Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAN'T FINISH MY PROMOTION ON THE PAINTING CAREER! HELP!

Hey guys, so first I just wanted to thank you all for helping me with my problems, thank you so much. Moving on, my sim is on the level 9 of the painting career (artist, wtv). And she has to do 10 art masterpieces, I had completed 5, it's really hard to do it, and when I came back I only had 3! I put her in all sorts of moods, she already mastered the painting skill, she paints thousands of paintings every day and it's always excelent quality and not masterpiece or how you say (I'm portuguese and my game is in portuguese so I don't know if the word is masterpiece there). Is this a bug or is my sim just really stupid? Please help

Comments

• Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Only thing I can tell you is that for some reason they don't paint Masterpieces as often when we get to that part of the job! :\
    That said I did finally get all of mine done by putting my sim in a room with a couple of the décor items for inspiration and had her needs all up. she took a thoughtful shower and went to painting. I found that the first one was usually excellent BUT she changed to confident mood, this is perfect. Then I had her paint the paintings she gets the most money for which is Classic, Realism and confident. She painted 2 Masterpieces out of the 3 paintings.
    I don't know which painting you have your sim paint the most but do believe those are what you want to paint to get Masterpieces.
    Hope you finally get your promotion! :)
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Do you have the most expensive easel? I think that helps. Also, be in the right mood like inspired when painting. It took me a little while to get to that level but I noticed my sim had easier time with certain categories of paintings then others so I only had him paint those. Good luck
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    I believe the ability to create masterpieces is enhanced by traits. I have a sim that is capable of creating multiple masterpieces in a day. He achieved level 10 in the painter career with no difficulty.

His traits are:

Creative (base trait)
    Muser (base trait)
    Art Lover (base trait)
    Gloomy (base trait)
    Creatively Gifted (from completing Artistic Prodigy aspiration)
    Expressionistic (from completing the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration)
    Creative Visionary (Rewards Store)
    Marketable (Rewards Store)

The reward store Creative Visionary trait directly acts as a multiplier on the number of masterpieces your sim creates. Probably the most important and first reward trait an artist should purchase.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hey guys, so first I just wanted to thank you all for helping me with my problems, thank you so much. Moving on, my sim is on the level 9 of the painting career (artist, wtv). And she has to do 10 art masterpieces, I had completed 5, it's really hard to do it, and when I came back I only had 3! I put her in all sorts of moods, she already mastered the painting skill, she paints thousands of paintings every day and it's always excelent quality and not masterpiece or how you say (I'm portuguese and my game is in portuguese so I don't know if the word is masterpiece there). Is this a bug or is my sim just really stupid? Please help

If you haven't already done so, get your Sim the Creative Visionary reward trait; it helps with both painting masterpieces and writing bestsellers for those in the Author career.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Similly7Similly7 Posts: 188 Member
    edited October 2014
    Im at the exact same spot as you, trying to get my 10 masterpieces with no luck. so annoyed.
    funny thing is, more than half of the small paintings on the wall are masterpieces, and so are some of the others on the walls behind her.
    suddenly she seems to not be able to create a masterpiece, no matter what she does..
    im so close to just give up on this career but its so frustrating cause iv gone thru all this already.
    im gonna try mess with her traits and see what happens.
    [img][/img]rfZgO9r.png?1

edit: @stilljustme2, youre my hero!
    i gave her the creative visionary trait and told her to paint a medium classic painting and its a masterpiece!
    the curse is broken B) ty so much.

edit2: OMG shes on fire!
    those 2 new medium paintings on the bottom are masterpieces, and so is a new small painting. (of bella?)
    OP, i think thats the answer to the problem. im a happy simmer again. :)
    [img][/img]w2yAIlx.png?1

