Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Get To Work - My opinion...

PlayittPlayitt Posts: 246 Member
Hello everyone! My name is Playitt with two ts' and welcome to... The Sims 4 Get To Work - My opinion! In this thread I am going to talk about The Sims 4 Get to Work. I will talk about the good things and the bad. IMPORTANT: THIS IS MY OWN OPINION! I would like to ask you: how did you find The Sims 4 Get To Work?

DOCTOR - I think this has to be my favourite (maybe because I have spent the most time playing this?). I loved the idea of having sickness to the game. Although my Sims have only have gotton ill a couple of times! The thing that I don't like about the sickness is that you cannot send your Sims to the hospital. Instead you have to order medicine off the computer. But now you can actually go inside the hospital whilst your Sim is giving birth and you even get a birth certificate! I like how you can treat patients and run tests and make a really accurate diagnosis and if you treat them with something that they have not got some consequences could happen and the patients will not be too pleased with you! I like how the waiting room keeps filling with ill Sims. The only thing that I don't like about this is how they all crowed around the reception desk and not sit down in the waiting area! It REALLY annoys me! I love all of the new interactions you can use with your co-workers; my only problem with the co-workers is they do not really do any work (apart from the doctor and maybe the receptionist). They don't admit the patients to the bed or run tests with the ill Sims! Now... on to my favourite bit of the doctor career... DELIVERING BABIES!!! This is brand spanking new to The Sims games! Although my Sim is not high in the career to do this I have seen it done LP's it seems really cool! The other new thing is performing surgeries and sometimes you might pull out the wrong organ! Overall this is a really good career but nothing is perfect and it has plenty of improvements.

SCIENTIST - I think that I have played this one the least. But oh well! I love the way that you can create new inventions and test them out on friends, family and even co-workers! I love how you can make potions (just like in The Sims 3 Generations). I think that it changes it your mood. Also another new feature you can a portal thing and you can travel to the planet Sixim and meet an alien or two! This now means that your Sims can get abducted by aliens and male Sims have a chance to get pregnant! However, there is this really annoying glitch that if you woohoo with your partner both Sims could get pregnant but it has the moodlets as if it were abducted by aliens. I like how you can befriend the robot that helps you build invention such as the 'simray'. It would be good if you got abducted by aliens, impregnated but then (if you don't want the alien) have the baby go to Sixim and drop off the baby. It would just make life easier if you are just starting off, your Sim gets ubducted then paying money for a baby or babies you didn't even want. I like how you have to collect the ingredients before making the Serum (like the alchemy sill from The Sims 3 Supernatural). Although I have not played it much it has been a really good career so far!

DETECTIVE - I really like the idea of the detective career (like the PI profession in The Sims 3 Ambitions). It gives you a lot more things to do then in ambitions. You have to travel to the crime scene and gather evidence then add it to the crime map. Then when you have gathered enough clues you have to travel to the place the suspects were last seen. Then you have to play 'guess who' trying to find the suspect that is described. When you think that you have the right suspect then make the arrest. Play 'good cop' or 'bad cop' and get the suspect to admit what he/she has done. Then time to take a mug shot, fingerprint the suspect, search the suspect (and believe me it is really funny some of the objects you find are very funny) then put them in a cell. Finally close the case. When you are not at a crime scene or chatting with co-workers there are plenty of things to do in and out of the station. You have to take mug shots, fingerprint the suspects, search the suspects, chat with your boss/co-workers, and gain your athletic skill or browsing the police database. When not finding a suspect you could also go on patrol. This is also a new feature, now you can give people a citations for fighting, dropping litter ect. Now it is time for some of the bad things about it. There is a glitch when you arrest a suspect and then it does not appear with you at the police station. EA needs to get this fixed!!! I really enjoyed playing this career.

