The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

for those responsible for the maintenance of the pages of EA: rephrase again my request for help

DianamaDianama Posts: 151 Member
I spoke with Advisor in Chat, "EA Help"
wrote this:
Please understand that we at Chat Support are unable to fix in game issues like the one you are facing, so you would need to post it on forums.
I posted my request for help several times, without any response.
rephrase once again here to my request for help:

the problem is still the same, I can not utilize my studio sims 3, because I get a message that says: you have reached your quota, go to your studio and eliminates some items .. and this very strange, because I only have 270 items in my studio, while others have more than 3000 items. almost a month now and I have this problem. What should I do?
Post edited by Dianama on

Comments

• Options
    still no answer?
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Well, I think it kinda depends on how large your upload files are.
    Creations with CC attached to them usually takes up a lot more space.

I think everyone has the same amount of space to use.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I went to your studio and noticed that each of your sims on the first page takes up a lot of space (between 30-73MB!)
    And that is indeed a lot of space. My simmies (which are usually uploaded without CC) only takes up around 1MB of space
    each. So there you have it. It's most likely about the amount of used space in your case. I hope this helps :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hello Mansson,
    Meanwhile, thank you for your intervention.
    I have visited many studies of other people, who have the creations of the same size and have over 1000 in their study.
    and I do not think my problem not depends the size, most of my sim size does not exceed 40, 45 megs, taking into account that I have many under 35 megs.
    the problem occurred, and was created when the new site.
    having said that, I wanted to know where is it written that there is a limit, how many megabits you need to have available?
    also the strange thing, I deleted a lot of articles, but the number of my creations is always 285

P.S. I apologize, it is very difficult to explain the issue in English
    thank you
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    You've already created (and bumped a million times) threads on this before. I don't know what you expect the people who read this forum to do. Your sizes of your files, as Mannsom mentioned, very well could be the culprit. I know people who have 3k files in their uploads as well, but many of them are small objects, patterns, and other items that do not take up a lot of space. Try deleting some items and uploading your newest creations. These limits are imposed so one user doesn't flood the exchange with a million creations- keep it fresh and your fan base will thank you :)
  • Options
    Dianama wrote: »
    Hello Mansson,
    Meanwhile, thank you for your intervention.
    I have visited many studies of other people, who have the creations of the same size and have over 1000 in their study.
    and I do not think my problem not depends the size, most of my sim size does not exceed 40, 45 megs, taking into account that I have many under 35 megs. the problem occurred, and was created when the new site.
    Well that is very strange. The few simmers I have seen with that many creations in their studios has mostly been small objects
    like MinDtriKz mentioned. I don't know if they changed something when they opened this site, I guess it's possible but I still think
    the problem in your case is the amount of space, especially because of the message you got saying;
    "you have reached your quota, go to your studio and eliminates some items".
    having said that, I wanted to know where is it written that there is a limit, how many megabits you need to have available?
    I don't know about an official statement from the gurus, but I know simmers who also got this message;
    "you have reached your quota, go to your studio and eliminates some items". This means that you have
    reached your storage limit. How much amount of space each of us have I don't know unfortunately.
    also the strange thing, I deleted a lot of articles, but the number of my creations is always 285
    That's how it has always been. The creation count never goes down and that is probably because they designed
    it so that you can see how many creations you have created even if you delete some of them from your studio.

In other words, it's just a way to keep track.
    P.S. I apologize, it is very difficult to explain the issue in English
    thank you
    No worries :) I understand what you're saying.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Hello Manssom. :)
    thanks for your time.
    I realized that this account and now lost, will serve only to visit the forum.
    if I could, I would gladly give my vote to a request for you to join the staff of EA.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I would also respond MinDtriKz friend,

I just visited the studio of a person who has 1697 creations, uses many of the CC and the average size of its files are identical to mine.
    So, as you can see, what you said is not exact.

I would like to say That I have the right to write all the arguments and discussions I want to, use the forum to make requests for help to the staff of the forum.

If this is what you do not appreciate, do not reply to the my topic, ignore them.
    Thank you

Vorrei rispondere anche all'amico MinDtriKz,

Ho appena visitato lo studio di una persona che ha 1697 creazioni, usa molti CC e la media della grandezza dei suoi file sono uguali alla mia.
    Quindi, come puoi notare, quello che hai detto non è esatto.

Inoltre, vorrei dire, che ho diritto di scrivere tutti i thread che voglio, di usare il forum per fare richieste di aiuto al personale addetto del forum.

Se questa cosa non ti è gradita, non replicare ai mei topic ignorali.
    Grazie
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    When you create multiple different threads you also get multiple different people suggesting things that others have. It's best to keep to one thread and occasionally bump the thread (like a 6 hours or so without a response, give us and the Sim Gurus time to find the thread, read the issue, read the replies, do our own research possibly, and write a response).