Post edited by Similly7 on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Similly7 wrote: »
    Im at the exact same spot as you, trying to get my 10 masterpieces with no luck. so annoyed.
    funny thing is, more than half of the small paintings on the wall are masterpieces, and so are some of the others on the walls behind her.
    suddenly she seems to not be able to create a masterpiece, no matter what she does..
    im so close to just give up on this career but its so frustrating cause iv gone thru all this already.
    [img][/img]rfZgO9r.png?1

i gave her the creative visionary trait and told her to paint a medium classic painting and its a masterpiece!

those 2 new medium paintings on the bottom are masterpieces, and so is a new small painting. (of bella?)
    [img][/img]w2yAIlx.png?1

So, in other words you had to cheat by changing her traits? Then what is the point of this if other Sims can't reach this goal unless they have the same traits? Where is the individuality in this game? Out the window.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    [img][/img]rfZgO9r.png?1

[img][/img]w2yAIlx.png?1

So, in other words you had to cheat by changing her traits? Then what is the point of this if other Sims can't reach this goal unless they have the same traits? Where is the individuality in this game? Out the window.

Oh for plum's sakes, try reading up on something before you decry it as the 'wrst thing evah', the creative visionary trait is a REWARD TRAIT IE it can be purchased in game, it doesn't mean cheating at all, it just means what it has always meant... Painting a masterpiece is a VERY rare event, but after selecting that particular trait it becomes a lot less rare (and you are guaranteed to get at least one masterpiece shortly after choosing it).

raw
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    [img][/img]rfZgO9r.png?1

[img][/img]w2yAIlx.png?1

Oh for plum's sakes, try reading up on something before you decry it as the 'wrst thing evah', the creative visionary trait is a REWARD TRAIT IE it can be purchased in game, it doesn't mean cheating at all, it just means what it has always meant... Painting a masterpiece is a VERY rare event, but after selecting that particular trait it becomes a lot less rare (and you are guaranteed to get at least one masterpiece shortly after choosing it).

This.
  • Options
    Evil_One wrote: »
    [img][/img]rfZgO9r.png?1

[img][/img]w2yAIlx.png?1

Alright then, how did she change the trait? And just 'how' is this trait rewarded? And you both have said 'that' trait made the end game possible and not until, right?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    You "purchase" it with accumulated aspiration points, in a similar fashion to Sims 3.
  • Options
    MsPhy wrote: »
    You "purchase" it with accumulated aspiration points, in a similar fashion to Sims 3.

Yes, I know, but this was my point, the end game of succeeding on this one couldn't be done until an added trait or changed trait, therefore what I said still stands, individuality is out the window in this game, because any other Sim who doesn't purchase the reward will not be able to finish, if this is correct. And therefore, Sims start all becoming the same in that sense if you look at the broader picture.
  • Options

Yes, I know, but this was my point, the end game of succeeding on this one couldn't be done until an added trait or changed trait, therefore what I said still stands, individuality is out the window in this game, because any other Sim who doesn't purchase the reward will not be able to finish, if this is correct. And therefore, Sims start all becoming the same in that sense if you look at the broader picture.

Was this an issue for you in Sims 3, or is it only an issue now because we're talking about Sims 4?

A Sim can finish it without the reward, given enough time.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    This is always tricky but I almost always have a painter in the house, and been successful so...

The first thing to do is make sure you have the room right, good decor, inspirational decor and an Environment 10 painting on the wall. Also have a shower no more than a room away so you can go have quick 'thoughtful' showers. You should be rocking 'very inspired' emotion a lot of the time.

Second have the creative visionary trait as ppl have mentioned. I even get this before 'Steel Bladder' which incidently is also essential.

Third, on the best easel you have knock out SMALL paintings of the type you have completed most of. You are not interested in value at this point just quality so bang them out as fast as you can, and anecdotally I have noted more success with a painting type I have done a lot of.

That has worked for me, hope it helps... :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014

i really dont get your point at all, there are so many different reward traits, so if a few painter sims use this one trait in order to finish their career, they become "the same"? 0.o
    ok.

