The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited June 23
    @Turjan That sounds hard, I'm glad you at least have a place to get away from real life with the sims. I hope everything continues to look up for you! Lee Hua is a cutie too! Sims are so obsessed with martial arts they just LOVE it

@emorrill The top is the only thing I grabbed from that collection, but I'll probably get the bathing suit too if I go back to my decades challenge. It's a cute top! Btw is that eskin fresh? I use the same for my main sims qE9dtZo.png

@Nikkei_Simmer Agree, that hair is gorgeous on her and she's such a pretty sim!

For my game I'm trying to get back into actually playing. I have like...5ish saves I rotate that are all part of the same family but I picked a favorite and only ever play one, so the one I'm playing now I haven't played for...at least a year? Well, my game is evil so the walls look like this and it wouldn't let me fix it without the apartment cheat :s The game thinks the second and third floor are apartments but the bottom floor isn't? Totally makes sense, for sure! WWrUV0u.jpeg

Also, not technically sims 3, but I think she kinda counts! I've been playing medieval for the first time and having lots of fun but uhh..my sims started wearing skin suits :smiley: There was a couple times where it looked like they were caked in mud before it rendered the sim (including their eyes..exactly like this but brown) KZsfpOj.jpeg

My only guess is that it's because it doesn't recognize my graphics card but it's weird I didn't have these problems earlier. Big fan of the flesh boots tho! 9d0G8IY.jpeg

Anyway, it's back to regular textures while I play the game, so my last 4k image was uh... well it was supposed to be a club but I don't know how to decorate a club :sweat_smile: I tried! Also, reshade DoF is my enemy it's awful to use. I should probably edit the bags a bit but I'm too lazy for that, so oh well R2iUWao.png

Also my stylist looks like this for some reason! Not sure what I broke this time or if I downloaded something else and it came with this..? I hate it, hope I can figure it out :weary:b8Zilqp.png

Now it's time to actually play! Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :heart:
    Post edited by Breazona on
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,449 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer You're very fortunate to have known how to take care of the Arezzo counter before it was ruining everyone's games. :star: You are braver than me for completely purging your mods folder though. :lol: I have cc from years ago that can't be found on the internet anymore so that's just something I'll never do. There's some cc that I'm like Gollum about: "My precious!" :p
    I want to make them as accurate to the TV show as possible, which is why I'm starting out with the OCs (My personal created JAG characters that I use in my fanfictions) first. Once I get them the way I want them to look, I wanna start working on Harm, Mac and Meg.
    ^Totally understandable. 👍🏻
    I need the link to your fanfic.net page so I can bookmark it. ☑

I keep my backup mods folder separately from the active game folder so it was unaffected. All I had to do was nuke my active games folder.

This is how I keep my backup (It's chock full of mods and cc that I've downloaded from the different sites and tumblr and I plan to export a copy of it to a portable SSD drive to keep a back-up of a backup. Sims3BackupFolder.png
    Always have a backup of every cc that you download...

I'll send the link to you via Facebook Messenger. :)

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,235 Member
    @emorrill

Its amazing what a new skintone can do for the townies, they turned out
    amazing. love the view behidn the home.
  • Options
    edited June 23
    @Breazona

Great screenshots, I feel sometimes cc dont look as good in game as on the
    creators uploaded shots of it.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,426 Member
    @emorrill Glad you found it. I don't like posting people's personal blogs here. :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member
    @Turjan thank you. I had to evict the household and replace the house from a fresh version I had saved to the library. Then it stopped giving me endless errors and crashes. It's been good to play since then. I had a look at what I had left over at the end and decided I had enough to make a second video.

@emorrill I gave up. Some of it will have to be in the next episode. But I managed a little cliffhanger. I'll start loading the completed video today.
  • Options
    The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 2, Episode 21 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/-JS5ue7xIDg

This is another very busy episode. It has two weddings and two birthdays as well as two new babies with another one to be born in the following episode as I ran out of time in this episode to show the arrival of that baby.

There are imaginary friends made real and imaginary friends born in game as well as fairies and plant sims and humans. There is one fairy/plant sim hybrid who is an evil little sim.

I hope you enjoy the video.

The music is from the YouTube Audio Library and the world, Mountain Lake was made by @Rflong7 and I got it from her studio on the Sims 3 Exchange.
  • Options
    In my test folder, testing cc in starlight shores

dekTkYi.jpg

Aurora Martin before she got a makeover

h2YCOvR.jpg

Aurora Martin after, aged her down to young adult too.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,720 Member
    We had no power for nearly a day. I guess that "first day of summer" that consisted of non-stop torrential rain gave one of the connectors below the road the final soak. It took them seven hours today to repair that. At least they found an emergency solution over night. All's well now though.

