Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those who play the Hidden Springs World...

What did you have happen to the Vanderburg family? I'm so curious and hope to have a lot of responses! :)

We know that they begin with the fact that their daughter (Francisca) ran away and you can play her on another lot. Also, when you play the family you can see that Catarina (the heir of the Vanderburg name) is a widow. Her husband died and his urn is in the house. She married Renauld probably not too long afterward. This is validated by the fact that Catarina's son (and Francisca's brother) Sebastian calls Renauld his Step-Father. Anyway, this family has an interesting story and let me tell you what I decided to have happen... Hee hee ;) Story time!

I actually first played as Francisca. I had her go off to college pursuing a Fine Arts Major. She got drunk a lot at the frat parties and still managed to keep up with her studying and passing the final exams with flying colors AND all the while developing a relationship between TWO guys that were just PERFECT for her! I honestly could not decide which one should be her boyfriend. The deal breaker was when one of the guys (the head of the frat house) revealed to her that he doesn't like Art and...with her being Artistic, that just wasn't going to work out. So, she decided to pursue a relationship with the other guy and they are now boyfriend and girlfriend. Now that the 1st term has ended she has returned home and is keeping in touch with him long distance. I plan to send her back for another term.

Now, going to playing as her parents and brother:

Well, when I first entered the lot, Catarina and Renauld were macking on each other like crazy in front of their son. "Okaaaay," I thought, "They really are in love aren't they?" ;) Seeing how big their house was I was thinking they should have a Butler, so I had them hire one. I was surprised when the Butler showed up and it was a woman. The first thing she said to Renauld when she walked through the door was "We have a lot in common, I would like to get to know you better." Hmm....this could get interesting. ;) I also saw that Renauld and Catarina are politicians, both Leaders of the Free World. "Oh, so they are politicians..." I thought, "This could REALLY get interesting." Lol! So, to get to the point, I had Renauld flirt with the lady Butler often. I tried to have him hide it from Catarina, but one day I was not so successful. The interesting this was, She got upset and even yelled at Renauld, however...she didn't accuse him of cheating and their relationship didn't plummet. That shocked me since stuff like that has ALWAYS happened on the Sims in the past just for simple flirting! I wonder if that was something they fixed in one of the updates. Anyway....

So, since Catarina was not very happy with the current situation, I had her FIRE the lady Butler. ("So Renauld wants to get frisky with the Butler eh? I know how to take care of that!") Well, that didn't stop Renauld from going out and seeing the lady Butler (whose name is Shanna Varney). They soon became romantically involved and Renauld now has a "Naughty Reputation." He's a politician, what do you expect? ;) One night, Renauld apologized to Catarina about his flirting and before they knew it they were in bed together, making out and woohooing. Renauld was quite proud of himself. ;) A few days after that Catarina discovers why she has been so sick the past few days......she is pregnant. She takes a long, tranquil bath and tries to figure out how she is going to break the news to Renauld. She's not stupid...she knows he is still seeing Shanna and possibly others. When he got home from work she just decided to let it out and...Renauld seemed happy with it. Catarina was thrilled and hoped this news would keep their marriage in tact. Well, that night Renauld asked Shanna to spend the night with him at the Redwood Heights Luxury Lodge and there they had some crazy Woo Hoo. Yup...right after he hears he's going to be a Father. Of his own flesh and blood. Shanna left the Lodge before Renauld woke up doing her stride of pride.

Meanwhile back at the Vanderburg household, Catarina is starting to show and has started buying baby stuff ("Man and I really ready for this? I'm like 45 years old...") And somehow is Sebastian is unaware of all the current events (I wish I could make him beat the crap out of Renauld!) because he is too involved with his job in the Police Force, being recently promoted to Lieutenant.

Back at the Lodge, Renauld wakes up, goes pee and takes a shower ("Gotta get the smell of Shanna and woo hoo off before I go back home!"). He does his stride of pride downstairs into the living area where he sees a very attractive Military woman sitting alone on one of the couches. "Well, well, well...I have some time," he thinks to himself so he goes over and introduces himself. The woman instantly recognizes him and was quite flattered at the flowers he gave her thanking her for her service to the Country. ("That was weird...coming from HIM!") Then Renauld proceeds to woo her and they begin flirting with each other. Feeling near starving, he asks her (Jessica Willow) out on a lunch date to the fancy Bistro. Yup, he's a dirty politician alright...

Word soon spreads and reaches Catarina. She is crushed. (Please keep in mind I am imagining this, she hasn't accused him of cheating yet). On Leisure Day she heads to the Hospital for some counseling. It is there that she goes into labor, while Renauld and Sebastian are in the middle of a hot dog eating contest at the festival grounds (yes, that actually happened in the game. Lol :) ). Renauld and Catarina welcomed their new daughter, Elsa, to the family. (I couldn't think of any names and my daughter happened to be watching Frozen at the time. Lol!). So that is where I am at in the game.

What do YOU think I should make happen next?? I would love to hear your input AND I would love to hear stories of what you did to the family as well. This is the funnest part of the Sims! :)

Thanks for reading.
52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cercatcercat Posts: 69 Member
    Hi,

Sounds like you are really having fun with this family. It was over two years ago that I played them. Several of the expansions, including University weren't out yet, so there weren't as many options. I don't remember all of the things I did or the names of some of the members of the family. They were a lot of fun to play.

I started with the main family. Catarina got pregnant & Renauld hired a butler. Of course, the butler was a woman and he began an affair. Catarina has a second son. Renauld moves the maid into a nice house & she has a daughter. Renauld visits often. He eventually moved in with the maid as things got rough at home. Catarina didn't object (due to rewards,) but Sabastian & Francisca did. He was still married to Catarina. Catarina hired a new (male) butler. This butler just did his job.

In the meantime, Sebastian has found his sister, Francisca and has got her to move back into the family home. He also has met his future wife, I think her name was Ella (she was from the Cinderella family in Hidden Springs). They marry and have 2 children.

The family had a vacation home in France. Francisca travelled there several times & met a local, who she married after returning to Hidden Springs. They moved to one of the houses just down the street.

Sebastian was on a business trip to France for his job(an opportunity.) As Ella was pregnant with their 3rd child, she did not go with him. On the return trip, the game glitched & I was unable to recover from it and lost the game.

I really enjoyed playing this family, probably about 2 months before the glitch. Until about 3-4 months ago I didn't even try Hidden Springs again and then it was a new family. There have been so many different things to try out that have kept me so busy in Sims 3. I still have a lot to do and explore. Someday I will probably replay this family, but, just not quite the same way.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,127 Member
    ^^Thanks for Sharing! :) Our stories sound a little bit the same when it comes to the Butlers! LOL! Loved it!

Anyone else?
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    I did play this family, thanks @emorrill and @cercat for sharing your stories! It's been awhile since I played them though, the link to their story is in my sig :) Sebastian did marry Ella, they have two children, Emmanuel and Eleanor. Renauld and Catarina had twin girls. Catarina tricked Renauld into getting her pregnant as to 'replace' her older daughter - they just didn't bargain for twins. One of the twin girls got involved with the oldest son of main family.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,127 Member
    Oooo! Thanks for sharing venusdemilosims! I look forward to reading about it! =D