Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    More of a tip - if you have your sim wear earbuds and listen to music while doing mundane (unfun) tasks (homework/university work) it can keep their fun at bay.

I tried it when my sim was working on her presentation and it helped her a lot!

orVrDsQ.png

8HeJ7y2.png

It's a nice passive way to keep their fun up (same as real life I guess lol)!
    ~*~ โค๏ธ Will and Holly Sappy Love Story โค๏ธ
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Random fun fact, if your sim is successful at attempt at introduction to a celebrity and then proceeds to be rude to them, the celebrity may eventually shun them. This blocks out every interaction to the celebrity and puts a red X behind them in the relationship panel.
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    EgonVM wrote: ยป
    Random fun fact, if your sim is successful at attempt at introduction to a celebrity and then proceeds to be rude to them, the celebrity may eventually shun them. This blocks out every interaction to the celebrity and puts a red X behind them in the relationship panel.

^^^ Interesting! I want to try that LOL
    ~*~ โค๏ธ Will and Holly Sappy Love Story โค๏ธ
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    Wow, I did not know that. I have to try it.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited March 4
    I didn't know that molding things with clay has a very different animation if the sim is angry. Instead of pulling it around this way and that, they just punch the clay repeatedly.
    03-03-24-6-29-08-PM.png
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    edited March 10
    For those of you wanting an old-fashioned bus stop there is one via debug in the Cottage Living collection. It's a simple wooden bench with a blue sign by it showing a white bus. Didn't see the sign at first, clicked on the bench so sim could sit a while, and got the 'travel' interaction.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    I didn't realize (or forgot) that mini sheep and goats will help with gardening if you ask them. They eat weeds and bugs. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113827&authkey=%21AKGivgxbp9vpjfE&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    @lanlyn But they don't eat the plants? How well-mannered! :)
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    @lanlyn But they don't eat the plants? How well-mannered! :)

@mightysprite I remember when I was in Alabama they had goat brigades that were trained to go after invasive species of plants specifically.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    The new packs has bracelets for left and right arms, it is possible to wear two bracelets at once.
    CZhQExF.png
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I am making a save file and I found out something very interesting:
    I successfully replaced the sages from Realm of Magic, the TrifTea owner from High School Years, as well as the Mayor and her son, along with the store owner, the pub owner, and the creature keeper from Henford-on-Bagley, all while retaining their crucial roles in the game!
    I made a short video if you want to check it out!
    Surprise! You Can Replace Key NPC's in the Sims 4
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Listen to the birds.

ogi8V7E.png
    sGVyh5G.png
    kMuIgsv.png
    O8bNDQ5.png
    PMKtvgU.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    @simgirl1010 I love that detail so much!

Found this out last week, forgot to share it here. If you sims witnesses pets nuzzle they do a reaction animation. Love it so much. So far I've seen two different reactions, not sure if there are morei2yYIvH.pngmREfsjr.png
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves how cute. ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    A pleasant surprise today: in Movie Night stuff, sims can declare their favorite movie genre after enjoying a movie. It turns out that these (except Family genre) will affect how they enjoy the movie, not only boosting the enjoyment, but nullifying any negative modifiers that could come from traits.

I originally shared it in AnswersHQ, but I guess I can reshare it here.

Besides sim's current emotions and declared favorites, traits also affect how sims enjoy the movie:
    + means enjoys, - means dislikes
    • Romance
      • Romantic +
      • Unflirty - (unless they've declared Romance as their favorite movie genre)
    • Kids
      • Childish +
      • Cheerful +
      • Hates Children -
    • Horror
      • Gloomy +
      • Geek +
      • Evil +
      • Squeamish - (unless they've declared Horror as their favorite movie genre)
      • Cheerful - (unless they've declared Horror as their favorite movie genre)
    • Drama
      • Art Lover +
      • Creative +
      • Childish -
    • Action
      • Active +
      • Bro +
      • Snob - (unless they've declared Action as their favorite movie genre)
    • Comedy
      • Goofball +
      • Clumsy +
      • Bro - (unless they've declared Comedy as their favorite movie genre)
      • Snob - (unless they've declared Comedy as their favorite movie genre)
    Plus sims banned from movie theatre will never enjoy the movies.

Here's also a list of potential movie titles:
    • Romance
      • Packs & Prejudice
      • Simder 2: Master Suite
      • Untamed Treachery of the Heart
      • Princess Cordelia's Pirates
    • Kids
      • Critters from the Mauven Forest: the Last Llama
      • Peter Barker's Homecoming Hijinks
      • SuperKids: Agent Diaper
      • VoidBop: The Movie
    • Horror
      • A Room with No Door
      • Death Mirror
      • Greg's Revenge
      • Moonlight Massacre IV: Cursed Bite
    • Drama
      • Tournament of Honor
      • Dusk Glow 3: Shadowmoon
      • Gentleman Corgi: A Memoir
      • Of Tea & Treachery
    • Action
      • Captain Sigma: Olympus Landing
      • Treasures of Aarbyville
      • Live and Let Diamond
      • The Sheriff from Alpha Centauri
    • Comedy
      • All My Friends are Fred
      • The Great Pickle Capers
      • Missing Handlebars
      • Yibs. Yibs!
  • Options
    Screenshot-20240406-080618-2.png
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    @simgirl1010 ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: ๐ŸถDog Lover, ๐ŸŽจCreative, ๐Ÿ˜‘Loner
    Social Media: ๐Ÿ˜@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป๐Ÿ• Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | ๐ŸŒA Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: ๐ŸŽจ Jac related CAS and Build CC | ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธ Film Noir Wall Decorations | ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐ŸŽจPauline King Art
  • Options
    edited April 6
    @Caerfinon I'll be checking this when I play today.

ETA: I should probably test before posting. ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    @simgirl1010 , It is correct, barstools do slot in there, all stalls what have that side "table" .. no idea why they never put chairs to fest booths :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Thanks @Ellupelluellu. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I didn't realise child Sims can use the ice cream maker! Selene autonomously decided to make herself some pistachio gelato.

toXKdRM.jpg
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    I haven't played the game for about 2 years. Apparently, now when Sims get married, you no longer have to edit their last name in CAS! Good change, if you ask me!
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    My Sim is at level 7 knitting, and just started her first cross-stitch hoop. She's got a +1 four hour Focused moodlet "from cross-stitching with high knitting skill"! The description says "All that knitting really helped Erytheia get their needle work on point! She even got the needle threaded on the first try! That never happens!" Pretty cool. I don't know how much benefit a high level of knitting will have beyond that.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    Something I've either never noticed, or it's new. On the Springfest Easter Egg Hunt, my latest household found real eggs on their hunt, not just the collectable eggs. And most were special eggs: rainbow, chocolate, blue, etc. I don't think I've ever had sims find real eggs. Is this normal or have I missed it all these years? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113943&authkey=%21AENIp3onfQsYi_w&width=1920&height=1080

Also, I've had a couple of my sims switch traits with the expanded trait system, but I thought it was interesting that my Socially Awkward sim got a notice saying he could switch from that to Insider! Almost an opposite personality. Pretty cool. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Of course, he also has the Cringe trait, so he still struggles around others, Insider or not. ๐Ÿ™„

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top