Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbow Skin Tones

Skin tones not overlays found here

tumblr_ncq9axWGsq1tlt7gpo1_1280.jpg
Origin ID: CrazyMammoth
http://crazymammoth.tumblr.com/

Comments

• Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    It's awesome that you put the dots on the swatches, a lot easier to tell what is custom.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    crazymammothcrazymammoth Posts: 238 Member
    just to be clear the dots are only on that photo for reference in game there are no dots

I only have access to the swatch color code so cant upload any custom swatches for the skin tones
  • Options
    374Coop374Coop Posts: 38 Member
    NICE! Any chance you could do a white or almost white skin (really pale gothy Dita Von Teese kinda thing)
    For the Liz Tarry Sim just search the CAS Gallery for #College #Remix
  • Options
    Snaitf0Snaitf0 Posts: 53 Member
    Well done, CM, they look great.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited October 2014
    Another vote for white/really pale, just nabbed these to introduce them, to my new family (starting again due to preggo with normal woohoo bug - so many kids!).

edit - The skintones work great in my game, thanks so much!
    Post edited by jeepjeepcat on
  • Options
    374Coop wrote: »
    NICE! Any chance you could do a white or almost white skin (really pale gothy Dita Von Teese kinda thing)

Do you mean like this?
    dita-von-teese-88399.jpg

I can try... making a pale skin might be difficult, I could easily make it Black and White but then we'd loose that subtle pink thats still there

Edit ok thats odd the forum never pasted this post...
    anyway after some testing I've come across a small snag

Ch18JjB.jpg
    on the Left is the default lightest skin tone on the right is my try at pale both sides are wearing the same makeup yet on the pale one its all faded.... I have no clue how to fix this but if your happy to just have a pale sim with faded make-up I'll finish the package and upload it

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Skin tones not overlays found here

tumblr_ncq9axWGsq1tlt7gpo1_1280.jpg

Yippie. Thanks so much. I love colorful skintones.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    374Coop374Coop Posts: 38 Member
    I dunno about anyone else but I'd use it. Better than an overlay even if the makeup fades out similarly. Nice work :)
    For the Liz Tarry Sim just search the CAS Gallery for #College #Remix
  • Options
    trold123trold123 Posts: 23 Member
    I downloaded these cause they were on my wishinglist and they work perfect in CAS but sadly not in game. I am on the new patch.

You can place the household but that's it. You can hear the "standard music" that is normally played when your household is loaded but the loading screen do not dissappear. It is loading the household forever (= it never enter the game). I have tested and it makes no difference if you use one or more of the skins in a household. I tried with Snaitf Yellow Skin and it loads. I took Snaitf Yellow Skin out in case there were a conflict, but it didn't help.

The only mods I have in besides you skin are cmar default female skin as well as her special male acc and Snaitf special outfits (the last two mentioned not to be named in here).

I just realized that I need to test one more thing. Be right back.
  • Options
    So I am back. Cleared my cache. Started a new game. Didn't help. Still the same. :'(

When I used Snaitf's Yellow Skin it loaded in seconds. When I try to load a sim with your skin it keeps loading, at least so it seems. Twice I left it loading and after 25 minutes it was still hanging, so I gave up and shut down the game. The blue line around the plumbob keeps moving, but if you keep an eye on the message text under the plumbob you will see that it seems go into a loop (repeating it self over and over and over again). I tried with different colours but they all act the same way after being placed.

Could it be a conflict with the skintones the new spooky sims from EA uses?
  • Options
    Yea CM, I can confirm, the patch makes your skins bork the game. I'll have a look at them tomorrow, maybe I can help you figure out what's going on.
  • Options
    That's what it is! I had the reduced townie generating mod bug and thought the CaS thing was the same bug. I hope you get it figured out the skins are lovely.
  • Options
    well that is indeed troubling coming from multiple players

I personally have yet to make a rainbow family but i'll test it out

I have tested the purple skin solo and it loaded fine for me but I'll try the others out
  • Options
    Well sad to say the issue isn't on my end, so this will be hard to troubleshoot
    just made a family using all 6 colors...

qqyHgwL.png

and it loaded just fine withing 20 seconds and I play on a 5 year old gaming laptop with sim details set to very high

so the issue is:
    1: on your end
    2: with the upload itself
    or
    3: the compression i used on the files before upload broke something

:\
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I wish I had tested these before the patch, to see if that's what IS the cause. But, yea, I've even tried removing all CC and mods, except your skins, and it works fine, right up until I try to load my household, then the game hangs on the loading screen, just like trold. It's weird that they work for you, and not us. This is probably a dumb question, but you do have the latest patch installed right, 10/01/2014, the one that added ghosts?
  • Options
    Yea i have the patch and i've re-uploaded the file as 1 package to see if the RAR compression i used broke something

can be found here
  • Options
    Ok, I'm pretty sure I figured out what's wrong, and I don't think it had anything to do with the patch after-all. I noticed that when looking at your packages in s4pe, the in-game textures (type 0x3453CF95) were not showing up in the preview pane, instead it shows an error. It looks as though you imported them into you packages as a file, rather than as a DDS. When exporting the original, you need to export it as a package file, so it stays a DDS, then open that package and export the texture choosing Export as DDS (not export as file), and then do the same thing when you re-import them (you can't just drag-and-drop, you need to right-click the original and choose Import from DDS) Anyhow, I've taken the liberty of fixing your packages for you, and they work fine in my game now.

Here are the fixed skin tones: filedropper.com/crazymammothskintones
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yea that would be about what i did but only because I have no Export/Import as DDS option I've looked all over S4PE and I cant get it to pop up even just updated the program still no option for me

but even so why does it work for me even with the error
  • Options
    :D Yeah...

CM: First I downloaded new merged pack, but that didn't make a difference. Thanks for trying to fix it thoug. It is understandable that it is hard to solve a problem you don't have at your end.

Snaitf: Then I downloaded the fix you made and now they are working in my game too. Thank you so much.

To both: <3 we can have nd skin tones and "real rainbow" sims. So thanks again.
  • Options
    Sorry. To both: Thanks for the nd's and "real rainbow" sims.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    > @crazymammoth said:
    > Yea that would be about what i did but only because I have no Export/Import as DDS option I've looked all over S4PE and I cant get it to pop up even just updated the program still no option for me
    >
    > but even so why does it work for me even with the error

The only way you can Import as DDS, is when there is already a file in the package that is a correct format DDS. That's why you need to export the original texture as a new package, and not a file, so that it remains the same format (if you pick an existing package when you do this, it will insert the file into the package with the same format). That way, the texture can be exported/imported as DDS (find that by right-clicking the file in s4pe)

As to why that format works for you, and not us, I have absolutely no clue. I couldn't find any other differences between yours and mine. *shrugs*
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yea it baffles me too, If there is an error it shouldn't work for me, yet it does and it turn I end up looking like an 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lol
  • Options
    Just popped the new ones off dropbox in to see and the game is working fine, I added a blue skinned lady to the Caliente household to see if they worked and no problem. It's odd they work okay for you but with others cause issues, don't know how you're supposed to trouble shoot them if they were working fine for you! :smile:
  • Options
    don't know how you're supposed to trouble shoot them if they were working fine for you! :smile:

yea I'd rather get the error so I'd know something was wrong, but no my laptop will run errors no problem it seems... :| lol

but the error has been corrected
  • Options
    NameaNamea Posts: 1 New Member
    I hate to say it but even the "fixed" version isn't working on my end.