Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items stuck in family inventory?

All of the sudden my sim has started getting things stuck in her family inventory. First it was the camera that she started the game with and now it's the fixer upper car (which has been fixed up, and I really don't want to lose). I can't click on them at all. Tried doing move objects. Anyone had this happen???

Comments

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    That can happen if you've got produce,seeds or collectibles in that household inventory because I've had it happen to me a few times after they go dumpster diving.I would try to find those things and clear them out of the inventory because that's how I fixed it when I had that glitch.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    edited March 2015
    It happens to me from time to time. I use Master Conroller to sort the inventory. That often unsticks the stuck items. The other option is Debug Enabler. It can delete the item, or it offers a list of options of things you may want to do with the items.

They are NRAAS mods - just in case you haven't used them.

EDIT: Just in case you get confused by Debug Enabler - the menu option 'Radius Purge' will delete the item.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would always try to manually empty out things from the family inventory like collectibles before deleting them with my Mods because I don't want to lose everything and it's best to switch households to do inventory checks to make sure inactives aren't filling household inventories with things meant for the sim inventory.You'd need to move these items to the personal inventory.I could see doing a manual clean up at least every time you switch if you only have two families in the world.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    If something is stuck in the inventory you can use debug enabler to choose to either delete it, or move it or do something else with it.

Or you can do what I always try first and that is sort the inventory using Master Controller.

There are some things, such as old bills that can't be shifted and are useless and taking up space so I delete them.
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm experiencing the same bug in my last game, but what is strange it happens only in China (WA) and only with collectables relics. When I begin to empty family inventory on the floor or on the carter's displays, I'm able to catch only few relics from whole group (ex. China Vases, Golden Miniatures, etc.), but then handtool remains blocked with last relic in it.
    Only thing what helps me with placing my relics in Carter's displays, is Debug enabler (NRaas): with this tool I'm able (it is somewhere under "Options: Smartphone") move selected relics to Sim-inventory
    and then clicking on the largest Carter's display (this with 8 slots useable for transfiguration) I'll order to my sim to place selected relics (from Sim-Inventory) on this display.
    However I can't here still move my relics in Live Mode (handtool gets stuck again) and I have to switch in Build-Buy mode to move them where I want.
    What is strange, I have this glitch only in China (WA) and there I haven't "wondrous collection" modlet from those collectables. In homeworld, Egypt and France the same relics aren't stucking in inventory and my sim gets modlet from complete collections.
    (I'm big fan of NRaas suite and I'm using Ellacharmed replacements for all 3 WA worlds, also playing RFlong's Beach City).
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Thanks for all the responses! I will try some of these options. I do have the NRAAS mods, but have not used them for this purposes before, but it's good to know that they have this function.

I have no produce or collectibles in family inventory. The only three things in there are a table that my sim made on the sculpting wheel (not stuck), a camera, and the fixer upper car (both stuck).
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    When I begin to empty family inventory on the floor or on the carter's displays, I'm able to catch only few relics from whole group (ex. China Vases, Golden Miniatures, etc.), but then handtool remains blocked with last relic in it.

I always have that problem moving relics by hand in live mode. I think I eventually gave up and just clicked on the display and chose the option to place relics, then picked the ones I wanted out of the list and the sim will go to the display and place them all there in one fell swoop of the hand. That works for me. Then once they are on the display I can arrange them in buy mode without any problem.
  • Options
    HunterInShadowHunterInShadow Posts: 302 Member
    For things stuck in Family inventory, I found it helpful to just move the family out of the house and then move back in. So far, I've only had a camera stuck in Family Inventory, but I've heard of people having cars and such stuck in there. I've taken precautions by placing the camera somewhere in the house unless the Sim needs it, and making sure that Family Inventory is kept empty most of the time. This way, I can at least be reasonably sure that there is nothing stuck in there.
    "Never tempt the Predator into a Bloodlust." - HunterInShadow
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    edited March 2015
    So I tried using debug enabler, but both items are still stuck. I tried the "move from family inventory" option but nothing happened. When I click on the actual item in the family inventory I don't get any kind of menu options. Any other options? At this point I would settle for deleting the objects (as long as I would get the money). I'd prefer not to move the family out and back in because I've had that cause problems before.

Edit to add: Also tried sorting the inventory from master controller.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    You can use MC to flush the stuck items, but I don't believe you would get any cash for them that way. Though you could then reconcile with Family Funds.

On the ground of the lot, NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Filter to Family (or Active) and select the items to flush. MC Cheats add-on module required.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Angelbeula77Angelbeula77 Posts: 1 New Member
    ok so I've moved different times to different houses and collected things in inventory ... would just sell everything but one of my collectable items I earned is in there so I don't know what to do can anyone help me please ????
  • Options
    I use DebugEnabler to move things from inventories. But I've noticed there are a few career type items that tend to get stuck there and I can't do anything to move them.

Items I remember having problems with are medical beepers and the spyglass for the investigator career.
  • Options
    TaylarfeemanTaylarfeeman Posts: 4 New Member
    I went to edit town and moved out my family and then moved them back in and I could then retrieve my stuff again
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    OMW, my secondary Sim has been dragging around 15 bills for a year now (a human year!) Finally a solution. I keep finding new reasons to love Master Controller. Actually, none of these specific solutions were what I used. I had these items in his personal inventory, and had no use for them. I clicked on him, selected Nraas: Master Controller: Basic: Sell Item. It opened a list of his inventory. I selected a bill. It then asked how many I wanted to sell. I left the total 15 and clicked the arrow to select.

Be careful, there is no confirmation. Once you hit the arrow, it is done.

But, seriously, it took me a year to stumble upon the solution. At least it's done. I've also deleted the purple dragon I didn't want (I was going for green) because it wouldn't let me sell it either. I felt creepy just leaving him in my inventory and ignoring him.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2017
    Just FYI, sometimes the game is unable to identify the contents of sims' mailboxes and mistakenly classifies things as "Bills" or "Junk Mail" that really aren't. I see this most often when I have a sim manage a blog by way of Uni's Social Networking skill and the bogus items are meant to be gifts from blog admirers. I'm sure the misclassified items can show up from other sources as well. There really isn't any fix for that, but some combination of MC and DE commands will almost always help clear then out of whichever inventory window they seem to get stuck in.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    I find using Master Controller to Sort the Inventory often dislodges stuck items and they can then be removed. It doesn't always work with everything but it usually does. Things I have most problems with are items that belong to careers such as beepers. Another way I have found I can get things out of a household inventory is clicking on the roof of a house with the item stuck in the household inventory and using the transfer from available in Master Controller.

But since having the various NRAAS mods in my game I get this issue a lot less often now.

The thing that I do have a problem with is when I get items in personal inventories that should never go into a personal inventory such as furniture or other things that ought only be in Household Inventories. I think Debug Enabler has a menu to 'transfer to household inventory'. That fixes that problem.
  • Options
    Jezzabella2313Jezzabella2313 Posts: 16 Member
    I traveled to University and was able to get all my unstuck items out then. Don't know if it's a "fix" but it worked for me.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Youre telling me my doctor sim doesnt need to have 4 pagers? Maybe he'll get some decent sleep for once :D
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited September 2018
    By chance are any of you playing the architect career?
    For some odd reason, items get stuck in my inventory when I do that career.
    Specifically cars.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Sorry - I already said that.

Sorry, I didn't see where you said that.I was just trying to help.I'll butt out next time.:/ lol