Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new wave of demos, or gameplay video to be released today?

Graham just tweeted that he's planning on sleeping in this morning and that he hopes he won't be woken up by a flood of tweets. Sounds to me like something's happening today, but what?

We know that the demo is still being rolled out over the coming weeks, and that there is live gameplay coming at some point, so could it be one of those? Or is it something else entirely?

Or am I just reading too far into a tweet and only seeing what I want to see?

What do you folks think?

Comments

• Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited July 2014
    I honestly think the gameplay is coming out on Tuesday, since that's when they release other things sometimes and it's the end of their 2 week deadline they've been riding on for so long.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think the tweet thing was because Graham stated that the footage at E3 was live, which contradicts every report from fansites, gamers etc who attended E3, as they all seem to have reported that is was staged footage.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    MUEHARIMUEHARI Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I think that it's a new wave of demos. I could be wrong, but that's what I think. :wink:

Besides, even if we do get a gameplay video, it'll either be de-confirmed (is that a word?), delayed or just a mere 5 minutes. :roll:
  • Options
    kates120888888kates120888888 Posts: 212 Member
    edited July 2014
    hopefully its more demos because I really want one but gameplay would be awesome too.... I don't want to get my hopes up again though.... I have been checking to see if I have gotten the demo yet for like 2 weeks and I'm starting to lose hope and think that i'm just unlucky and that I probably wont get it until august 12th.

D:
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited July 2014
    Someone asked about the gameplay video we're getting (15 minutes long) and asked why it wasn't released this week. Graham responded with "the week isn't over yet" so I do believe they're working as of now so it might be a video or wave, or something else? ^^
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Someone asked about the gameplay video we're getting (15 minutes long) and asked why it wasn't released this week. Graham responded with "the week isn't over yet" so I do believe they're working as of now so it might be a video or wave, or something else? ^^

This confuses me, as the working week is over. Do gurus work weekends? :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

Me too, the person responded to Graham's tweet saying "oh you're working the weekends." So I have no idea if it's Graham hinting at the video or something else, or it's absoluty nothing and we're seeking to much behind it x)
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

Me too, the person responded to Graham's tweet saying "oh you're working the weekends." So I have no idea if it's Graham hinting at the video or something else, or it's absoluty nothing and we're seeking to much behind it x)

I've heard other people comment in the past that sometimes EA employees work Saturdays, and possibly whole weekends. It might be possible that for a lot of workers there, this is the last day of the work week.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think you're reading too much into it; it probably means nothing. Going from what's happened in the past, most of the tweets that the Gurus make like that mean nothing.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    Gameplay. He referenced it yesterday saying, "The week isn't over yet"
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    maybe he meant "Please don't bother me with your CAS demo or live game tweets, I want to sleep in my weekend!"

LOL :D
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    They work week ends if they have events like gamescom or during crunch time when they are finishing up a new game. Maybe they are near the game going gold. But they will not be at EA showing live play or anything like that on a Saturday that I have ever seen.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2014
    maybe he meant "Please don't bother me with your CAS demo or live game tweets, I want to sleep in my weekend!"

LOL :D

lolol When he gets up you know he's gonna peek at his tweets!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, since I follow Graham for quite a while now, he does hints like this more often and it comes true, I sometimes have my second thoughts with other guru's. Graham doesn't hint unless something will happen, might be tomorrow too. Remember, he also told us the next wave is coming around two weeks ago and then it became quiet, so I personally think something will happen, but not hoping on it tbh, but you know looking forward to it! ^^
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    I think the tweet thing was because Graham stated that the footage at E3 was live, which contradicts every report from fansites, gamers etc who attended E3, as they all seem to have reported that is was staged footage.

I spent some time looking for evidence that it wasn't staged/scripted and didn't find much. The scenarios reviewers saw seemed nearly identical--guy gets angry, goes to work out, his skill improves faster due to his traits, Kim Jong-Un makes cupcakes sets house on fire, guy dies from laughing, and a sim made from someone in the audience gets dropped into the game from the gallery. I looked specifically for non-sim fansites and just general reviews of S4 at E3.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    KatzMeowz wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:

I spent some time looking for evidence that it wasn't staged/scripted and didn't find much. The scenarios reviewers saw seemed nearly identical--guy gets angry, goes to work out, his skill improves faster due to his traits, Kim Jong-Un makes cupcakes sets house on fire, guy dies from laughing, and a sim made from someone in the audience gets dropped into the game from the gallery. I looked specifically for non-sim fansites and just general reviews of S4 at E3.

Exactly they all saw very similar things, surely if it was live it would play out differently. The house might not set on fire, the machine in the gym might randomly break, where's the spontaneity? i know that if I forget to save and try to reply what i've just done it never happens the same way twice, let alone exactly the same (apart from the audience member changing)

Perhaps it was live gameplay, but if so why does no one who went to E3 seems to have realised this?
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    BeachParrotBeachParrot Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    KatzMeowz wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:

Exactly they all saw very similar things, surely if it was live it would play out differently. The house might not set on fire, the machine in the gym might randomly break, where's the spontaneity? i know that if I forget to save and try to reply what i've just done it never happens the same way twice, let alone exactly the same (apart from the audience member changing)

Perhaps it was live gameplay, but if so why does no one who went to E3 seems to have realised this?

My guess is that it was live, but it was also staged. The events were pre-set up to happen. Kind of like in TS2 Don was pre-set to leave Cassandra at the altar and such.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well, since I follow Graham for quite a while now, he does hints like this more often and it comes true, I sometimes have my second thoughts with other guru's. Graham doesn't hint unless something will happen, might be tomorrow too. Remember, he also told us the next wave is coming around two weeks ago and then it became quiet, so I personally think something will happen, but not hoping on it tbh, but you know looking forward to it! ^^
    yeah i just saw this tweet, hes the only guru i trust. the last time he said good luck on the next wave, a bunch of people got the demo the next day.

idk if i think its the demo or the gameplay video, but whatevr it is was supposed to wake him up.. doesnt that mean the info has to come out.. quite soon?? :?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    edited July 2014
    I doubt they 'll release another wave of demos today because it s Satuarday. Also they would announce the game demo in advance so people know when to tune in and where.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I doubt they 'll release another wave of demos today because it s Satuarday. Also they would announce the game demo in advance so people know when to tune in and where.

Nods.

If anything is being released today I think it'll just be a date for the gameplay video, and that's it.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg