Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sadness has filled my life...

I started a legacy with my simself, and my son is about to become an elder. They grow up so fast! :'( I'm long dead, though. Do you guys ever get attached to sims and you don't want to see them change?

Comments

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I age them up myself, so they live a long time. I also become attached to them.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,865 Member
    I play with aging off so I don't have to deal with such issues. :o
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    LoralahlaLoralahla Posts: 214 Member
    I almost cried when one of my Simmies died! I totally become attached.
    Origin ID: Loralahla
    My Simblr: loralahla-sims << updated :)
    2nar0uv.png
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited February 2015
    There are certain ones that I get attached to. I usually give them a potion or two to extend their lives until I'm ready for them to go :)
    Post edited by sillyangel0906 on
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    All the time, every time.
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    Aw well, i'm not patient enough to get to the point where my sim ages to a elder, so i've never experienced that, hehe..
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Yep! I get attached to some of my sims too. As weird as it sounds though, I like that I feel sad when certain sims die. It means the game is doing something right to make me so attached to these technically non-living things.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Yes, one of mine is an elder and his end is fast approaching :'(
    But he has had a good life, he has 4 gorgeous kids and has 3 grandkids :)
  • Options
    SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    I become really attached to certain generations in my Legacies.

And when it is time to pass the torch, I often really plan a bang out way for my heir to go on and...die. Example: Penelope, my gardening heir had to die by Cowplant. It was only the right thing to do. And seeing her ghost come out to tend the garden, that tugs the heartstrings and is an awesome bonus!
    CxevBFV.gif
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    yes my first founder Dewey Dexter, it was a very sad day for me when he and his wife died. It's like I wish he would live forever, now it has been 26 generation ago in sim 3 and now the family still moves on in sims 4 with 4 more generation, but I still remember Dewey.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah, no one ages in my town, aging is off until I'm ready for them to age.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have aging on in my game, but I usually don't play it long enough to see them even reach elder stage!

I have a problem switching/creating a new Sim, just cant seem to stay with one too long :'(
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    My founder's daughter I loved so much. But I'll always have the memories! Now I have these two beautiful twins I'll be sad to see go. Though I already picked who among their four kids I'll be playing.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    I get crazy attached to my sims. Especially my legacy family. Like right now I'm extremely attached to the first born child in my second generation thankfully he's still a kid but I know when the day comes that he's old im probably going to cry.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    My founder sim has reached his elder years which is sad because I know that he'll pass soon. He does have a rather large family of four kids and four grandkids with three on the way. I don't think I'm ready for him to pass on.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Yes. It's the reason why I play multiple worlds. One with aging off so I can forever enjoy my favorite Sims and another with aging on so I can play generations and see how the children turn out!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    Yes in Sims 2 I did.

I had this little girl Megan, she was the daughter of Diana. Megan's father was never in the picture. Diana eventually meets the love of her life Charles Thomas. He was a rich business man, that had moved to town with his son Zach Thomas and his mean wife Camila Thomas. Shortly after moving to town Camila dies in a horrible drowning accident. Zach was always athletic and Megan very sweet. They grew up together. Zach eventually goes off to university. He tunes his athletic skills, graduates with honor's and becomes a famous football player. Megan a few years later goes to university, does very well and becomes a talented artist. After she graduates her and Zach meet for coffee and find they have feelings for each other. They fall in love, get married and have a beautiful red headed daughter Ariel. Being a loving family Zach and Megan have Charles and Diana move in with them. Eventually Ariel will meet Dean Winchester fall in love and get married and have a son Sam. Charles and Diana die, a few days apart, they couldn't live without each other, and are buried in the towns cemetery. Then as time goes Zach dies and a few years later Megan. It was so sad. I watched her grow from a baby, into an active toddler, into a beautiful teen, into an amazing woman who started a family of her own. I couldn't help but become attached.
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Yes. There are some I really hate to see go. I remember I was afraid to buy Sims 2 because I didn't want to see my Sims grow old and die. I do feel differently about it now, after all these years. What is fun for me is to see the genetic traits passed down the generations. I also really enjoy the ghosts in Sims 4 (and Sims 3). They are gone, but not really gone. I don't see ever bringing one back to life, but I like having them lurking around the house at night, stopping for a game of chess with the great-grandchild, chatting with some descendant's new spouse, etc.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I got really attached to this toddler in my game and when she died I was very sad after she grew up.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    dadnboy wrote: »
    I started a legacy with my simself, and my son is about to become an elder. They grow up so fast! :'( I'm long dead, though. Do you guys ever get attached to sims and you don't want to see them change?

Oh, there's one more reason I could never play with a simself :)

But in TS3 I had this sort of a legacy I started with a young adult sim, Jessica, living with a roomie and having a band with her. She ended up as a superstar singer and married to Matthew Hamming (movie star in Bridgeport). Matthew died way before her, but eventually Jessica had two young adult granddaughters. At that point I had already moved her out, but she was invited to a gift giving party her daughter's family had, and she died of old age right after that party, still in that house. It felt kind of sad.

01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I don't really think I have ever gotten attached to my sims, so when their death comes it's more like ... I dunno, a relief? They lived a long life so it's time for them to go :)

Although for the Sims 4, one of my elders wouldn't die so I was anxiously waiting for his death day (he's the founder)... while my other sim died the minute he reached the elder stage, I was not really happy with that ...

I have a strange feeling for when it comes to their deaths.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    dadnboy wrote: »

I do get attached and sad, but excited for the newer generations and fresh air.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    After playing the game for 10+ years and never once sticking with a neighborhood long enough to let the born-in kids age past teenager stage or the CAS Sims age up to elders the only thing I can figure is subconsciously I can't stand to see them grow up.

I remember when sims2 was announced I was so excited to have the possibility of watching my sims grow up and kids of their own that would then in turn grow up. But, never once have allowed this in my game. I always come up with some other idea for neighborhood once the family's children become teens, it never fails.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    This got deep really quick! Like that super bowl advert about dead kids!
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    This got deep really quick! Like that super bowl advert about dead kids!

Omg that ad was HORRIBLE! D: