Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone figured out how to keep npcs from going behind the counter yet?

Wa! I have to box my sim in..lol

Comments

• Options
    LynnKatSnowLynnKatSnow Posts: 18 New Member
    I hope I'm just missing it...? I liked that it used to be a door lock option in Sims 2, but it might be more effective now that we can select rooms to make certain areas "Employee Only".
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Right now I have counters for my bakery. I just go into build mode and move a counter in one open slot to block her in and keep the npcs out. It is working but would love another way.
  • Options
    Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    I turned move objects on and placed dividers/screens closely behind the displays. It has been keeping sims from behind my counters.

Hopefully they will include a fix for this in the next patch.
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,108 Member
    all they need to do is do a locked door option like the Sims 3!! that way there can be a door going to behind the counter and you can pick the sims that are allowed to use it. I miss this option in the house as well. I'm pretty sick of my Sims going into other Sims bedrooms to play on the computer when they are sleeoing
  • Options
    LynnKatSnowLynnKatSnow Posts: 18 New Member
    Placing counters in the way of NPCs also limits interactions with employees on the other side of the counter, which is inconvenient. Even with all employees behind the counter, the employees then can't do all the work needed, like cleaning the store. Hope a patch fixes some of this.