RETAIL - With the new town: Magnolia Promenade would be a really good place to set up a retail store. You can sell anything out of the catalogue! I have really enjoyed building my store from the ground up, firing employees and building a bakery - with the new baking skill! I think that the only thing that annoys me is that when a customer is ready to but something you don't use the cash register - you use a tablet. The only point of having it is to fire/hire employees, set prices and open/close the store. As you sell items and talk to costumers you get perk points. You can spend them on things like: less time restocking or guaranteed sale, they are really good and would recommend saving them up to get some really good points! Also with the other new skill: photography which always you to take SELFIES and as you level up the photo quality. You can employ models and have a photo shoot and then sell your works of art! The retail is a really nice addition to the game and I still have a lot more to explore!

ALIENS - Aliens have made a return to the game but this time you can create them in CAS! There are tonnes of make-up options and brand new tattoos. Although they only have two outfits but you can choose from about 3 colours! Your alien can disguise themselves as humans and can read mines and lots of other really good stuff! I really like the idea how you can create them in CAS and look foward to continue playing with them!

The Sims 4 Get To Work comes with lots of new CAS items and even if you don't like the careers I would still recommend on getting it for all of the CAS items!!!

I would definitely recommend getting it because it was really fun playing it. Even though it came out in April I still have not explored everything!!!

Thank you for taking the time and reading all of this. PLEASE feel free to comment because my question is: how did you find The Sims 4 Get To Work? REMEMBER: THIS IS MY OWN OPINION!

Bye for now,
Playitt
Life is better when you have friends...

Post edited by Playitt on

Comments

• Options
    YTSparklesYTSparkles Posts: 205 Member
    I agree with you!! :)
  • Options
    SimmingWithStarsSimmingWithStars Posts: 439 Member
    Well you shared your opinion, so here's mine:

DOCTOR:
    This is the career I've played the most, and I must say that to me, it seems awfully repetitive after a while. I've found so many bugs (eg. I can rarely ever get a definite diagnosis, even after running all of the tests on the sim) that honestly, I don't bother with this career much any more. As for delivering babies, although I never got to that stage in the career, my pregnant sim has travelled to the hospital whilst in labour and just stands outside. If I click on her, one of the options is still 'Have baby at hospital.' Anyone else had this glitch?

SCIENTIST:
    I haven't played this one at all, but it doesn't sound like much of a career to me...

DETECTIVE:
    This is my favourite new career. Although it does get repetitive, I LOVE playing the good cop or bad cop during interrogations.

RETAIL:
    I enjoy this new aspect of the game, and having never played TS2 Open For Business, it seems awesome to me! However, I would like to be able to open a shop on my home lot, so I don't have to go through a LOADING SCREEN every time I want to travel to and from my shop. I end up putting beds in the lot and spending the night!

ALIENS:
    I have only been abducted once, and have never gotten pregnant. This element of the game is not my style of gameplay, so I don't have much to say about it.

All in all, I have NO REGRETS WHATSOVER about buying this EP. (Even if it was a pain in the plum to buy @Playitt and @LonelySimmer, remember?!) I love this pack, even though I never use it! I love the CAS content.
    Currently doing one of the following:
      - Eating - Sleeping - Simming - Reading - Watching 90s Sitcoms - Drinking tea - Wearing socks.
  • Options
    @lavenderbag I do remember... also about the hospital gitch all you hjave to do is click on the front desk and click check-in! :)

• Options
    iv789iv789 Posts: 2 New Member
    So, I have a question. When you buy the Sims 4 GTW, does it come with the base game? In other words, if I hadn't purchased Sims 4 Standard Edition, and then I purchased Sims 4 GTW, would it work?
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    iv789 wrote: »
    So, I have a question. When you buy the Sims 4 GTW, does it come with the base game? In other words, if I hadn't purchased Sims 4 Standard Edition, and then I purchased Sims 4 GTW, would it work?

No you need to have both the base game and GTW for the it to work.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    iv789 wrote: »

No you need to have both the base game and GTW for the it to work.

I don't think that it would come with the base game I think you would have to buy them individually! Hope that helps!

• Options
    iv789iv789 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you both! That really helped! ;)