Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cherry Trees

I found a cherry tree in Sylvan glades but the thing died before I got to harvest it.
I have found another but it is only very small, more like a bush size. Will this grow into a fully harvestable tree and how long will it take to grow?
Its the only plant I need.

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I found a cherry tree somewhere ..... in back of the Spencer-Kim-Lewis house, maybe? Anyway, that doesn't answer the question but it gives you an alternative.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    They tend to regen in a few Sim days.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    kturner1015kturner1015 Posts: 245 Member
    There is a cherry tree in the backyard of the Langraab mansion in Oasis Springs - only problem Ive encountered with it: I had my Sim view it so start the growth process so I can come back and harvest it. She went back 2 days later and it's still a tiny little plant. I had her view it again for good measure, but I'm pretty sure it should have been a tree by then... oh well. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Whild cherry trees in my game tend to grow around Affluifta mansion.
  • Options
    zarazitasimszarazitasims Posts: 222 Member
    I read that it takes 60 hours for a cherry tree to grow. This might sound a daft question but , 60 hours of gameplay, not 60 hours in a sims life?
  • Options
    Kobi_MeisterKobi_Meister Posts: 30 Member
    I wasn't paying attention to how long my cherry tree took to grow however it felt like it didn't take too long as I will go and "tend the garden" each day in addition to making sure it receives fertilizer whenever it needs it.
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    I read that it takes 60 hours for a cherry tree to grow. This might sound a daft question but , 60 hours of gameplay, not 60 hours in a sims life?

That's 60 sim hours, not gameplay. What I noticed is that each time you visit an area of the neighborhood for the first time, the plants are all in that first growing stage. If you hang around that area for a while they will get to be full size. I didn't time the cherry tree, but most other plants I've seen grow from starting to full size within about 2-3 sim days. A few are faster than that.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    My sim family moved to Oasis Spring Springscape. That neighborhood has 4 Cherry trees(one right behind the house). Actually Cherry is the only fruit tree in this hood. There is one of them is always harvestable, haven't went out and not had one or two I couldn't harvest from. Could be because they jog everyday and pass the trees which activates them :)
  • Options
    zarazitasimszarazitasims Posts: 222 Member
    I found a cherry tree and then I took a cutting as it wasn't harvestable. I grafted it to an apple tree and that tree grew apples and cherries. I am now happily growing a cherry tree. :D
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    Does a Sim have to own one of the lots? I've been to every single lot that Carl's, SimsVIP and this forum states to go to in order to find cherry trees, and there isn't a single cherry tree in my game. The planter boxes are empty. I found the lemon tree, but not the pear and not the cherry. They just don't exist. I have the most recent update, too.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    No one has to own the lot. I think the one at the Landgraab mansion is off to the right of the screen toward the back of the lot, by the rocks.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    Found it! It's really, really small so I didn't see it! Thanks!
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @ zarazitasims When I graft a cherry to and apple tree I get pomegranates. The tree produces apples, cherries and pomegranates.
  • Options
    PaulHagerPaulHager Posts: 221 Member
    I found a cherry tree and then I took a cutting as it wasn't harvestable. I grafted it to an apple tree and that tree grew apples and cherries. I am now happily growing a cherry tree. :D

You've stated the best approach, though it is necessary to have the gardening skill high enough to perform grafts. The nice thing about this approach is that once a plant has reached the "Magnificent" level, the graft will produce a Magnificent level fruit/vegetable.
  • Options
    Miaboo0205Miaboo0205 Posts: 2 New Member
    in windenburg in front of dominics house
  • Options
    Miaboo0205Miaboo0205 Posts: 2 New Member
    The house in front of dominics
  • Options
    gonnigonni Posts: 1 New Member
    I couldn't find cherry trees anywhere. But i have just found a bundle of trees in windenburg behind an empty lot.
  • Options
    splevan387splevan387 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have been searching for a cherry tree since friday march 25th and i still could not find one. Can anyone help, ihave looked everywhere on each town
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    splevan387 wrote: »
    I have been searching for a cherry tree since friday march 25th and i still could not find one. Can anyone help, ihave looked everywhere on each town

There's a cherry tree by the tiny park place in Oasis Springs. It's in the neighborhood where the "Roomies" household is, closest to the Springscape lot. I got mine from there :)
    86eae1c2d7def61f97767d517f333b30.png
  • Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    I found a cherry tree in the park. Harvested it and planted one in my garden to grow more cherries.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options
    splevan387splevan387 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Cement said:
    > splevan387 wrote: »
    >
    > I have been searching for a cherry tree since friday march 25th and i still could not find one. Can anyone help, ihave looked everywhere on each town
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's a cherry tree by the tiny park place in Oasis Springs. It's in the neighborhood where the "Roomies" household is, closest to the Springscape lot. I got mine from there :)

I have looked there all i can find are those silly grow fruit trees everywhere. This is so bizarre, i look where everyone else looks and there usno cherry tree
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    > @Cement said:
    >
    > I have been searching for a cherry tree since friday march 25th and i still could not find one. Can anyone help, ihave looked everywhere on each town
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's a cherry tree by the tiny park place in Oasis Springs. It's in the neighborhood where the "Roomies" household is, closest to the Springscape lot. I got mine from there :)

I have looked there all i can find are those silly grow fruit trees everywhere. This is so bizarre, i look where everyone else looks and there usno cherry tree

Hello @splevan387
    Try going to Sylvan Glade and see if a cherry tree may be there.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    > @Cement said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hello @splevan387
    Try going to Sylvan Glade and see if a cherry tree may be there.

Great point! I think at Sylvan Glade, the trees change and it's either a cherry tree or a pear tree. Springscape in Oasis Springs is always cherry :relaxed:
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Issue with Springscape Cherry tree as well...

Cherry_tree_no_more.jpg
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

The Cherry Tree behind the Landgraab Mansion IS still a cherry tree. :smile:

Cherry_Tree_behind_Landgraab_mansion.jpg