The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All my custom content disappeared

TheSimDionTheSimDion Posts: 234 Member
I was downloading something in create-a-sim and I had to update some sims 3 store content, so I went to my desktop and when I went back into the game all my cc was gone. Just like that. I have tried uninstalling and installing again and some other methods, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited December 2014
    sorry @ im not sure i understand what you mean about downloading from CAS do you mean the exchange? also did you have the game on while you were trying to update it?

as for your CC they are all installed in your dccache folder for sims3paks or your mod folder for packages have you review these files?
  • Options
    I was in CAS and was downloading Sims 3 store content from the Sims 3 store button at the bottom right and yeah, the game was on. My game maximized and it asked do you want to update your store content and I said yes. It took about a second and I when I went back into the game and my custom content wasn't there anymore. All the cc that I downloaded 1 or 2 days ago was there and my store content and towns were still there.
  • Options
    ok if i understand the one save file is missing CC but the content is still installed in the game unfortunately if this is the case i dont have a simple fix beside re-adding the content to that one game file
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    You mean uninstall it and take it and out then put it back in and install it again? I tried uninstalling it, but didn't take it out of the folder. Right now I am on my brother's computer which doesn't have Sims 3 on it, but I will try what you said later (hopefully really soon).
  • Options
    TheSimDion wrote: »
    You mean uninstall it and take it and out then put it back in and install it again? I tried uninstalling it, but didn't take it out of the folder. Right now I am on my brother's computer which doesn't have Sims 3 on it, but I will try what you said later (hopefully really soon).
    sorry :( i dont think i have right yet. if you have missing CC is it only in one game like it was on a lot but its no longer but if you open buy mode its still there. if its just no longer installed in the game at all then yes you will need to reinstall.
  • Options
    sorry, I have just one more question. When I uninstall do I have to delete any files that the CC made when it was uninstalling to fully uninstall it?
  • Options
    Nvm. I got it fixed