Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Loving the sims Enough Anymore?

I love sims ever since the sims 1. Im a huge fan like a lot of people here are. Part of me cant wait for the sims 4. Theres a lot to be excited about. New sims, new neighborhoods, new items, new things to do, new things that make the sims the sims we love. There is a lot that looks really cool about the game and I cant wait. Im getting the game. I have to try it. I just have to. But I admit this time Im more hesitent about the game. It just seems like more and more bad news is coming up. More negative things. Right now I still see a lot of positve about the game but the negative things are adding up. Ill still get the game no matter what. But Im still worried about it expecially for the future for the sims if the game doesnt do well. Like could it end? Im more of a simmer then a gamer. I play other games but 80% of my gaming is sims. So if the sims 4 isnt as good then I dont know what will happen. I know I feel like in a way the sims 4 is like the new sims 1. I know the games are different but theres things that reminds me of the sims 1. Like no toddler stage. And the babies. They are now part of their cribs. In fact the sims 1 babies wear green too. I do enjoy sims 1 a lot. But I love family in sims 2 and 3. And I feel the sims 4 is lacking expecially when it comes to family life. Leaving out a life state and having teens be the same size as adults. Also Ive been reading a post about family trees and I wonder if that might be gone. I wouldnt be surprised if its gone since family seems to be not important in 4. Still ghosts are gone and thats weird to me. Maybe just loving sims isnt enough.

Im going to try the sims 4. Theres enough in it that appeals to me. I hope I love it. If I do Ill be buying any expansion pack I can afford, If I dont love it then I probably will not buy any more. But I will know on sept 2nd when I get it for myself.
my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3

Comments

• Options
    EyeLuvMySimEyeLuvMySim Posts: 25 Member
    I've been a 'die hard' fan since TS1 as well, but to answer your question...no, I don't think loving the game is enough anymore to put up with the unnecessary cuts. I refuse to spend more money on a game going backwards IMO!
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I'm sure they are counting on people just buying the game because they are die hard sims fans. Not going to work on me. I already have fully featured sims games I can play, I don't need to give up everything that makes the game fun for me just because it's "new."
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,660 Member
    "Great Game Guarantee" that's my "try" the game.
  • Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    The problem is that this game just isn't done. It needs at least a year longer of development.

They better make these first expansions worth it, and fix the problems with the game. I don't want to wait years and years for these issues to be addressed.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Thats probably one of the main reason I am buying just because I love sims.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    EyeLuvMySimEyeLuvMySim Posts: 25 Member
    The problem is that this game just isn't done. It needs at least a year longer of development.

They better make these first expansions worth it, and fix the problems with the game. I don't want to wait years and years for these issues to be addressed.

I just don't have too much confidence in them fixing the issues because there are still several issues with TS3 that were never addressed/resolved. Besides, fixing the game shouldn't be an after thought...it should be built correctly before it's released! People pay good hard earned money for a botched game...no integrity as a company!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    I'm sure they are counting on people just buying the game because they are die hard sims fans. Not going to work on me. I already have fully featured sims games I can play, I don't need to give up everything that makes the game fun for me just because it's "new."

That's hoq I feel.

I just spent TS4 price on TS3 stuff.

• Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    I love sims ever since the sims 1. Im a huge fan like a lot of people here are. Part of me cant wait for the sims 4. Theres a lot to be excited about. New sims, new neighborhoods, new items, new things to do, new things that make the sims the sims we love. There is a lot that looks really cool about the game and I cant wait. Im getting the game. I have to try it. I just have to. But I admit this time Im more hesitent about the game. It just seems like more and more bad news is coming up. More negative things. Right now I still see a lot of positve about the game but the negative things are adding up. Ill still get the game no matter what. But Im still worried about it expecially for the future for the sims if the game doesnt do well. Like could it end? Im more of a simmer then a gamer. I play other games but 80% of my gaming is sims. So if the sims 4 isnt as good then I dont know what will happen. I know I feel like in a way the sims 4 is like the new sims 1. I know the games are different but theres things that reminds me of the sims 1. Like no toddler stage. And the babies. They are now part of their cribs. In fact the sims 1 babies wear green too. I do enjoy sims 1 a lot. But I love family in sims 2 and 3. And I feel the sims 4 is lacking expecially when it comes to family life. Leaving out a life state and having teens be the same size as adults. Also Ive been reading a post about family trees and I wonder if that might be gone. I wouldnt be surprised if its gone since family seems to be not important in 4. Still ghosts are gone and thats weird to me. Maybe just loving sims isnt enough.

Im going to try the sims 4. Theres enough in it that appeals to me. I hope I love it. If I do Ill be buying any expansion pack I can afford, If I dont love it then I probably will not buy any more. But I will know on sept 2nd when I get it for myself.

For myself, loving The Sims (the franchise) is not enough. I won't buy the game "just because" it is the next installment. Everything I've read, everything I've seen (or not), is leading me to believe this is another SimCity Societies in the works.

That was another game franchise I dearly loved, in fact, it is the reason I am who I am today professionally and financially. SimCity was the first computer game I was exposed to back in the 90s, and it was the reason I bought my first computer. I played the snot out of that game, bought the sequel, SC 2000 and after being awed by what a computer game could be and the progression technology allowed, not just from an entertainment value standpoint, but as a simulation in general, I was hooked on both gaming and game design. I dropped a promising service business I owned and went back to school to get a degree in Information Technology, Programming. I was going to be the next Will Wright. I had ideas 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it!

That never really panned out for me. I got "stuck" in the business track as that is where the money was in IT and development in general. But, it is testament to how much I was endeared to the SimCity franchise and simulation gaming in general.

Despite my obvious personal and emotional ties to city, and life simulators in general, I had no desire to buy SimCity Societies when the news started hitting the fan base about it's "new and improved" features. It was the next generation of the game. However, I saw every indicator leading up to release it was NOT the same game I had fallen in love with and was so paramount to changing my life in general. I knew it was a disaster in the making. It actually pained me to not buy it, so I understand where you are coming from. But it turned out to be the right decision, for me at least. And from what I read on fan boards back then, for many others too. There have been other genres I've had similar experiences with (Total War, Battlefield, etc.). Some I saw and headed the warning signs, others I ignored and got burned.

So no, just loving the franchise or game concept is not enough in my opinion. You have to look at what drew you to this game to start with, look at what the new version has, and ask yourself, "Is this the game I fell in love with?". If the answer is no, or even maybe, I wouldn't buy it. Not right away anyway.

In the end, there is no right answer to should you buy the game or will you enjoy it. It is a decisions you have to make on your own based on past experiences and gut feelings.

Regards,

Krammy

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member

They never addressed all the "issues" in TS3, so they will never address any in TS4.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,924 Member
    I still love the sims, but I love my money and my sanity more. It's too expensive, and it's going to be boring at first. It's nothing new, that's how s3 was when it first came out. I'm waiting until a price drop and some eps.