So many threads get posted with questions here and on the EA site itself and there are only so many Sim Gurus and only so many knowledgeable Simmers. And some of us knowledgeable ones may sit back while another Simmer is actively helping. Too many helpers can also hinder things.

They could have also temporarily taking uploading items to the Exchange down due to the merging of the forums. And who knows when that will finish.
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    looking into this a bit. i didn't see anything official but the community of simmers (as usual) is wonderful.
    forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/146119.page has a chart on upload file size and time frame before an error. granted this is for a world BUT above comments suggest you are uploading large size file.
    further poking around which you don't get to see (thank goodness, is rather boring and disturbing at same time)

think i may have found the unhappy answer:
    answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Thesims3-com-Issues-updated-2013-12-11/td-p/135888
    I can't upload to the Exchange
    This is an ongoing issue for many. There are different causes and solutions but most of the time, it's unclear why it's not working.
    Identified causes:
    • You can't upload a file with the same name twice, even if you delete one. Re-export under a different name and try again
    • Don't use special characters in your name.
    • Everyone has a quota of about 1 GB. If you exceed that quote, you can't upload anymore. Delete some of the existing files before uploading more.
    • If your file contains custom content or even Store content (some does attach), you might see an error uploading. Remove the Custom content and try again

some other sources also say that the name must be straight text, basic font, in all titles of items uploading or it will be rejected
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi Seera,
    to prevent the thread went in the end, I had to put up if I would not have it this way, would go into oblivion like everyone else.
    In location addition, I would like to point out That since February 2011, Which are Recorded in three years, the site always Had problems, every time there Has Been a maintenance Shall be added to other problems, not to mention the problems of the Exchange, for pleasure, we avoid to write That all is well.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    thanks to all of you for responding.

Hello Catrilla,
    with regard to the first link, Has nothing to do with my argument.
    I just read the second link, as well. has nothing to do with my problem.

for how much concerns the restriction of the share of a jig, this is not true, because there are many different depending on the study or the nation.
    as I said yesterday, I can prove that there are many users who have 1700 items in their study, with an average size of 40,45 megabytes
    it's easy to make the sum, if we multiply 40x1700 = 68000
    because I, having less I reached the quota?
    as you can see, everything is wrong.

• Options
    Hi Seera,
    to prevent the thread went in the end, I had to put up if I would not have it this way, would go into oblivion like everyone else.
    In location addition, I would like to point out That since February 2011, Which are Recorded in three years, the site always Had problems, every time there Has Been a maintenance Shall be added to other problems, not to mention the problems of the Exchange, for pleasure, we avoid to write That all is well.

They won't go into oblivion if you wait 6 hours to post them again. Trust me. Especially if you post in the correct section. This isn't the section for help. The section for help is the various Technical Discussion sections. They don't move at a million miles an hour. THAT's where you're supposed to post, hey, I'm having issues, please help posts.

Not General Discussion. General Discussion is for threads that do not fit anywhere else.

If you post in the wrong section or if you bump too frequently, do not be surprised if your posts are ignored or flagged as spam.

And if you had actually read Catrilla's post she posted some things that have NOTHING to do with the size of the upload or the total size of everything that you have already uploaded.

Sometimes the site rejects CC or Store items (a person who has never uploaded anything can run into this issue). Said it might be possible you've run into an issue with the name of the file.

So have you tried uploading a Sim with no CC or store items? Are you certain that you aren't reusing a name? Do the files have special characters in their name?
  • Options
    Hi Seera,
    I must say, I have a lot of experience with the PC, I work for a living, I have already explained in the other topic, in which we have a small family business for assembling computer, so all the things that he mentioned Catrilla I had already tried on my skin and I can assure you with certainty that the problem is with my computer, depends on the EA site.
  • Options
    Margeh75Margeh75 Posts: 369 Member
    I also got this error, on my original EA account. I searched and asked for answers but it still remained unfixed. I set up a new account, the same thing happened and then had to create one more account (lucky there was a stuff pack on sale for €4.99 otherwise i would not have) . For a time, if i deleted some items from my studio, after a few deletions, i could upload again. But then eventually i would be met with the same data error message and exceeded the quota. I deleted almost ,except 3 creations, over 300 items from my studios but i still get the error message. I chatted to an advisor but i got the same response as you. Isarra i remember had thousands and could still upload to her account and all her sims were huge files. So maybe there is some sort of launcher error or a profile error. All i know is both accounts are useless. The only thing to do for the moment is to make a new account and start over :S
  • Options
    Dianama, then you should have acknowledged the rest of her post instead of singling out the one line. We aren't mind readers. You only mentioned the size issue in your first response to Catrilla's post so to me and probably to others, you didn't see if your item had CC with it or a store item, didn't see if a different name would help just in case it was a name of an item you had previously deleted.