@Sprottenham The EA App, the software solution that keeps on giving...

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you :smile: . Your updates definitely look fun :smile:

@emorrill Yes, it's sad if you cannot trust anyone. That must be some miserable life, pretty much always in some kind of fear. It's not kind to the people who have to deal with that attitude though, either.
    I have tried starting games in Hidden Springs a few times by now, but I just can't. Maybe, it hits too close to home, and I have all the baggage of my experience of towns in the Alps in my mind. It just spoils the fun for me.
    However, I enjoyed your long post. And yes, I agree :lol: .

@Breazona Thank you, and yes, the Sims are always a good opportunity to dive into a different world.
    Hmm, is that bottom floor a foundation by chance? Those are tricky to work with. Anyway, I usually also have the apartment on the upper floor while the ground floor is public and hidden (serves as "apartments" for the service sims). You check and/or change that in buydebug (with the "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off" cheat).
    The stylist and skin suit bugs are, unfortunately, quite common. I guess the textures are installed in the wrong place (like packed up in a merged file instead of installed separately).

@Karritz Thank you. I'll watch your video later :smile: .
    I didn't get much play, and the power outage didn't help, but I wanted to alleviate the housing situation in my game somewhat. Now I have 8 apartments that only cost 12,000 simoleons to buy, and if I still get complaints, I don't know.
    Hooray, long live the mighty box (yes, it was a quick job. Sue me.):
    FA7UD3u.jpg
    It's the 8 more or less identical buildings in the front. Let's see how that turns out.

Happy simming!
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,817 Member
    @emorrill I don’t, but am not opposed to using them.
  • Options
    edited June 25
    I may have to pull my folder again. Two of my store items quit working...and they're ones I use constantly. :neutral:

And...I have to get AAAs again. That's the problem with wireless mice...they eat batteries like anything. Unfortunately with our cats loving to gnaw on mice cords - wireless is unfortunately our only option. Anyhoo... I hope that I can manage to get a few packs which will keep me going for a while.

Decided to experiment a bit with a game with Animal and Jugs.

Had Animal retire in Hidden Springs. ~smirk~ @emorrill

Screenshot-185.jpg
    Animal: Jugs?! What are you doing here?
    Jugs: Well, I decided to pop by. I'm out.
    Animal: Wait? What?
    Jugs: I put in my request for separation about four days after you did. So it came in four days after yours did. I've gotten a letter stating my ETS and my DD-214 is in my bag, so I'm free and clear of the Navy. Got my thirty in so they won't be trying to drag me back kicking and screaming.
    Screenshot-186.jpg
    Animal: But...I thought...you were going for flag-rank. What happened.
    Jugs: I got other plans...
    Animal: Oh? Other plans?
    Screenshot-187.jpg
    Jugs: Well...other plans...if a certain someone doesn't mind being a part of them...

:mrgreen:

Screenshot-190.jpg
    Oh...and Jugs has had the hots for her CO for a long time. Thank you, Sims game...
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,730 Member
    Hey everyone. I’ve been enjoying catching up on everyone’s updates. :smile:
    @Nikkei_Simmer I remember Kimber from a few years ago. She looks gorgeous and that hair is one of my favourites. You and @emorrill are really convincing me to buy Hidden Springs :lol:
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer what isn't working for you? If it's premium content, then the problem is most likely the ccmerged file that is found in DCBackup. It occasionally gets corrupted.

The way to fix it is to rename your current active Sims 3 file so the game won't find it when you launch. This will force it to create a new Sims 3 folder.

With the new sims 3 folder install all of the premium content you own. This will create a new ccmerged file.

Replace the corrupt file with the newly created ccmerged and keep a backup of the new clean ccmerged somewhere safe.

Delete the Sims 3 folder you just created as all you wanted was the new ccmerged file.

Then fix the name of the folder you previously renamed so that it's Sims 3 again and the game will be able to find it when it launches.

There are ccmerged files available to download but I don't have any links to them.
  • Options
    edited June 25
    @Karritz, I'll definitely take your recommendation and do that. At least it'll save me having to port everything back in.
    Update: Just renamed my folder, let the game regenerate a new game folder, let it load, then yanked the fresh ccmerged file, made a backup copy of it in my cc (GAMES mods backup) folder for use if it happens again and then popped the ccmerged file into my old renamed Sims 3 Game folder and renamed it back to what it was. Now it's currently loading and I'll check on it to see if that worked out. Thanks, @Karritz,

@coco, Hidden Springs is absolutely beautiful. I'm still trying to come to terms with the green-tinged sims, though. They're quite interesting and I'm still trying to figure out how they're going to play into the save that I'm running on right now. For now that save is just a test save, I'm still going to work on creating my JAG-Sims. I want to make Harm, Mac and Meg myself, rather than using other people's sims - at least I've got the cc sliders working and I hope to be able to use them to make them look like the actors.

