The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims in the neighborhood getting married or having babies?

I know that in the Sims 3 Sims would never get married on their own or have babies on their own (i am talking about people in town) and I know there were some mods for this to make families grow that you were not controlling. I was hoping that this would happen on its own in the Sims 4, that Sims in the neighborhood would meet, get married, have babies etc on their own, but I see that unless you are controlling a household Sims will not age so does that mean that Sims won't do those things on their own?

I find this very annoying that unless it is your active household Sims will not age. Does anyone know how much free-will townies will have and if they will be able to have babies or do anything on their own?

Comments

• Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I know that in the Sims 3 Sims would never get married on their own or have babies on their own (i am talking about people in town) and I know there were some mods for this to make families grow that you were not controlling. I was hoping that this would happen on its own in the Sims 4, that Sims in the neighborhood would meet, get married, have babies etc on their own, but I see that unless you are controlling a household Sims will not age so does that mean that Sims won't do those things on their own?

I find this very annoying that unless it is your active household Sims will not age. Does anyone know how much free-will townies will have and if they will be able to have babies or do anything on their own?

The only thing I know for a fact is that you'll be able to age or not age the sims around town, I don't know if they will fix the story progression, but I really hope so I'm not a fan of ghost towns
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    We know the whole Town will age again, or not depending on your settings of choice

But we're not sure how Story Progression will work, or, how much better it'll be compared to TS3. I for one felt annoyed about everyone else just aging and dying (after a while 80% of SV's inhabitants were elders!) and the Game kept spawning random Sims with random names, and some Sims would get a job which they shouldn't be supposed to (housewives) and at unbelievable careers.

I'm hoping we'll be able to 'tame' Story Progression this time. Like, being able to choose what should or not happen with a certain house while we're not playing it.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2014
    The whole neighborhood will age together, that has been confirmed.

And in one of the interviews, Graham said that there was a sim stomping through the park in a wedding dress and they were wondering what she was upset about. He said she probably got left at the alter. If they weren't controlling her, I speculate that sims can use the wedding arch on their own. The wedding venues seem to be in the public spaces so they will be easily accessible to townies. This is not official, but just something I picked up on in one of the interviews.
  • Options
    RainbowDust1RainbowDust1 Posts: 353 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am praying for story progression! :mrgreen:

Edit: I am praying for good/working story progression! :mrgreen:
    14s9px.gif
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope they marry and have children age and die but as for my sim I start off with aging off for skills etc. then switch off later, but that setting also effected the whole town which I would prefer it not to effect any sim other than my own active household.
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014

That part about Sims 3 is not entirely true, I know this for a fact because this has happened in my game before without any mods. This is what I'm talking about: I had a family of three living in Sunset Valley. The family consists of one adult female, and two teenage sims. I had made the adult sim move out after the two teens had became young adults them selves. So the adult female became another townie her self. After having left the adult alone for awhile. She gets married, and has another kid. :D
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    If we don't get it from EA in the base game, I'm sure some enterprising modder will create a Sims 4 version of Story Progression. You can count on it. No one wants a ghost town.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well in Sunset Valley in the original base games sims tended to propose at the dinner and have a private wedding at home, before the wedding arches. However, that part got broken when they added combined buildings functioning as both dinner and something else seems less romantic. I haven't really figured this out yet, and I have no clue. I assume if you put a wedding arch on a lot it should draw engaged couples over to use it.

I never seen anyone in TS3 use the new arch for a wedding those, even in resorts that have the wedding arches.

Hope, its a lot better in TS4
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sid1701D9 wrote:
    Well in Sunset Valley in the original base games sims tended to propose at the dinner and have a private wedding at home, before the wedding arches. However, that part got broken when they added combined buildings functioning as both dinner and something else seems less romantic. I haven't really figured this out yet, and I have no clue. I assume if you put a wedding arch on a lot it should draw engaged couples over to use it.

I never seen anyone in TS3 use the new arch for a wedding those, even in resorts that have the wedding arches.

Hope, its a lot better in TS4
    The townies did get married, and have babies in my games all the way through to the last pack that was released. I just don't understand why that this is not happening in some of the other players' game when it suppose to be doing that. I had to direct my sim's wife to take a townie that was in labor to the hospital a couple of times. :?
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, Sims 4 seems awesome, but it still lacks the completeness of any game that has expansion packs.

Anyways, it be cool if the townies could use the wedding arch and we can decide what type of birthday cake we want.

The problems with townies the ones you can play their households is that if you didn't interact with the townies, they where just lame went to work school and back home and not munch care. The Festival lot in seasons never really seemed to bring sims out to play. A festival lot is truly supposed to be packed and in the world I am playing now IP it hardly has anyone in there. Also there is no way to force other sims to get married either, because the wedding arch only works for your active family. If the neighborhood don't have any active relationships it won't create any new in the household. I took this couple from UL and put them in the base neighborhood and they are still boyfriend girlfriend.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."