Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with mannequins

Hey, guys. So despite my initial dislike of TS4, I decided to give it another chance since I found Get To Work to look like a pretty cute expansion. Well, one of my favorite things about TS2 was not only the clothing stores, but also being able to own and operate your own store when Open For Business came out.

So, I decided to combined those two aspects and have my new sim own a clothing store. First, I was a little disappointed that there were no generic clothing racks for people to browse (frankly, my store feels empty without them), but I thought the mannequins and particularly posing them was awesome. However, I'm running into a problem with said mannequins.

The lesson on mannequins said I can only have 10 per lot. Well, that's fine. I have exactly 10. Here's my problem - I have multiple copies of the same type of mannequin and the game seems to not understand that they're independent of each other.

For example, I was creating a window display with a nice spring collection. My first set was a 4-family everyday look that featured a mother, father, son, and daughter all using the realistic mannequins. Next to them, I was going to focus on each age individually for a more formal look. I have 2 realistic female mannequins and when I went to change the clothes of the second one...it changed the clothes of the first! I can't, for the life of me, figured out how to have one mannequin wear one outfit, and the other wear another one if they're the same type of mannequin.

Is this a glitch? Or just how it was intended? :neutral:

Comments

• Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    When you create outfits for mannequins, all outfits are shared between mannequins of the same gender and age group.

So for example you can create multiple young adult female outfits, and you can put any of those outfits on any of the adult female mannequins in your store using the "Dress Mannequin" option when you click on it. (I think that's what it's called anyway, I haven't looked in a few days)

You don't change their outfits individually in CAS, you click on the mannequin and then chose its outfit from the outfits you've already made.

Also, this is only effective if you know how to have multiple outfits in CAS. In case you don't, it's easy. You just go and click the arrow above the category you're in, and you click the + to add a new outfit slot. So you can have 5 Everyday outfits, 5 formal outfits, etc. You can do this on regular sims as well as mannequins.
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    jsn wrote: »
    When you create outfits for mannequins, all outfits are shared between mannequins of the same gender and age group.

So for example you can create multiple young adult female outfits, and you can put any of those outfits on any of the adult female mannequins in your store using the "Dress Mannequin" option when you click on it. (I think that's what it's called anyway, I haven't looked in a few days)

You don't change their outfits individually in CAS, you click on the mannequin and then chose its outfit from the outfits you've already made.

Also, this is only effective if you know how to have multiple outfits in CAS. In case you don't, it's easy. You just go and click the arrow above the category you're in, and you click the + to add a new outfit slot. So you can have 5 Everyday outfits, 5 formal outfits, etc. You can do this on regular sims as well as mannequins.

Ahhhh I'm an idiot. Hahaha! Thank you so much for the clarification!
  • Options
    joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
    Select "create a random style" and then "create style in CAS" to edit it.

That way the mannequins will wear different clothes.
    SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
    ♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
    ♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    jsn wrote: »

Ahhhh I'm an idiot. Hahaha! Thank you so much for the clarification!

No problem! :)
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif