton,
    Personally, I have no use for them. I don't use costumes in my game at all, so they just clutter up my CAS.

Anyway, I think it was cruel the way the gurus teased the toddler fans. They probably should have prefaced their comments with no toddlers, but something fun is in the works, or something along those lines. just my opinion
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2015

It hints that they can do it, if it's coming in a future pack is yet to be seen.

I think the artists did good, but it's not something I'm looking forward to have in my game, especially after already having four of "those" in my game. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I find it somewhat offensive that they are continuing with this Star Wars thing. They are doing it advertise and nothing else. I don't like SW, many people don't and they are fully aware of that. Putting any fanbase specific items in everyone's game should be a big no as a general rule of thumb. Like I said, they want to build hype for their SWs game.

The costumes look very well made which makes me even madder. All the time spent doing those elaborate designs could have been spent on something the whole community would have wanted.

• Options
    MyEnchantedaisyMyEnchantedaisy Posts: 14 New Member
    I loved playing with my Star Wars sims yesterday. I thought it was a neat surprise and a lot of fun.
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I actually love the costumes specifically Master Jedi Secura they did a great job on her lekku I like that her attire is available with out her costume as well. I know there aren't many fans here, so I do empathize with yall about not getting something you would use.