Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Sims 3 or 4 play on a computer that has integrated Intel HD graphics?

Will Sims 3 or 4 play on a computer that has Core i5-3330 Quad 3.00GHz, 8GB ram,Integrated Intel HD Graphics?

Comments

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,672 Member
    Both 3 and 4 play well on my old laptop with IntelHD 3000
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Ts3 might have a few issues.. ts4 will play but do not expect great performance.. and low graphics.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Will Sims 3 or 4 play on a computer that has Core i5-3330 Quad 3.00GHz, 8GB ram,Integrated Intel HD Graphics?

I think The Sims 3 will work on Intel HD Graphics at least on Medium settings. I think The Sims 4 also works on it and there's a laptop mode in the options that can help you if you're on a laptop.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    peppapig1993peppapig1993 Posts: 243 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm currently playing Sims 4 on a i5 dual core processor and Intel HD 3000 graphics. On lowest settings I get quite smooth gameplay, but obviously compromising on the aesthetics! Hoping to upgrade in a couple of months to a better laptop just for gaming so I can play on high-ultra settings. Intel HD graphics will work okay but only okay.

edit: I managed to play up to medium settings with a good fps rate with sim details on high in sims 3.
    Origin ID: zobosims
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    What scares me is those kinda graphics cards... The game will play, but it would be on the lowest of low settings.
  • Options
    sarka597sarka597 Posts: 70 Member
    intel HD graphics works great with sims 3 just no pets or ambitions expansion packs they r not supported ..sims4 works good too on medium settings
  • Options
    Mine plays on medium settings too, and I have Ambitions and Seasons.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Wpardue77Wpardue77 Posts: 129 Member
    On low settings I have trouble seeing the nibbles on my female character
  • Options
    i have sims detail on high
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »

i tried ambitions and pets the game kept crashing so i asked why they all told me pets is not supported by intel HD :( so did ambitons
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sarka597 wrote: »
    February11 wrote: »

i tried ambitions and pets the game kept crashing so i asked why they all told me pets is not supported by intel HD :( so did ambitons

I'm beginning to think it's totally down to each and every individual computer and what you've installed. Sims3 fried my first one, but that one was a real cheapy, the second one which is the one I'm talking about I've not had a problem with, and now my new one s better again. Crazy!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    As long as it meets the 128 MB requirement of dedicated and not shared in Sims 3. Keep in mind even if you get it to run even with the video ram below 128 mb, your game runs the risk of having more glitches than usual and gradually starts to degrade. Glitches and bugs are not one and the same, Glitches can occur if one or more of your specs are below the minimum and they are hard to duplicate whereas bugs are written in the program and can occur by certain actions or at a certain point.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    Not a fan of those sort of graphics cards, it would serve you better to look for a better card, as it could only play medium at best.

I use an nvidia gtx 660ti, I can run ts4 along with other games on the market on ultra settings, so I recommend that or something along the same lines.
  • Options
    GwaltGwalt Posts: 5 New Member
    It will run but don't expect the best in performance and you may have to fine tune graphics settings for optimal gameplay experience
  • Options
    CharlyJGSCharlyJGS Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, I play without my graphic card (nvidia geforce gt 240, broken, so my pc run with the motherboard graphics, and it's so bad as you know)

But i can play very well with this configuration:

i.gyazo.com/a307f4775bb18761c5948dc27caa0901.png (This is an image, copy and paste in another window)

Alto = High
    Muy alto= Very high
    Medio=Medium
    Bajo=Low
    Ventana completa=full window (it's to minimize the game faster, you can aslo try full screen)

My pc is a wooden pc, and i got very nice graphics, try it, good luck

sorry for my bad english, i hope i've helped you :p
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @VaporLove333 are you shopping for a new system or are you trying to see if your current computer can run the games?

if its your current computer see this info about onboard graphic chips
    http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Onboard_Graphics

if you are shopping for a new system what is your budget? it is a good investment to get a proper dedicated card,
  • Options
    chloeazule91chloeazule91 Posts: 105 Member
    I would say yes. I have an old laptop with an integrated Intel chipset and Sims 3 and 4 run. Albeit I have to use pretty low settings and the games (especially Sims 4) can't handle too much graphics-wise. Sims 3 can't handle more than a couple EPs for me, and Sims 4 is playable but lags even just on a larger household.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Yes, it works for me but all settings are on low, but it doesn't bother me much.
  • Options
    ASHbec93ASHbec93 Posts: 20 New Member
    Those are the perfect requirments according to the website to turn sims on