• Options

Was this an issue for you in Sims 3, or is it only an issue now because we're talking about Sims 4?

I think it's more an issue for me now, since traits I would like to give my Sims have to be earned and or purchased, where I think some if not all should have been available to me in CAS. All my Sims in the TS4 are starting to have the same traits since I don't like playing certain ones, however, I could use a bigger list to choose from as I'm sure many others would like that, too. Or more slots for traits. However, I don't like the aspirations setup as you know because if I do want my Sim to have a specific trait I would have to finish the aspiration to get it and I think they are too repetitive and too linear. So, I'm kind of stuck with the traits we get in CAS for the moment. So, I'm going to say more of a problem in TS4 for me, since TS3 did give me more slots and more choices. In this game they have to be earned more than any other if at all.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I think it's more an issue for me now, since traits I would like to give my Sims have to be earned and or purchased, where I think some if not all should have been available to me in CAS. All my Sims in the TS4 are starting to have the same traits since I don't like playing certain ones, however, I could use a bigger list to choose from as I'm sure many others would like that, too. Or more slots for traits. However, I don't like the aspirations setup as you know because if I do want my Sim to have a specific trait I would have to finish the aspiration to get it and I think they are too repetitive and too linear. So, I'm kind of stuck with the traits we get in CAS for the moment. So, I'm going to say more of a problem in TS4 for me, since TS3 did give me more slots and more choices. In this game they have to be earned more than any other if at all.

so what sims to be the problem? (see what i did there? eh? B) ) its even more realistic to me this way.
    you get to choose a few traits that are your "basic" traits, and the rest u acquire by focusing on different careers and hobby's.
    in real life our personality keeps changing as we go thrue different stages, different interests, different experiences
    and of course, ageing.
    it even makes it more challenging and interesting, IMO.

• Options

so what sims to be the problem? (see what i did there? eh? B) ), its even more realistic to me this way.
    you get to choose a few traits that are your "basic" traits, and the rest u aquire by focusing on different careers and hobby's.
    in real life our personality keeps changing as we go thrue different stages, different interests, and ageing.

Well, that's your play style not mine is probably what the problem is for me. lol, However, as noted by everyone who did answer this player wasn't able to finish this scenario unless she/he purchased the trait which made it happen, Even though MsPhy says it can be done without that trait all answers to the OP were to get the trait to finish the 'quest'. Fill the goal. And that did work for the OP, so it seems unless you have Sims you would prefer without this trait they aren't going to be able to finish this one without it. And then that all starts to lead down the path of no more individual Sims in the game if they all start becoming cookie cutter Sims. See the point?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    we dont know yet if it worked for the OP or not, we just know it worked for me.
    and maybe if i gave it more time i would be able to finish it without the trait, who knows? (i was close to giving up tho).

as i said, it seems only reasonable to me that my sim would have to go thru the entire painter career in order to achieve a new trait,
    which allows her to become more professional and create masterpieces easier.. she did go thru the entire thing, hasnt she?

and there are so many different traits to choose from, so no matter what u do - sims will most likely not be "the same".
    in the reward traits menu there are about 30 different traits, plus the original traits menu in CAS.
    this is a large variety to choose from, so i dont know why youd think they will all be the same eventually.
    lets just agree to disagree cause were obviouly not.. agreeing! :D
  • Options

so what sims to be the problem? (see what i did there? eh? B) ), its even more realistic to me this way.
    you get to choose a few traits that are your "basic" traits, and the rest u aquire by focusing on different careers and hobby's.
    in real life our personality keeps changing as we go thrue different stages, different interests, and ageing.

Well, that's your play style not mine is probably what the problem is for me. lol, However, as noted by everyone who did answer this player wasn't able to finish this scenario unless she/he purchased the trait which made it happen, Even though MsPhy says it can be done without that trait all answers to the OP were to get the trait to finish the 'quest'. Fill the goal. And that did work for the OP, so it seems unless you have Sims you would prefer without this trait they aren't going to be able to finish this one without it. And then that all starts to lead down the path of no more individual Sims in the game if they all start becoming cookie cutter Sims. See the point?

