Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Someone Please help me

I dont know whats going on but I made a post and it never showed up. I really need help. I cant figure out how to get a sims avatar with the sims 4. Can someone please help me?
my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3

Comments

• Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited August 2014
    I dont know whats going on but I made a post and it never showed up. I really need help. I cant figure out how to get a sims avatar with the sims 4. Can someone please help me?

Go to your profile by clicking on your name and click on the avatar image to change it--when you hover over it it should give you the option. You can upload any photo from your computer.

--EDIT: if you can't do it that way because you don't have a photo yet, then it should be in your options somewhere... I found it by playing around...

--EDIT 2: Choose "edit profile" and then "change picture" or something like that.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
  • Options
    FloofFloof Posts: 76 Member
    @alyssasim87
    1. Go into the CAS Demo and create your Sim
    2. You can either wait for it to do an idle animation or click on a trait and screenshot that.
    3. Once you found the animation you want for your avatar, click print screen on your keyboard, it should be above the arrow keys.
    4. Go into Paint and press CTRL + V and it'll paste in the screenshot of your Sim.
    5. Drag and crop the image to your liking and click Save > Save as .PNG and name it whatever and save it where ever.
    6. Come to the forums and click the gear next to the search bar.
    7. Click Preferences and on the left it will say Change Picture, click that.
    8. Click the Choose File button on the new page and when the window pops up, select the avatar that you just saved from Paint.
    9. Upload and done! You have a brand new shiny avatar!
    10. Enjoy!
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I dont think Im going to be able to do this cuz I dont know much about pcs and dont really understand what to do.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    Do you want me to screenshot all the steps then?
    @alyssasim87
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    I dont think Im going to be able to do this cuz I dont know much about pcs and dont really understand what to do.

Do you have a picture you already want to use? If so, it is fairly simple to get it posted (and whatever it is it will look better than the default). If not, making a new picture is a bit more tricky, but not impossible, even for people that aren't pros with pc's... If you explain exactly what you want to do it might be easier for us to help you.

tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    @alyssasim87
    I see you got it! Good job c:
    Don't doubt yourself <3
  • Options
    Yay it worked. I decided to take a toddler picture from the sims 3. But I didnt think it worked cuz it said it failed to upload then it worked. Anyway thank you all for your help.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
    i just took a screen shot in creat a sim demo of my self sim.
  • Options
    I tried to take a screenshot in the demo but didnt get it to work. Anyway glad this post showed up. I dont know what happened earlier when I tried to ask about the avatars and the post never showed up. Well anyway I got a nice avatar til I get the sims 4 and can take screen shots.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    Hmm maybe it worked this time because I shrank the thumbnail. Meaning the picture. I dont know but Im glad.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    It wasnt letting me take screen shots either!! I ended up having to use the snipping tool after putting the demo out of full screen mode then use the snipping tool to take what I'm guessing is essentially a print screen. Then just used paint to edit it :D hope this helps out a little (yn)
  • Options
    Oh ok thanks

Im a simmer forever <3