Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No new life state?

Or maybe it's the Hermit?

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Did they say there was going to be a new life state? Not trying to be sarcastic or rude, I just haven't seen much of the advertising things they did for it.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    If we do get a new life stage added in, I think it will be in more with an EP and not through a game pack.

So no. no new life stage in the outdoor retreat game pack.
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    Wellll, we have ghosts, so I was wondering. I like the unusual. I was hoping we might get an interesting life state to spice up the game.
  • Options
    So, if that is just a game pack, I wonder what the first EP is gonna look like? I wasn't sure how they were doing things exactly. So that was like a stuff pack. OKAY.... Sometimes it takes a while to sink in!!! I very seldom have the time to play anymore! Although I did DL the game pack.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »
    Wellll, we have ghosts, so I was wondering. I like the unusual. I was hoping we might get an interesting life state to spice up the game.

Its too early I guess, can't read just yet.

life state, not life stage.

No, unfortunately. No new life states. I would have been nice if there was some altered life state in the game pack, but nope.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    EA stated that "[t]here are rumors of a mysterious hermit who lives high up in the mountains, but no one knows quite where…" sims.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:LostInRiverview/New_Game_Pack_for_TS4:_Outdoor_Retreat It's the Hermit they're talking about. Before the game was released people speculated that it might be something like Big Foot :)
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited January 2015
    I read somewhere that Bigfoot is in the GP, I think. Is that maybe what was being referred to?

ETA: Sorry, I went back to where I read that. It was someone's interpretation of "new life state." Bigfoot was not specifically mentioned in their source.
  • Options
    ebomb23ebomb23 Posts: 242 Member
    Bigfoot would have been awesome to have in this gp.
    UhDsviD.png
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Sorry, I went back to where I read that. It was someone's interpretation of "new life state." Bigfoot was not specifically mentioned in their source.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    Sorry, I went back to where I read that. It was someone's interpretation of "new life state." Bigfoot was not specifically mentioned in their source.

Ohh, that makes a lot of sense. I was like, when did they say new life state? I want a new life state! lol
  • Options
    KVvin2081KVvin2081 Posts: 75 Member
    I want toddlers back :'( as soon as possible.
  • Options
    mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    There is a cave when you explore the forest. There is a hermit. In my game she is an elder lady who lives in a house with a garden. So nothing special.
    01-14-15_6-48nbspPM.png
    Her cabin.
    01-14-15_6-49nbspPM.png
    A close up picture of her. Do not know her name forgot to look.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • Options
    She looks different in my game. Same clothes but different face. Interesting.... I wonder what it willbe for the next EP.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't think SPs usually had life states and I guess GPs are supposed to replace them. Kind of why I tend to stay away from GPs and SPs and prefer EPs. EPs usually meant at least one new life state and interactions involving those life states.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    Few things to clear things up

1. Life Stage - The Age of a Sim
    2. Life Form - Non-Sim creature (Alien, Plantsim, Servo, etc.)
    3. We will still get Stuff Packs, before the game was released the someone found that the game supports three types of add ons, EP, GP and SP (Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs)
    4. If anything is any indication the first expansion pack will most likely have Aliens.

And like someone said, neither Stuff Packs or Premium Content from Sims 3 ever added new life forms, usually only expansions, and since Outdoor is only a game pack there is unlikely to ever be a life-form added with it.