Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Platinum Simmers hands-on preview Get to Work

LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
Hiya everyone!

In case you want to know a bit more about the new expension pack Get to Work, or just want to read as many things as possible,
here is a link to the hands-on article of Get to Work from Platinum Simmers! https://www.platinumsimmers.com/articles/the-sims-4-get-to-work-hands-on-impressions/

BlackGarden tried her very best to try and find all sort of things the community wanted to know. Maybe there is something in there you haven't read about yet!

03-13-15_4-55-PM-500x281.png
Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
Post edited by Lebanna on

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Lebanna wrote: »
    Hiya everyone!

In case you want to know a bit more about the new expension pack Get to Work, or just want to read as many things as possible,
    here is a link to the hands-on article of Get to Work from Platinum Simmers! https://www.platinumsimmers.com/articles/the-sims-4-get-to-work-hands-on-impressions/

BlackGarden tries her very best to try and find all sort of things the community wanted to know. Maybe there is something in there you haven't read about yet!

03-13-15_4-55-PM-500x281.png
    I had read their experience with GTW on Simsvip's website. :)

• Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    Thanks for posting this! Your review was a good read.
  • Options
    SpazsgirlSpazsgirl Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you for this. Your review was well put together and had some information that I hadn't known before.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Thank you!
    These aliens are so amazing...
    I might buy the EP for them alone.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I can't wait to change my Avi to an alien
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    BlackGardenBlackGarden Posts: 48 Member
    > @Spazsgirl said:
    > Thank you for this. Your review was well put together and had some information that I hadn't known before.

Thanks, this is lovely to hear! I was very tired when I wrote this last night after a long day out but I wanted to write my article before I started to forget the little details. I'm very glad that the end result was coherent!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Aliens can disguise themselves to look like regular sims. As much as I knew this was going to be true, reading it from someone who actually played the game brings a huge smile to my face because one of my pet peeves with every previous sim game was that occults couldn't blend in with regular sims. Now I can make one of my sims marry a sim and be just as shocked at him/her finding out their true love is from out of this world as they are.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    > @Aeroprincess87 said:
    > Aliens can disguise themselves to look like regular sims. As much as I knew this was going to be true, reading it from someone who actually played the game brings a huge smile to my face because one of my pet peeves with every previous sim game was that occults couldn't blend in with regular sims. Now I can make one of my sims marry a sim and be just as shocked at him/her finding out their true love is from out of this world as they are.

Oooh be careful with that! Sims can get angry if they find out they were being deceived. Sounds like an awesome story :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @Lebanna
    @BlackGarden

I forgot to ask!

If you don't mind answering, do you know if we can give pointy ears to regular sims, or are them only for aliens?
    6724061.png
  • Options
    > @Alnairan said:
    > Lebanna
    > BlackGarden
    >
    > I forgot to ask!
    >
    > If you don't mind answering, do you know if we can give pointy ears to regular sims, or are them only for aliens?

I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I know that aliens had a small number of ear presets to choose from, and they were all pointy, so perhaps the pointy ears are only for aliens. But again, not sure. Will see if any of the other attendees noticed :)
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2015
    The review was a great read, and I appreciate you sharing it here! I adore the new makeup, and it does indeed look great on the alien sims. I did not know about the notepad feature. That is going to be very useufl!

This was the best! "Male pregnancy following alien abductions makes a return in Get To Work, and I can’t wait."
    I absolutely love that aliens have pointed ears! YES!!!

Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    > @Alnairan said:
    > Lebanna
    > BlackGarden
    >
    > I forgot to ask!
    >
    > If you don't mind answering, do you know if we can give pointy ears to regular sims, or are them only for aliens?

I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I know that aliens had a small number of ear presets to choose from, and they were all pointy, so perhaps the pointy ears are only for aliens. But again, not sure. Will see if any of the other attendees noticed :)

Thanks, that's cool. I trust the modders to make them available for normal sims if that's the case.
    6724061.png
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Do Aliens still have a sleep need? I liked their Sims 3 ability to stay up all night via brain power.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I couldn't help it...when I saw this part of the post:

There’s also a big red button in the science lab. Azure advised us that if we like our scientists, we shouldn’t have them press it. Well… now I want to press the button.

It just made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JMbtRFABsk
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    This review is incredible! I'm getting more and more excited about this EP the more we learn.

GTW looks like it's full to bursting with content, and all of it looks so great! Just reading about the CAS assets got me excited.

Both Ambitions and Open for Business were my least favourite expansions of their respective generations, and aliens were my least favourite occult, but somehow GTW is taking all of those things and making me LOVE them.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Thankyou very much for the writing the review and sharing it with the simming community. :) It contains very helpful information! Thankyou very much!
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Thank you for taking the time to post the information. I do believe this is going to be fun
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I couldn't help it...when I saw this part of the post:

There’s also a big red button in the science lab. Azure advised us that if we like our scientists, we shouldn’t have them press it. Well… now I want to press the button.

It just made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JMbtRFABsk

Haha It's always tempting to do something when they advice you not to.

*PRESS THE RED BUTTON!*
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Will the aliens have different needs to normal sims? I don't think anyone has said or asked if they will?
  • Options
    Will the aliens have different needs to normal sims? I don't think anyone has said or asked if they will?

They have the same needs as normal Sims. However, when they carry out certain special alien interactions a few times in a row they can end up with a "low brain power" moodlet. But "brain power" isn't one of their need bars or anything.
  • Options
    GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    omg they can be different colors!! My aliens are going to be the best <3
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I don't want to read the rest of the review because I want to leave some surprises for myself.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    omg they can be different colors!! My aliens are going to be the best <3

Don't forget to upload them to the gallery!
    I can't wait to see all the different aliens people are going to make.
    6724061.png
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    > @Aeroprincess87 said:
    > Aliens can disguise themselves to look like regular sims. As much as I knew this was going to be true, reading it from someone who actually played the game brings a huge smile to my face because one of my pet peeves with every previous sim game was that occults couldn't blend in with regular sims. Now I can make one of my sims marry a sim and be just as shocked at him/her finding out their true love is from out of this world as they are.

Oooh be careful with that! Sims can get angry if they find out they were being deceived. Sounds like an awesome story :)[/quote

It does sound like a cool story. The alien could just erase the Sims mind that found out.
  • Options
    greenteagreentea Posts: 235 Member
    Cool! I wasn't really that excited about the aliens, but they look like fun, and I can not wait for the doctor career!