Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't get a promotion

That's so strange. I always have their daily task done and all the skills the career requires up. In addition to that the career level bar is "super green" but whenever they come back from work they won't get a promotion! Is this a bug or it was made intentionally to make things more challenging?
Anyone has having this problem?

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited September 2014
    I haven't had the issue you speak of. Once I do ALL of the required goals for a career advancement and have the bar all the way full, they get promoted. Have had 3 sims top their careers so far.

Are you sure you have ALL of the goals completed? Sometimes it fills more than just what shows and you need to scroll down (or make the career panel bigger) to see the bottom ones. You need to complete every single thing in the list below the green progress bar to get promoted.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Andrea91Andrea91 Posts: 134 Member
    @Stormkeep Yes, I'm pretty sure the goals are all completed but I didn't try to scroll down to see if there are bottom ones. I'll let you know, thanks for the answer!
  • Options
    Are you sure you're looking at career goals and not aspiration goals? They look so similar and I get them mixed up too sometimes.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Can you tell me what that career is so maybe I can help?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @briannamichelle000 Yes, I'm sure. I've been focused on the career panel lately so I'm sure of that.

@DeKay Culinary career. My sim got stuck at level 5
  • Options
    Andrea91 wrote: »
    @briannamichelle000 Yes, I'm sure. I've been focused on the career panel lately so I'm sure of that.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    @DeKay Culinary career. My sim got stuck at level 5

Okay, I'll look at it for you.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2014
    If you look at the career panel, it will tell you the suggested mood your sim should be in when going to work. I think it is inspired for culinary. Maybe try sending your sim to work with that mood.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Aside from mood, like the info tip says, daily tasks makes a difference too.
  • Options
    henris2011henris2011 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, I had the same problem with Special Agent career. I did all the tasks, and even went with recommended mood, and nothing! I tried 6 times, and after that I realised that it's a bug, so I had to quit job and start all over again. Now she is at level 9, and I hope she will reach the top.
    I think I saw a cheat, so you don't need to quit job.
  • Options
    @nuara8673 I always make every effort to send my sims at work with the mood required but nothing happens anyway.
    henris2011 wrote: »
    Hi, I had the same problem with Special Agent career. I did all the tasks, and even went with recommended mood, and nothing! I tried 6 times, and after that I realised that it's a bug, so I had to quit job and start all over again. Now she is at level 9, and I hope she will reach the top. <br />
    I think I saw a cheat, so you don't need to quit job.

Oh no! It took me lots of time to reach those levels that I don't feel like starting the careers over again! :(
    I hope the Gurus know about this bug so they can fix it. Maybe we should warn them in the "Ask a SimGuru" thread?
  • Options
    @Andrea91 : Yeah, I just played with my sim and he did get promoted. Maybe it's a bug then. Try getting your sim to finish the daily task over the 4 day off break and then get him inspired before work. And when he's at work for the last few hours, get him to 'work hard' by clicking on the logo in his profile pic (or whatever you call it LOL).
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Hello!

I had that a couple of times in both the culinary and writing career. Almost like the game didn't want me to move up to fast. :\
    Took forever to get all of the task boxes to get their gold checkmark but usually when they did my sims leveled up. I did notice that level 5 in culinary was a little longer and thought it was because you get to pick your branch when reached. Hang in there! ;)
  • Options
    @Terrylin My sims got all their gold checkmark, had their daily task completed plus they go to work in mood but nope, they won't get promoted. That's why I think it's a bug. I noticed that even in the entertainer career so I guess it doesn't concern a career in particular but every career.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Andrea91 wrote: »
    @Terrylin My sims got all their gold checkmark, had their daily task completed plus they go to work in mood but nope, they won't get promoted. That's why I think it's a bug. I noticed that even in the entertainer career so I guess it doesn't concern a career in particular but every career.

Sounds like it could very well be a bug. :\ Maybe if you move them out and back in or to another house if it will reset them and they will get promoted. You could try that. Only thing I can think of to help!

• Options
    berlyn11berlyn11 Posts: 11 New Member
    i'm going through the same thing (in a get to work doctor career) and i suggest entering the cheat:

Testingcheats true

and then right click you're sim and click reset, see if that works
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    berlyn11 wrote: »
    i'm going through the same thing (in a get to work doctor career) and i suggest entering the cheat:

Testingcheats true

and then right click you're sim and click reset, see if that works

tumblr_me61d3z4as1ryzemc.gif
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Are the Simmers that can't get promoted using any mods or CC? I had no promotions and many other problems or bugs until I took out all the mods and CC. I have a vanilla now and I do not have any problems except the inventory bug.
  • Options
    Mana94Mana94 Posts: 118 Member
    i'm having the same trouble with the criminal career. no more promotions from level 5. but everytime she comes back from work she has a " tense from work" moodlet with a picture of a lounger and an umbrella. i have the outdoor retreat game pack so i'm thinking maybe she needs a vacation? anyone know anything about this?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    I've been having hard time getting promoted too with painter, criminal and was there someone else too? Make sure your sim doesn't have tense or uncomfortable moodlets at the end of the work day!

@Mana94 I think that when the moodlet says your sim is in need of a vacation, you can just have a day off and that will do it... I don't have OR and I got that moodlet on my sim every day until I allowed her a day off. Playing other households and then returning does not help.
  • Options
    Mana94Mana94 Posts: 118 Member
    > @luimistelija

so you mean i just have to call and take a day off? i don't have to go on a vacation or anything? i can just stay home?
  • Options
    CriticElleErrorCriticElleError Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Andrea91 said:
    > That's so strange. I always have their daily task done and all the skills the career requires up. In addition to that the career level bar is "super green" but whenever they come back from work they won't get a promotion! Is this a bug or it was made intentionally to make things more challenging?
    > Anyone has having this problem?

I was having this same problem! For 2 days I've been stuck on Sue Chef and I was just about to give up on her completely! Then I had an idea. I went into the gift section and bought the Entrepreneurial Reward! I finished my Daily Task and went to work. BOOM! Came back promoted! So if you have enough Reward Points for your sim I say go for it!