The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear EA and Maxis i wish more transparency for the future from Sims 4

Like my headline already ask, i want more information about the plans for the Sims 4. The current state how the Sims 4 is going i can't see any real improvements.
Ghost, Pools, Careers and new clothing are really nice thanks for that. But this aren't just enough, can't you tell us what you are planning in your vision for the Sims 4 ?
I can't see that toddler will come back because you guys already started with adding more content into the Game. I am not a programmer but i need to ask isn't that much more work to add more worlds and content and than adding the Toddler into the Game ?
But this is not the only reason why i lose heart into your Sims 4 Vision, i thought i would see all this thru but i can't, this time around i really can't see fun in the Sims 4 and with the current content we have to play with.
I love to play the Sims because its the only Life Simulation that i know, but right now the Sims 4 isn't for me a Life Simulation anymore. I never had really problems before the Sims 4 with your Sims because you improved at least for me the intention for being a Life Simulation.
I am not asking to cut more but improve the Game and also tell us what you are really planning to do with the Sims 4.
So please more transparency for the future. Do not just say can't tell about that, if you really care about your fans just share us more information.

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Maxis would love to share information, but EA forbids it.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Their vision is blurry, and I too would like to know the direction their heading towards and what future things they plan: ex. toddlers.

The silence is killer and all they basically say is "No Comment". I think they don't care about their fans anymore :(
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Like my headline already ask, i want more information about the plans for the Sims 4. The current state how the Sims 4 is going i can't see any real improvements.
    Ghost, Pools, Careers and new clothing are really nice thanks for that. But this aren't just enough, can't you tell us what you are planning in your vision for the Sims 4 ?
    I can't see that toddler will come back because you guys already started with adding more content into the Game. I am not a programmer but i need to ask isn't that much more work to add more worlds and content and than adding the Toddler into the Game ?
    But this is not the only reason why i lose heart into your Sims 4 Vision, i thought i would see all this thru but i can't, this time around i really can't see fun in the Sims 4 and with the current content we have to play with.
    I love to play the Sims because its the only Life Simulation that i know, but right now the Sims 4 isn't for me a Life Simulation anymore. I never had really problems before the Sims 4 with your Sims because you improved at least for me the intention for being a Life Simulation.
    I am not asking to cut more but improve the Game and also tell us what you are really planning to do with the Sims 4.
    So please more transparency for the future. Do not just say can't tell about that, if you really care about your fans just share us more information.

pretty much you and 80% of the fans
    colton147 wrote: »
    Maxis would love to share information, but EA forbids it.
    pretty much this sad things, but this i can't understand, why in bioware forums we can get a support and the dev team speak about the game but in sim can't????? what the difference??? why bioware have freedom, can post news about their games in site and forum but maxis can't??

tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Pretty much this sad things, but this i can't understand, why in bioware forums we can get a support and the dev team speak about the game but in sim can't????? what the difference??? why bioware have freedom, can post news about their games in site and forum but maxis can't??

EA likes Bioware better if I am not mistaken.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting points, OP. EA's silence is doing little for their fans
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    The thing is, all the free content so far have been mostl additions whilde toddlers would be more of a change as well as addition which is harder to do.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    EAxis will not permit giving information out, but if you make a donation they may smile next time they say no. *just joking*

As SimGuruGrant said in a tweet, they don't say nothing because they don't know nothing. Tsk, worst than Jon Snow. :D
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I know the gurus we know of don't represent everyone who works on this game but the fact that only 3 of them are mentioned to be working on gamepacks seems too few. If they hired more people we'd have a better game now and we wouldn't be compromising on features because the staff can't handle the workload. This has already been proven by comments like 'we left our x to consentrate on y'. If they hired more devs then both x & y could have been possible. EA are probably too mean to hire more devs, I imagine they have the bare minimum they possibly could. A team just big enough to create a game with huge compromises.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well i wonder i thought Maxis has power enough to handle their strategie handling their Games.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    blewis823 wrote: »
    EAxis will not permit giving information out, but if you make a donation they may smile next time they say no. *just joking*

As SimGuruGrant said in a tweet, they don't say nothing because they don't know nothing. Tsk, worst than Jon Snow. :D
    lol i can't stop of laught you save my day really thansk
    tumblr_mqjk1r8YOS1rxa2k2o1_500.jpg
    is awesome how a game developer know nothing about his own game lol.
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »
    Pretty much this sad things, but this i can't understand, why in bioware forums we can get a support and the dev team speak about the game but in sim can't????? what the difference??? why bioware have freedom, can post news about their games in site and forum but maxis can't??

EA likes Bioware better if I am not mistaken.

I really doubt that, the Sims is the best selling Gaming Franchise and Maxis and EA are pratically partners. So the question is why are they not intending sharing informations ?
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Their silence is saying, "I don't know"

• Options
    Jimil wrote: »
    Their silence is saying, "I don't know"

Well they should know...
    Or else they should stop producing the Sims.
  • Options
    well this still dont explain why bioware which is also part of EA have a better support and the dev team use the forum to give news or to talk about bugs or feedback and maxis no, the golden rule of silence only work for maxis >.> .
  • Options
    well this still dont explain why bioware which is also part of EA have a better support and the dev team use the forum to give news or to talk about bugs or feedback and maxis no, the golden rule of silence only work for maxis >.> .

Because Bioware failed once hard with Dragon Age 2. And they learned their leason from this Game before.
    Maxis didn't really failed in the past and thats why they still aren't ready to see their fail.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Because Bioware failed once hard with Dragon Age 2. And they learned their leason from this Game before.
    Maxis didn't really failed in the past and thats why they still aren't ready to see their fail.
    well maxis dont failed with simcity 2013? and tsm?, 2 fails where not enough to learn O.o????, now we need a third???

• Options

well maxis dont failed with simcity 2013? and tsm?, 2 fails where not enough to learn O.o????, now we need a third???

Well they didn't failed financially i guess.
    Sim City 5 had enough sales to make a profit, also they added many DLCs and other things which brought money into it. And i believe enough people still paid for it. But they have learned online only is a no go for the Simmers :p
    TSM isn't a Main Game and stood stable financially, but i only can guess all this.
    But yes i don't really know why they are refusing to share information.