Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delete sim from a household - how?

JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
The question is clear.
How do I delete sim.
Not how do I move sim, split sim, merge sim or combine, or... I don't want to know about anything that's not permanent delete.
How do I delete one sim from my household and leave others?

I've asked this a few times, every time people came with move/split solution. But there is a way to delete sim, not to move out. With moving out I get another pestering lunatic that's several times a day knocking on my door.
So? Anyone knows?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Split -> new household -> open that new (homeless) household -> delete it
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Selena is the first person on this forum who finally gave the proper answer.

Here's the pic how it looks for those who plan to answer again with moving/splitting complicating things if a question is "how to delete" not how to move:

delete.jpg
  • Options
    kjtrammelkjtrammel Posts: 28 Member
    Thank you. Tired of the twins.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I wonder if the easy ability to delete Sims might be a "benefit" of no family trees -- if we get family trees will that mess up the game if we delete a Sim in our household? I remember in Sims 3 that deleting a Sim could actually corrupt a save unless you used something like Total Annihilation in the NRaas Master Controller mod, which wiped all traces of the Sims existence from the game (I used it on annoying paparazzi all the time when they came into my garden >:) ). What will happen to the family tree if we delete an annoying child or a cheating spouse? :o
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    XxDuhastxXXxDuhastxX Posts: 4 New Member
    thank you for this post it was very helpful
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yeah I've done that before when Get To Work came out. I could not stand having alien babies. Well, not even human kids, I can only handle one per household and I once had triplets.
  • Options
    AprilsFiresAprilsFires Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't get mine to do it. I made this SIM and made him by accident husband to my other SIM. So I want to delete him but the litte x isn't on my screen
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I can't get mine to do it. I made this SIM and made him by accident husband to my other SIM. So I want to delete him but the litte x isn't on my screen

Hello
    If you are having issues deleting the sim that way, go to manage households and click on your sims family. Move the sim that you want to delete into their own household. Then delete this new household.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I always clone Malcolm landgrabb?? think I have the name right. He is made with an evil trait so I clone him and give the parents the son they should have and delete the original doing just as been stated.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Grow a cow plant and let it eat him!
  • Options
    sarah5845sarah5845 Posts: 1 New Member
    So I deleted a sim the way you described from the household screen but somehow she's still there. I can't see her and she doesn't show up on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen. But I can hear her singing in the house (like a ghost but nothing's visible). Anyone know how to fix this? She's getting super annoying.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2016
    sarah5845 wrote: »
    So I deleted a sim the way you described from the household screen but somehow she's still there. I can't see her and she doesn't show up on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen. But I can hear her singing in the house (like a ghost but nothing's visible). Anyone know how to fix this? She's getting super annoying.

Hello @sarah5845
    Try coming completely out of the game. Then go back in again, and see if the singing remains.

Also, welcome to the forums! :) Just a little information.You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

• Options
    Ysil69Ysil69 Posts: 3 New Member
    Seeing as this thread is answered, I don't feel too bad about high jacking it. So stupid we need points to actually create a topic.

It does tie in with deleting things though. Does anyone know how to delete the streetlights in the town section? I've been trying to look for a mod or texture replacer for it but everything seems to be sims 3.