The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you kaching?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I play stories so money is completely based on the particular backstory/story for the character or family. For instance, I have a YA who's grandmother died and she inherited some money and a nice house/lot so I motherloded her. Another family whose backstory makes them rich, with the parents at the top of their careers and the child a prodigy violinist--so I cheated money, promotions and skills for all of them. I also have characters who are just starting out with essentially nothing, one family that's poor and lives in a trailer, etc. Just depends on the story I'm playing.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    I have never used cheats. I have probably 1,000 hours each in TS1, TS2, TS3. I feel it takes away from the "I earned it" feeling. I feel much more satisfied building and earning everything thing for my sims.
  • Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    All day, every day.

tumblr_inline_nl6t0kTwCN1rgng1z.gif
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Rosebud cheat used to hurt my hands I did it so much. I use motherlode, cas.fulleditmode, bb.moveobjects, freerealestate, and testingcheats on quite a bit. I've tried the debug cheat too. The aspiration cheat is nice as well when I don't want to deal with all those emotion tied linear tasks. The skill cheats can be fun too especially if I want the reaper skill just for fun.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I liked the whole rags to riches idea with some families (ones I mostly play with at least) but I just get a hankering to just
    bulldoze their house and make something I like. I take the extra cash away afterward, but it doesn't change much.

The one I like the most besides any of the ones relating to building is definitely cas.fulleditmode
    How else would I make those rng townies have their eyebrows match their hair and give old people a chance at being young again? :^D
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    I do not use cheats in the game because it lessens the joy for me, I rather let them work for it and earn it the hard way and have a good time doing it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I can't play using cheats o:)
  • Options
    lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    yunagarnet wrote: »
    All day, every day.

That gif is begging for a soundtrack.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,973 Member
    lissiea wrote: »
    yunagarnet wrote: »
    All day, every day.

That gif is begging for a soundtrack.
    Haha :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    Strictly cheat-nono and proud. :blush:
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    I always use motherload at the start of each family, and give only enough to purchase a starter home. I hate being broke in the game, but I'm not a fan of having enough money, to do everything, all the time. It takes the fun out of it for me.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I start the game with 60k-70ishk (depending on how many Sims I have in the family) because of a mod. It's the perfect average amount for me to build a "starter" house for a large family. Depending on what story I want to play, I adjust the money accordingly.

Cheats I can't live without are cas.fulleditmode, testingcheats for when pregnant Sims are in dire need of a mood boost, and freerealstate for quick populating.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I've been playing the same family for at least 10 generations now, and I've only used money cheats twice, first to start out and build a house, then again a few generations later. I had earned about 200,000$, and at this point, I discovered the gallery and all its wonders, so I downloaded Cinderella's castle and moved in my family. After selling the house and everything inside, I only had to use motherload once to afford the castle.
    Now, generations later, i'm trying to play as realistically as possible. my family has over 400,000 of just hard earned cassshhhh.