Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Points?

Hi, I have a question about these new forums. (might be a stupid one :P)

On your profile it says you have a number of points. They increase everytime I'm on the forums. What's it for? And where do they come from?
tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    It's part of the membership system. If you have over 50 you are a member and can post images and links. Under 50 and you are a new member and can't.

You get them based on things like badges and likes.
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    Celiria wrote: »
    It's part of the membership system. If you have over 50 you are a member and can post images and links. Under 50 and you are a new member and can't.

You get them based on things like badges and likes.

Ah! Thanks ;)
  • Options
    FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    I know you get a point if someone Likes or LOLs one of your posts. It doesn't seem to me you get points for posting, perhaps for visits but I never log out so I wouldn't know. I think you get bonus points for earning forum badges. I do know you need 50 points to graduate from "New Member" to "Member".
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    I just wonder what'll happen if you get way past 50. Say 1000 points? :\
  • Options
    CalvinBruce_ukCalvinBruce_uk Posts: 576 Member
    If you click on the Activity tab up the top there you can see the points leaderboard.

Theres already a few 1000+ :o
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    @Celiria Thanks for explaining that. I've been lurking for a bit and wondered what people meant by being a "full member" or not. I guess I need to start posting to get my points-count up.