@Breazona, sorry about missing your comment - I think that hair looks really nice on her...I was just going through all the cc that I've piled onto the game and just ran across that hair in some of my testing of different hairstyles on Kimber. It was the one that complemented her face perfectly. The only other one that came close was the Nightcrawler one (the same one I used on River). So, Kimber is my hot, female F-14 Tomcat pilot. I need to get those cc uniforms and flight-suits that I concocted with Adobe Photoshop off my hard-drive on my laptop. She was also Animal's Executive Officer (2nd in Command), Animal was the Commanding Officer of their squadron. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Karritz Awesome posts about DCBackup! :)

Back up clean up. :p
  • Options
    Nope, still doesn't work. So I've yanked my entire game folder again and deleted it completely. Will have to rebuild entirely. At least what that will do is it will get rid of whatever has corrupted my ccmerged and I can start fresh.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited June 25
    Nope, still doesn't work. So I've yanked my entire game folder again and deleted it completely. Will have to rebuild entirely. At least what that will do is it will get rid of whatever has corrupted my ccmerged and I can start fresh.

You can start a new saved game using the method that @Karritz explained in their post. You will have a clean version of the world you are playing along with the lots that you may have backed up to a USB and the cc that is so much cherished in this game. You will have to start over but at least you have all your backed up cc,sims and lots and stories without a .badsave :)

Good luck. Sims 3 is super finicky about what you put in it. I'm always ready to restart a world. I back everything up on multiple labeled USB external drives religiously. That's where the guts of my game live.
  • Options
    @MiataPlay - ;) I've got back-ups of all the mods...and I'm able to rebuild all the stuff since I have sims3packs of all the things I've rebuilt after getting rid of the Arezzo cabinet infection. I get the hunch it was one of the cc that was the Toreno Army Set. I've got three of them downloaded, so I just need to find the one that doesn't mess up my game. After losing several game-saves in the past that during the course of the 7 years I've been playing Sims 3, I learned very quickly to make sure I have multiple saves...saved. :disappointed:

Also...I tend to use the "nuclear" option (killing my saves) quite readily mainly due to the fact that I find it much easier to start from scratch than to root out the problem that may be one of several problems. And I really hate having to go "Ok...problem number one down...but oh oh...here comes another problem."

This also gives me a reason to sort out my cc and see which ones that I tend to use "regularly" and discard ones that I don't use on a regular basis (confine them to my back-up archive of cc instead of taking up space in my game. The CAS cc is going to be the main fun of trying to sort out in terms of what I used for each sim I have now.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited June 25
    I go to the extreme if I have to. Restart a fresh world of the existing world that I am playing..and total annihilation of that world before I start dropping my guts in the world! :p

Nothing comes between me and my sims!

CAS..start with 100 packages or packs at a time..sometimes I will take up 500 cc items out and go from there... :/

Edit: I'm very slow to download cc these days..one mistake can take a week of fixing. ;)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,150 Member
    @Breazona
    The top is the only thing I grabbed from that collection...
    ^Lol, yeah after testing out all the clothes from that collection, the top is what I ultimately decided to keep too. :p And yes it's very cute. :blush:
    Yes, I use Eskin fresh on most of my male sims. :) I used to have it as a default skintone, because I love it so much, but then I discovered the wonders of using various skins to have more variety in my game. :mrgreen:
    I still have yet to play The Sims Medieval! I would LOVE to try it out! :smiley:
    Also, reshade DoF is my enemy it's awful to use.
    ^Gosh yes it is! :confounded: I 100% agree!
    Sorry your cc CAS room looks broken. :( I hope you can figure out the cause and it gets fixed. 👍🏻

@Nikkei_Simmer Glad to hear you keep a religious backup of the stuff you download. 👍🏻 It's almost essential to do that now that Sims 3 is an old and no longer EA supported game.
    Had Animal retire in Hidden Springs. ~smirk~ emorrill
    ^Hee hee. :mrgreen: Very nice!
    Oh and "Jugs" totally wants Animal to be a part of her post military life. :smirk:

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks girl. 🥰
    I say you did wonders for Aurora Martin. ;)

@MiataPlay Understandable. Although I think the folks from Tumblr kinda love it when people share their blog all over the place. :p So you probably would've been ok. 😜

@Karritz Ooooh...I guess I should find out if it's a good cliffhanger or not? :p lol!
    Awesome advice about DCBackup. :star:

@Turjan
    Yes, it's sad if you cannot trust anyone. That must be some miserable life, pretty much always in some kind of fear. It's not kind to the people who have to deal with that attitude though, either.
    ^Amen my friend. 👏🏻 And yeah, it seems like anymore these days my MIL is just miserable with everyone and every thing in her life. :cry:
    Oh. Well I'm glad you enjoy my HS posts anyway. :lol: 💜
    Hey I think all those apartments look good. 👍🏻 At least your recolored them so they don't look all cookie cutter boring. ;)

@Brandontaylor Good to know. 👍🏻 I'll get back with you on it. :) I can't believe how busy this summer has been... :grimace:

@coco
    You and @emorrill are really convincing me to buy Hidden Springs :lol:
    ^DO IT! :smiley: It's worth it to me. And you won't regret it. :blush:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952pwz6dke1edlz4v6q6lwcz67r4frh07jzhnzr4l0s&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Hee hee! :mrgreen:

I hope to post some more gameplay shenanigans tomorrow everyone. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,150 Member
    edited June 26
    You guys! I caught some humorous moments of Sam, Emma, and Al doing some epic dancing in my game and got them on video just to share with y'all. :lol:

Enjoy seeing my favorite simmies "in real life!" ;):mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/2Nwz8D1YDek

This one is my favorite!! :joy:<3
    https://youtu.be/0zcWV5R-DBw
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill

Great videos that first song was good
    aswell.
  • Options
    A Random update

This time it is from my test folder in Starlight shores, I ended up playing my
    testfolder a bit.

WR20tMu.jpg

Matias singh was in the singer career, but I got tierd of the random job
    performigns so he quit and I will set him in another career as self writer.

wKO7dJh.jpg

Sawyer Finegan I think with new hair and skintone.

gCYOtwD.jpg

Before he quit, he did these random singing jobs and greeted people

8vQ7pNL.jpg

His wife got pregnant and they had a baby daughter

od2KGDp.jpg

I named the daughter Rain, cause it was raining when she was born.

All for now
  • Options
    edited June 27
    JAGSims_crawl.png
    JAG_poster.webp
    Looks like I gotta lot of work cut out for me. There are some characters missing from this picture. Namely the characters in the first season.
    a77cf97aeb3ceecfbb2c5324bd489e73154f3307bc1d85d7d1c61602cc3543eb.jpg
    Namely Meg.

I'll probably be doing this for quite some time since I want to get the facial features of each sim absolutely correct to the TV show's actors. Secondly to start off, I'm not going to dive right into the JAG show's characters, I'm going to delve into my OCs from my JAG fanfiction. The first being Commander Kimber "Jugs" Benton, the XO of VF-41 Black Aces, then I'll work slowly into my OC Commander Toshio "Animal" Nakamura. Those will be the first two sims I create from MY JAG fanfiction. Then I'll get into the other characters like Lieutenant Commander Meg Austin, Commander Harmon Rabb Jr. and Major Sarah "Mac" Mackenzie.
    Screenshot-46.jpg
    I've created Captain Kimber "Jugs" Benton. I miss my Navy Uniforms I made for my JAG Sims - unfortunately GIMP is a royal pain to work with trying to get transparencies and I currently don't want to make the effort of doing them up in uniform at the moment so in civvies they'll be.
    Screenshot-175.jpg
    I worked on what would be "Admiral" Toshio "Animal" Nakamura, retired Navy Admiral, former Chief of Naval Operations and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and former F-14 Tomcat naval aviator. I think he's pretty much the way that I want him to be. He's not a handsome guy, been a part of some pretty nasty bar-brawls and bears the scars of such altercations. He's tough as nails. And I can either have him (depending on the story) go with Jugs or with Meg. I've set him up as an "adult"; not a young adult, so I can either have him go "young adult" for anything between Lieutenant and Captain (O-6) vs. adult for "Rear Admiral lower-half through Fleet Admiral"
    DJE_Google_Search.png
    NOW, I can go on to the next group of sims that I have to do in order to get my JAGSims back. I'm going onto Commander (now Captain) Harmon Rabb Jr. The toughest part of getting Harm correct in The Sims is trying to find a confounded picture that has David James Elliott NOT smiling and facing the camera straight on. Does he EVER not smile in his pictures? Why? Because what that expression does, is it crinkles his eyes and makes me unable to get a proper read on what his eyes look like in a relaxed position. It affects the true shape of his eyes and makes it harder to get a true image of what he looks like.

...and just letting you know...right now creating Harmon Rabb Jr. is DRIVING ME EFFIN' INSANE!!! He's NOT COOPERATING!!! 🤬

Like I mean...I shouldn't be surprised. I've watched the TV show. When is Mr. Rabb NOT not co-operating?

(this post will be continued...at a later date once I get my cc sliders configured).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,339 Member
    Words cannot express just how much I hate the ea app :weary: Every time I want to play I have to open the app, use the drop down menu to restart it, then I'm finally allowed to play. It's tedious and as much as I hated origin I'd do anything to have origin back :heartbreak:

Also, have any of you ever had an issue with the looks bit of cas lagging? It takes at least 30 seconds to open each category (eyes, nose, etc) and god forbid I want to use any presets because that will take forever. The game freezes while opening these as well.
    The rest of my cas loads quickly with no lag, but this bit has been struggling, which makes no sense to me? I'm unsure what would even cause this..? Can't find anything online so hoping someone here might know something.

Anyway, I haven't actually shared much of my actual gameplay here! This family consists of gen 3 rikina, her husband she met at college, their daughter naaja, and her cousin Aubrey.
    Gen 3 grew up in greenland (Saaqartoq by nilxis, lovely world) and Aubreys mom moved to new york (boroughsburg) after high school while rikina went to college in denmark (dronningslund) with her brother soren and his girlfriend, which is where she met her husband.
    It's quite common irl for greenlanders to study in denmark and they're taught danish as a second language as kids!
    Rikina and husband moved to washington (im literally playing this world up right now and forgot its name..) and since naaja and aubrey went to the same college their parents were like oh hey, you could room with your cousin! Worked out super well since they were both doing a sci&med degree.
    They lived in rinn fada for a while after college then both moved back in with Naaja's parents. So that's where I'm at now. They age up to adult super soon and I'm not ready!
    Here's aubrey who is just a carbon copy of her mom but with black hair. She's a vet and she really likes small critters. She likes to paint since she grew up painting side by side with her mom.
    KAKk0GT.png

Both girls are socially awkward so they're quite close since they struggle to make bonds with other people. This is fine for Naaja since she doesn't want a relationship or family, but Aubrey does so she has to suffer a bit by forcing herself to get out there!

Naaja and her mom as well as kitty Sialuk. For some reason I thought it would be a grand idea to give their other kitty, Løveq, the vomit machine trait. I regret that, all that kitty does it throw up. I hired a maid just so I wouldn't have to clean as much cat vomit. Naaja's hobbies are mostly gaming and reading, but she also enjoys cooking and gardening. The girl has seven traits!! Sims 4 could never UWs72jb.png

Used an item I've never used before! Oh how I wish there was a no pause border mod in sims 3 like there is in 2 :pensive: Oh, and there's Løveq! Lion in greenlandic. I believe sialuk means rain, but greenlandic is a polysynthetic language, so they can squish multiple words together. So something like "it's raining" would be "siallerpoq". The reason I say this is because the kittys name might not be "rain" but might be some other sentence involving rain, it's a bit hard to find greenlandic online as there's only 60,000 speakers! mDUaX5F.png

Also, we have a cow plant for some reason. I don't know why I thought that was a good idea but I guess she can stay. Hopefully nobody dies...? It's so funny coming back to old saves and being like "why did I do that..." to everything

@Silverofdreams30 The top on the pregnant lady is so cute! She also has one of the few EA hairs I like

@emorrill I've been having so much fun in tsm, highly recommend! The textures are much nicer as well because they tweaked the engine a bit. Perhaps an odd wish, but I really wish we had the tsm voices in ts3. I really can't stand ts3 voices but tsm ones are so nice. Senior producer Rachel Bernstein said they added subsurface scattering for a "painterly look" (in an interview she says they wanted it to look hand painted, not photorealistic but more of a fantasy feeling) and a new lighting engine. She says the subsurface scattering was used to give the sims their "rosy glow" under their cheeks and make their eyes look more lifelike. This doesn't mean much to me because I'm a bit dumb :lol: but I had fun doing some research on it the other day so why not share it!

@Nikkei_Simmer Sorry, you think Toshio isn't a handsome guy!? You could definitely find me messing around in a hay stack with him :lol:

@Turjan I'm only seeing level skip markers on the decorative floors at the top. bottom floor is just a normal room. It's super odd as I can't change anything outside of the house without the apartment cheat, but I could before my sim left for uni. Also, I like the box houses! They're colorful and remind me of the pleasantview condos don and the calientes live in! I've only ever built one house and I don't have it anymore since I deleted those saves long ago :( Only picture I have of it is from when it was a WIP so it looks ridiculous haha Y7SyStL.png
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top