And right now the Exchange may very well be in a read only state. I don't know. The who merging of the old site to this site may have that site in a read only status and giving out a bogus error.

And your referencing the other thread is proof positive as to why you should have kept your issue to one thread. Keeps you from repeating yourself and it keeps others from repeating themselves also. Pick a thread and push the participants of the other thread to the thread you wish to continue.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hello Margeh
    Thank you for your intervention
    I remember well the problems you've had, looking for a solution together.
    what I want to bring out in this discussion and that all these problems have never been solved by those who have the task of maintaining the site.

for this reason I ask aloud, intervention by the responsible person who should control the operation of the site and to take to heart the instances of people who request and complain for years and this failure is a lack of control over people, who have the responsibility to carry out the maintenance.
    I have not yet figured out the function of Simguru, what is their purpose?
    practical this forum for many years, the few solutions that I read in the forum, I have always been given by other users, not from assistance EA, or a moderator or an SimGuru.
    I myself have lavished more times to help others on many serious issues that the same assistance EA, could not solve! if the problem depended from my coputer would have already solved, in this case I feel helpless because the problem depends on the EA site and I can not help it!

P.S. I apologize if I sometimes have to correct my thread, this happens because I have difficulty to explain in language English, and re-reading my topic, I realize that there are mistakes and correct the error
  • Options
    Margeh75Margeh75 Posts: 369 Member
    I agree with all points you have mentioned and it is great that you are trying to campaign for people who are having these problems with uploading. I know a few people who left the site because they could not upload and they did not want to set up a new account which is really sad because I did love their creations. I am sad that there is still not a fix for this and i did check again on my 2 dead accounts, and both are still saying this error! The real question is, are there any people working to fix this, or have they simply forgotten about it, and are keeping their focus on Sims 4? And you have helped so many people with problems of their game, and sims which was so great that you did that, I only wish there was as much attention brought to us as gamers and purchasers of the Sims franchise, by the people who actually created this game. It is up to them to fix these things, but it appears sadly, this may never happen and remain unsolved. :(
  • Options
    Margeh75 wrote: »
    I agree with all points you have mentioned and it is great that you are trying to campaign for people who are having these problems with uploading. I know a few people who left the site because they could not upload and they did not want to set up a new account which is really sad because I did love their creations. I am sad that there is still not a fix for this and i did check again on my 2 dead accounts, and both are still saying this error! The real question is, are there any people working to fix this, or have they simply forgotten about it, and are keeping their focus on Sims 4? And you have helped so many people with problems of their game, and sims which was so great that you did that, I only wish there was as much attention brought to us as gamers and purchasers of the Sims franchise, by the people who actually created this game. It is up to them to fix these things, but it appears sadly, this may never happen and remain unsolved. :(

If the Sims 2's Exchange is any evidence of whether or not it will be fixed, then it won't ever be fixed. Sims 2's Exchange went read only for everyone except those with an unpatched base game who didn't upload CC at all shortly after the last pack came out (Mansion and Garden Stuff). The Exchange was never fixed. It became download only for a vast majority of people.

I hope they fix the issue, especially if they're going to let Sims 3 have a spot here for the entirety of Sims 4's run.
  • Options
    Gabriella_itGabriella_it Posts: 105 Member
    Marghet75 scrive: ""I agree with all points you have mentioned and it is great that you are trying to campaign for people who are having these problems with uploading. I know a few people who left the site because they could not upload and they did not want to set up a new account which is really sad because I did love their creations. I am sad that there is still not a fix for this and i did check again on my 2 dead accounts, and both are still saying this error! The real question is, are there any people working to fix this, or have they simply forgotten about it, and are keeping their focus on Sims 4? And you have helped so many people with problems of their game, and sims which was so great that you did that, I only wish there was as much attention brought to us as gamers and purchasers of the Sims franchise, by the people who actually created this game. It is up to them to fix these things, but it appears sadly, this may never happen and remain unsolved. ""

Quote, your analysis is good dear Margie, besides this I would also add that it would be more fair to establish the margin of data transmission, in the regulation of this site, as they were already established, by the time, the rules for the forum, I don't think this requires large resources and waste of time, simply saying: "boys more than a 1 gb or 500 mb per account, you may not have in the study. ".... at least we can adjust and make creations for cleaning do not exceed this limit.

Now with the advent of sims4, and with the new transmission system "Gallery", I believe that this rule is not only useful but essential!!