OP expressed frustration that it was taking so long. She asked for helping in speeding up the process. There were suggestions of moods and decor. There was also the suggestion of the reward trait. She gets to choose which suggestions will make her happy. Choice, we have it.

• Options
    we dont know yet if it worked for the OP or not, we just know it worked for me.
    and maybe if i gave it more time i would be able to finish it without the trait, who knows? (i was close to giving up tho).

as i said, it seems only reasonable to me that my sim would have to go thru the entire painter career in order to achieve a new trait,
    which allows her to become more professional and create masterpieces easier.. she did go thru the entire thing, hasnt she?

and there are so many different traits to choose from, so no matter what u do - sims will most likely not be "the same".
    in the reward traits menu there are about 30 different traits, plus the original traits menu in CAS.
    this is a large variety to choose from, so i dont know why youd think they will all be the same eventually.
    lets just agree to disagree cause were obviouly not.. agreeing! :D

What part of my earlier reply to MsPhy didn't you understand? I shouldn't have to complete aspirations to gain a new trait. I would prefer I pick and choose those in CAS, and or at birth. If I want to earn some more later those should be in hobbies, not some long run of aspirations I feel are too tedious, redundant, and not worth a Simmer's time. I mean we are supposed to be playing a life simulator aren't we? Not a game that says do this fifteen times so you can level up to do it fifteen more times, to level up so you can get this trait over here. Yes, that is exaggerated but that is what I feel about the aspirations and since trait rewards are locked to those and I'm not going to do them and neither are over half the players here, then wouldn't a better system have been better to let players choose these in CAS and or at birth, or birthdays and or while doing hobbies? No chores, hobbies the Sim finds fun in doing? This way it's a grind fest to even gain one more.
  • Options
    SelenaGrey wrote: »

OP expressed frustration that it was taking so long. She asked for helping in speeding up the process. There were suggestions of moods and decor. There was also the suggestion of the reward trait. She gets to choose which suggestions will make her happy. Choice, we have it.
    Applause-harry-potter.gif

Please your childish behavior anytime I say anything about aspirations and how we get to pick traits is so childish anymore. Not worth me even responding anymore actually. But you do know how to bait people don't you? lol
  • Options
    wow.. hostile much?
    maybe a lil break from the game\forum is needed.
    just sayin.
  • Options
    wow.. hostile much?
    maybe a lil break from the game\forum is needed.
    just sayin.

You are not aware of the trolling so I will give you a pass and allow you to say that to me. lol joking, but in truth you aren't familiar with the long history here.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Cinebar why do you make everyone's thread an argument? I don't think that is what the OP was after, all she was wanting was help on getting a promotion not a discourse of all the things you hate about the game. You are starting to be what you accused SlenaGrey of being. You accused her of being all sunshine and rainbows and here you are all doom and gloom on any post you can. Opinions are great but hearing them over and over is getting kinda old. "We get it already OK!"
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Cinebar why do you make everyone's thread an argument? I don't think that is what the OP was after, all she was wanting was help on getting a promotion not a discourse of all the things you hate about the game. You are starting to be what you accused SlenaGrey of being. You accused her of being all sunshine and rainbows and here you are all doom and gloom on any post you can. Opinions are great but hearing them over and over is getting kinda old. "We get it already OK!"

I think its a case of people over reacting over things. Cinebar made a valid point that to be able to complete this that it seems you need to 'buy' an additional trait in order for it to be achieved in a timely fashion. Others came in and jumped on her for just for making that point on a 'we know you from other threads' fashion.
    They could have remembered that saying 'if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all' Unnecessary whichever side you are on.
    It may have been negative but you dont need to pay attention.