The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Acero Point Part Deux - jisgr8

jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
Update:

I was looking at my one modern lot and couldn't help but think how much it still needed work. Whipping out the nifty design tool I went to work and a few days later I finally finished :shock:. I got a lot of help from the people over there at fidlerten's lot showcase thread so I dedicate this new house to them :).

Here's the shiny new version called Acero Point REDUX (he says in a big booming voice)

ACRFront.jpg

The link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=917312

I replaced the default pics so you can see more of the house if you like. Read below for info on the old version and comparison shots.

Old Post:

Hey everyone,

I'm back with another build. I went contemporary this time around built a 2bd + 2ba.

It features a windowed pool, rock gardens, small gym, sunken kitchen, and a massive chandelier in the great room. I saw something like it once so I tried to recreate it. Another interesting thing is that I put the ground floor bathroom underneath the steps.

The lot is built in Sunset Valley on 180 Wright Way so it's best placed there or right next door unless you want the house on a big hill. You could use the CFE cheat if you want it on a flat lot, but you'll have a tough job moving all the objects back into place. I did it just to test and it is possible just not very fun.

Feedback will be very helpful b/c I'm not too experienced with modern designs interior or exterior especially with landscaping. I went minimalist and it would be great to hear if it looks good.

Pictures below. There are more if you click on the lot picture on this site.

Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=806239

J :)

Front view:

Screenshot-21.jpg

Back view:

Screenshot.jpg

Massive chandelier in great room:

Screenshot-18.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey J. :D

What a grand and beautiful place.
    It reminds me of my "Modern Boulevard 112" lot. :mrgreen:

Loved that ceiling lights idea.
    As usual, awesome. A rec. :wink:

~Light~
  • Options
    Allison1098Allison1098 Posts: 149 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I LOVE doing chandeliers like that.
    Nice job. (:
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    edited August 2009
    Oooooh I LOVE the living room! Especially the modern chandelier thing... though... it overall could use some mirrors! (lol... forgive me... I turned out to be a mirror fetishist)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    LightSide wrote:

~Light~

Thanks Light for the compliments. I wasn't sure about the reception for the chandelier. It seemed almost too much, but it's great to hear you liked it.

Do you mean Modern Boulevard 114 not 112? That lot is amazing if that is what you are talking about. thnx again

• Options
    buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    You got a big chandeiler there heheh.
    *looks up at ceiling*
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Asante: Thnx for replying. I'm glad you liked the chandelier and I agree, you can never have too many mirrors.

Allison 1098: Seems that the chandelier is catching on. Thnx for commenting.

buddychead: It's not small, that's for sure. I think it would cost over 10k too.

• Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited August 2009
    Very nice modern build. I like how you laid out the floorplan. Digging the sand garden in the back and the pops of lime green chairs along the balconies. Oh, and the chandlier is a great idea! :)
  • Options
    nessvanessva Posts: 168 New Member
    edited August 2009
    looks really cool! dl'd and rec'd :)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Anjubee: Great to hear from you and thanks for the complements. You noticed the green, it's my fav color. I just found your Doublemint Compound and gave it the rec it deserves, not just because it's green, but for the design :mrgreen:.

nessva: Thnx for the dl and rec, their appreciated. I hope you enjoy playing the lot.

• Options
    edited August 2009
    Any thoughts on the landscaping :?:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    jisgr8 wrote:
    Anjubee: Great to hear from you and thanks for the complements. You noticed the green, it's my fav color. I just found your Doublemint Compound and gave it the rec it deserves, not just because it's green, but for the design :mrgreen:.

:mrgreen:

Thank you for taking a look and the rec!

As for landscaping, now that I take another look.. I do like the bamboo, but maybe a few palm trees would help blend the lot in more with the surrounding land. That spot seems to have a lot of palm trees near by.
  • Options
    TnT_TJTnT_TJ Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2009
    Really nice design and layout, and one can't really ignore the massive chandelier :oD. Love it! Rec'd.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Anjubee: Thnx for the advice on the landscaping. I actually had more palms, but they kept getting in the way when I was taking pictures so I removed them :mrgreen:.

