Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mill set: cucumbers dont't work

I really need some help: after planting cucumers in my Sim's garden, I
found out that they don't grow. Even with testingcheatsenabled on I can't do anything with them.

Do they work in your game? Perhaps it depends on a mod I've installed that they are somehow "dead". By the way, the corn is working fine.

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    Try uninstalling/reinstalling.

If it doesn't help, it may be you have a broken ccmerged file.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/store-premium-content-not-working-properly.html
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited July 2014
    The cucumber plant (not the fruit itself) is missing its name in all language versions except for the english one (unless they fixed this issue since then) and without plant name you can't grow any cucumbers.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    kusurusu wrote:
    The cucumber plant is missing its name in all language versions except for the english one (unless they fixed this issue since then) and without plant name you can't grow any cucumbers.

Really? I didn't know this. Thanks for the info. :D

(If you have the English version installed... it still could be the broken ccmerged)
  • Options
    SagaSaga Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello, Cinderellimouse and Kusurusu! Thank you very much for your kind answers.

Cinderellimouse, I followed your advice and uninstalled everything. Then I installed it again. The cucumbers are not yet working (when I touch them with the mouse, the statement comes, that no interaction is possible), although a new ccmerged file was created.

Kusurusu, the cucumber is named properly in German "Gurke", so it should work.

Thank you so much for your help, but I still have to work on it.

I really don't know what to do now. Perhaps live without cucumbers :-))
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited July 2014
    Just to make sure, you're saying everything else in the set is working fine right? It's just the cucumbers.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes, that's true. The corn is ok and so is the rest. Heaven knows what's wrong.
  • Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have the same problem. My game language is German aswell. The cucumbers in buydebug are named right but all I get is a soil pile which I can do nothing with. I am able to buy cucumber in the grovery store, I just can't grow them.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    SchokomaeuschenSchokomaeuschen Posts: 59 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I've got the same problem.

EA, please fix this problem as fast as you can!
    It's a great set and the lot looks beautiful, but without the new plant working (cucumber), one of the most important things of the set's missing.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Aktex and Schokomäuschen, I also get only a pile of soil when buying cucumbers in buydebug. When I installed The Old Mill lot from SimguruKitty, it looked very nice, but the cucumbers were missing.

I really hope they will do someting about this problem.
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    edited July 2014
    Go to Nona's Sims website and download the ccmerge pkg. from there. That should help. A lot of the times if you just let the game generate one, at least that I have experienced, the content still won't work. After you've downloaded it, unzipped it, cut and paste it in your DCBackup folder. Choose copy and replace. Start your game and see if that worked. Good luck. :-) http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/dcbackup-ccmerged-package-and-your-premium-content-items/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ok,Pepperw1, I#ll give it a try. Thank you so much for your hint. I will immediately inform you, when it worked.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited July 2014
    Or just try this one (tuning mod)
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    SchokomaeuschenSchokomaeuschen Posts: 59 New Member
    edited July 2014
    The ccmerge package seems not to be the problem. I build an new one like it's described at Nona's site (Nona's ccmerge ist not up to date), but it did'nt solve the problem.
    A mod to use is a good option, but I hope EA will fix the problem itself.
  • Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    edited July 2014
    Changing the ccmerge didn't work for me either. But thanks for the help. I am hoping this will get fixed soon. Meanwhile I'll eat cucumbers out of my grandpa's real garden.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    edited July 2014
    :( Sorry. I was hoping it would work for you.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Good morning to everyone! I really had a hard night.

First of all I uninstalled the Sims 3 completely. Than I installed everything again, as well as the store stuff. So a competely new ccmerge file was produced. (I uninstalled all stuff already in the afternoon and installed it again, but I thought that the game itself might have a fault).

Thank you for the link, Kusurusu. I'll try it now and we'll see what happens!

Nothing helped, so it must really be a bug in the German set version. I'm really very disappointed that nothing helped.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Kusurusu, you really made it!!! You absolutely saved my weekend!! The cucumberplantstrings are working perfectly and now I can start building a cosy Little farm with all available plants! Thank you so very,very much! Wish you a wonderful weekend too!!
  • Options
    Simbi0seSimbi0se Posts: 205 Member
    edited July 2014
    I wanted to buy the Mill set, but now I worry. I play in Dutch. I also play without mods, so that's not a solution for me.
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited July 2014
    so in the buydebug I see cucumber & corn but next to the pear tree it's just soil with
    no name on it & no interactions available are we missing something.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Chips46, you should get the file indicated by Kurusuru in this thread and place it into Mods/Packages Folder. Then everything will work fine.
  • Options
    Puncky99Puncky99 Posts: 338 Member
    edited July 2014
    I play the Sims in Dutch and the cucumbers don't work in my game either.

In fact.... if I go to gameplay (after placing them from BuydeBug), they are completely gone! :roll:

Please Storeteam, fix this problem!
    I really love all the sets that came out over the last months, but every set seems to have a problem!

(PS And I don't want to play with mods!)
    Onderschrift_Luna_1_met_Logo_zpsbwcad4il.jpg

EA ID: Simmie99
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonshineSim
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MoonshineSim/
    Please visit my website for more of my creations.
  • Options
    Simbi0seSimbi0se Posts: 205 Member
    edited July 2014
    I bought the set anyway (didn't want to lose the discount!), and yes, I suffer from Unplantable Cucumbers too. I'm sure it's an easy fix for the Store Team, but it's Saturday, so I'd be really surprised to see them fix it RIGHT NOW. If it's not fixed within a week, I guess I'll have to download the mod. Until then, eh, I'll have to buy my cukes, instead of growing them.
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited July 2014
    Has anyone managed to grow Cucumbers and harvest them yet, if so, anyone have screenshots (good quality) of the little icon for the cucumber fruit?

I'm trying to get good pictures because the icons for corn and cucumbers are missing from the wiki I want to update.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2014
    There was an issue with non-English cucumbers. There's a post on the first page stickied:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/762416.page
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin