Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims disapearing from relationship panel

becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
cant post pictures, but after 12 hours of sim day, all sim friends disappear from the relationship panel, anyone else havingthis issue?

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    becstar732 wrote: »
    cant post pictures, but after 12 hours of sim day, all sim friends disappear from the relationship panel, anyone else havingthis issue?

Depends. If you have aging on, lots of generations/deaths etc, you may have encountered the evil Culling issue.

Per game file, you can have a TOTAL of 180 sims. living/dead/whatever. Once those 180 slots are full, the game starts deleting sims. It's not real selective. Sims living on the map are "safer" but that's still not 100% SAFE.

Tons of threads, search "culling" and you'll find them.

I play with aging off to avoid it, but I've seen enough messages to think this could be what you're facing.
  • Options
    Jadeyb123_90Jadeyb123_90 Posts: 17 New Member
    I had this problem. My sims boyfriend dissapeared from her relationships completely. Luckily her brother is best friends with him so he invited the boyf round who immediately kissed my female sim, and now hes back on her relationship panel and the relationship hasn't been affected! Maybe she had a little case of amnesia.. :P
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I had this problem. My sims boyfriend dissapeared from her relationships completely. Luckily her brother is best friends with him so he invited the boyf round who immediately kissed my female sim, and now hes back on her relationship panel and the relationship hasn't been affected! Maybe she had a little case of amnesia.. :P

So the level of the relationship hadn't changed, only whether he showed in the relationship panel?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

So the level of the relationship hadn't changed, only whether he showed in the relationship panel?

That is very odd, and for some reason it made me think of Sims2 when Angela and Daniel Pleasant lost their Daughter/Father flags.

I can't wait for somebody to come up with a user-friendly debugger (like Pescado's "batman box" in S2) for this game!