I hope that these messages do not occur in a vacuum and that the EA is also treasure these futile advice!..:P
  • Options
    with regard to the limit of the available space, I agree with you Gabry, but the rule should apply to all!
    referring to the topic of Mageh, I just say this, only now I had the outburst flood the forum topic with the same subject, this is because after three years of complaints from several inherent problems, both in the game, both at the forum, i never received any solutions and answers.
    I had already prejudiced, that these my requests for help, "as all" will go into oblivion, and once again will not solve anything.
    So I wonder .... just give me a reason why it should buy sims 4 ...
    we all want more attention from EA!
    we want that problems are solved!
    thank you
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,592 Member
    Hi :)

I have always had a limit in size for my studio. I believe everyone does. And yes, it's not the number of uploads, it's the combined size of all the uploads- pictures and videos included.

I have 95 uploads, pictures, and some videos upload. For me to upload more I'd have to remove items from my Studio,. Usually I removed pictures first and then I'll remove my lowest downloaded items and then I remove worlds.
  • Options
    Hello Riflong7,

if this were the case, this limit should be equal for all, unfortunately it is not. Apart from this, it would be more correct to know the limits of all, if I'm not mistaken, it is not written anywhere that there is a limit.

Furthermore, the discussion on the forum and targeted assistance to the problem in the forum, no one knows how to give answers to the questions that are placed daily by users.
    I would like to ask a question: Who of you had a solution to his problem by an official EA?
    if solutions have arrived, these were due to other users that have stumbled in their experience in the problems that have been able to resolve through the network and certainly not through EA Support.

For this reason, we ask the makers of EA, of put on forums competent staff, That have Certain knowledge in computer, hardware, software, Able to understand if a problem depends from computer or EA, or of EA server! which are not only good at making clik on the items: disgree, spam, abuse.

P.S: I apologize again for the bad english.
  • Options
    MartyP8MartyP8 Posts: 59 Member
    Hi Dianama, I wish i could help you fix this problem as you helped me so much in the past (which i am truly grateful for it, by the way) ,but i can’t!!!, i do not know the exact response to this problem, but i will give you a fair opinion and my point of view.

I never understood why some people are having trouble with limits with their studio and others, like me or Isarra for example who has 5820 creations made and she still can upload. Although Isarra had this issue awhile ago and went and deleted 3191 of her creations to be able to share again.
    At first, i really thought it was EA file sharing space, because when sims 3 first started, space seemed unlimited and as years went on, it became such a problem with studio and sharing your sims on the exchange. This is why no one had difficulty to share anything they wanted on the exchange in the beginning and it was going smoothly. Then with the overflow of members and people that share their creations, EA probably decided to have a limit. It cost money to borrow space, and they had to cut down on this matter.
    It is purely assumption, i am no expert in this field, but because i owned a site, i have more understanding on how this world works.

Let’s make an example, to make my point of view more understandable;

Imagine the space allowed on EA is a 100(GB) in Monthly Transfer Allowance per month, and then 10000(MB) for file space , then if the limit is reached EA will need to ask to borrow spaces (which cost money) or they will simply refuse anymore entries of all sort. When spaces is available again then people will be able to upload again on their studio.
    I had the same problem with my site (BTBsims). They were asking me so much money per month, i had too many members and everything has a cost , from pictures sharing , uploading creations, new members, even viewing other people's page had an impact on my space, ridiculous, isn’t it?.
    Obviously my site was a small site, but it works the same way for any size platform. Some platform will take the responsibility to support space for any size site, because anyway, some other site registered to their platform are not as active, so the person who’s not as active is paying their share for people who are more active. My last site was a scam, i paid for unlimited but they made me pay more money every time when i past my limit even my neighbor didn't even use his site.

The problem is, the customer services of (EA) or SimGurus do not know those things. They do not own a platform and this is too technical for them. Maybe a handful does know it, but unfortunately you will encounter most people that doesn’t know those things. They will redirect you with your problem to visit the forum :( and we are all turning in circle like a gang of animals. We need to support ourselves and i find it unfair that we are bunched in a corner that doesn't lead you anywhere.
    The money they take from us, goes in one place, easy to manage!!!, but the problem we encounter is put inside a big bin and it's up to us to either let go and cry in a corner or just ignore it and move on to something else. Truly sad all this!!

Oops sorry for this long mail!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi Marty,
    thank you very much for your support.

with regard to the limited space, EA can not slip on a banana peel.
    sever the EA are huge, even the money they take from the sales of the products are so many, it would be ridiculous to limit the space for loading material in the study

also, to be fair you should warn users how much space you must have available, because as you well said, not there can be children and stepchildren, if there have to be rules, must apply to everyone.

what to do once that space and finished, buy a new DVD of sims 3, to reopen another account?
    delete everything you've created in three years?

on the box of the product you Sims 3, it was written That we could use the forum and Exchange for share our creations.

I should mention that my study, although I deleted a lot of articles, the number has not been lowered, are still 285 items, you can close one study to share only with reaching the 285 items?
    while other studies there are more than two thousand items, with the size of very large files.