TnT_TJ: I appreciate the comments and rec.
  • Options
    LightSideLightSide Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited August 2009
    jisgr8 wrote:
    LightSide wrote:

~Light~

Thanks Light for the compliments. I wasn't sure about the reception for the chandelier. It seemed almost too much, but it's great to hear you liked it.

Do you mean Modern Boulevard 114 not 112? That lot is amazing if that is what you are talking about. thnx again

The lot does remind me of my Modern Boulevard "112"
    Its not here. But I named it. :P

It has 2 two story bedrooms. Here is a link to it.
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/LightSide93/downloads/details/category/sims3-lots-residential/title/Modern Boulevard 112/id/894363/

It will be around here soon hopefully.
    See you around. :wink:

~Light~
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    LightSide wrote:
    jisgr8 wrote:
    LightSide wrote:

~Light~

The lot does remind me of my Modern Boulevard "112"
    Its not here. But I named it. :P

It has 2 two story bedrooms. Here is a link to it.
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/LightSide93/downloads/details/category/sims3-lots-residential/title/Modern Boulevard 112/id/894363/

It will be around here soon hopefully.
    See you around. :wink:

~Light~

I see. It definitely has a resemblance especially with the squared off arch motif. I'll be looking for it in the future.

J :mrgreen:
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2009
    I really love it! it's awesome! Downloading, rec and favoriting
  • Options
    CaliforniaBoundCaliforniaBound Posts: 676 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I really really like this house, I like that it looks like it is "hanging" from the top braces, or like the grey trusses are like an exoskeleton. It looks very cool. Would make a great bachelor pad and has a great pool.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    geminiagre: The coveted appreciation trifecta. thnx x3 I'm flattered :mrgreen:

CaliforniaBound It's really cool that you noticed the gray skeletal design. I was going for something like a steel framework enveloping a glass internal structure. "Acero" is Spanish for steel. Thnx for commenting.
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Brilliant! Awesome use of architecture and some great interior design ideas - like the lights and also the deckings and balconies.

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    Tech2k9Tech2k9 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey Man, i was checking out the best lots of the day on the exchange, and i came across this.

Now i find your topic on the forum, and i want to say, Absolutely Great job on this lot.

I love modern lots and i downloaded it right away. One question though. What is the lot you built it on?

I was gonna use this in my next Legacy as the house i start in, and everytime i drop it down, it kills the lot.

So, if you could tell me what lot i should drop it on, that'd be great, thanks

~Tech2k9 :wink:
  • Options
    Tech2k9Tech2k9 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    B
    U
    M
    P
    I
    T
    Y

B
    U
    M
    P
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hi Tech2k9,

I was going to let jisgr8 answer this question, but since you're anxious and I know the answer, I'll help him out. =p This lot is best placed on 180 Wright Way in Sunset Valley. It is one of the cliff lots. :)

Enjoy!

Edit: He actually says this in his original post, silly!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Tech2k9 wrote:
    Hey Man, i was checking out the best lots of the day on the exchange, and i came across this.

Now i find your topic on the forum, and i want to say, Absolutely Great job on this lot.

I love modern lots and i downloaded it right away. One question though. What is the lot you built it on?

I was gonna use this in my next Legacy as the house i start in, and everytime i drop it down, it kills the lot.

So, if you could tell me what lot i should drop it on, that'd be great, thanks

~Tech2k9 :wink:

Hey Tech2k9,

Thnx for the comments and the dl. The lot was built on 180 Wright Way, but can also be placed on 120 because they both have cliffs.

By "kill" I guess you mean it raises the terrain a whole bunch if I'm not mistaken. It's such a drag when that happens, and I wish EA would fix this.

J :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Anjubee wrote:
    Hi Tech2k9,

I was going to let jisgr8 answer this question, but since you're anxious and I know the answer, I'll help him out. =p This lot is best placed on 180 Wright Way in Sunset Valley. It is one of the cliff lots. :)

Enjoy!

Edit: He actually says this in his original post, silly!

I must have missed your post Anjubee and answered right after you.

Darn, I was looking forward to being helpful too :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I think this is when one of us says... "JINX!" and then we aren't able to speak until someone says our name! :mrgreen: