The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This isn't fair...!

I know a lot of people seem caught up with the faults in the Sims 4and want to discuss their frustrations. But I have also notice that it seems to be a certain type of player that complains. I've been playing the sims for years and I have to admit Sims 3 was my least favorite game. It didn't hold my attention for that long and it wasn't as entertaining.

It seems like Sims 3 were for those demographic of players that enjoy the building aspect of the sims. And now that the Sims 4 isn't center around that, they seem to be one doing the most complaining. There aren't any pools, 3 levels, and other things. :?
I get it, its not what you necessary wanted.

But I think EA/ Maxis realize that there were an abundance of players that got their enjoyment from creating a sim and creating stories around them. Sims 2 was addicting for me because of the sims themselves. The Sims 3 lost that feel, EA tried to return to it with expansions packs. But it didn't really happen.

I'm actually excited to see how my sims will now interact. I'm also excited to see what NEW ways there are to play. Including playing with different sims on different lots. Along with the ongoing action from the entire neighborhood.

I'm getting tired of the same players complaining about their dislikes and why they won't buy the game. That's great. EA made sims 3 for you! So go play that.
Meanwhile for me and some others, the Sims 4 has been long overdue.

Comments

• Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well said!
  • Options
    foluke11foluke11 Posts: 159 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well said!

thank-you-gif.gif
  • Options
    TabithaRavenwoodTabithaRavenwood Posts: 771 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    There are alot of people who still play the sims 2 or even The Sims just because of certain aspects of the game that the other games lack.
    Just move on or should i say, go backwards.

I for one love the fact that they focus on the story making ability.
    That was the main reason behind the game's popularity. How pretty you make the houses came a bit later lol :D
    Though, I love me some pretty houses and apartments.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I for one love the fact that they focus on the story making ability.
    That was the main reason behind the game's popularity. How pretty you make the houses came a bit later lol :D
    Though, I love me some pretty houses and apartments.

I agree. In the next couple of expansion packs, I would love to see wonderful houses. But right now, I need a good base game
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think the same thing. The ones that don't want to give it a chance are the ones who play Sims 3 solely for building and all that.

You could build stuff still, but it's the people that want CASt for textures or something that seem to do most of the complaining.

Personally Sims 3 was very hard to get into, even without the bugs and routing problems. My focus wasn't on buildings, so I got really bored really fast.

I think Sims 4 is more aimed at people that mostly enjoyed Sims 2 and want a more updated version with new things. I think people pushed for that as Sims 2 was the highest ranking Sims and computer game, which Sims 3 dropped from popularity because is it feels like it is sort of moving away from the sims themselves and more decorating, editing, etc....
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited June 2014
    There are alot of people who still play the sims 2 or even The Sims just because of certain aspects of the game that the other games lack.

This. I tried so hard to fall in love with ts3, but after a while I got tired of spending my hard earned money on something that wasn't fun to me. So I went back to the sims 2.

Now that ts4 is coming out, I think I'll give that a try. If I don't like as much as I did ts1 and ts2 I'll just be done with the sims. Simple as that. :-)
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    There WILL be pools in the base game.

There WILL be basements in the base game.

You will also have the ability to build more than three levels.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2014
    colton147 wrote:

Really? Do you have proof of these things? I would love to get such basic features confirmed :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2014
    colton147 wrote:

I thought basements were confirmed not to be in it? As for pools, I am sure there will be.

Levels on the other hand are only three at the moment, though I believe that they said that they would like to add more. I think they want to make sure the game can handle it first.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    colton147 wrote:

Really? Do you have proof of these things? I would love to get such basic features confirmed :)

It is basic knowledge.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

This. I tried so hard to fall in love with ts3, but after a while I got tired of spending my hard earned money on something that wasn't fun to me. So I went back to the sims 2.

Now that ts4 is coming out, I think I'll give that a try. If I don't like as much as I did ts1 and ts2 I'll just be done with the sims. Simple as that. :-)

I can't even play sims 2 because my computer won't play the disc.
    tumblr_mwro843ThU1sbbfqdo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    colton147 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    colton147 wrote:

It is basic knowledge.

Its not basic knowledge. They HAVE confirm that the houses are 3 levels and basements probably won't be in the game. They are still working on the pools.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2014
    foluke11 wrote:
    colton147 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    colton147 wrote:

It is basic knowledge.

Its not basic knowledge. They HAVE confirm that the houses are 3 levels and basements probably won't be in the game. They are still working on the pools.

Agreed. Yes it would make sense to have more than 3 levels, and basements. But they aren't going to be in the game. So i'm not sure why you think it's basic knowledge that they will be. As for pools it's not looking very likely that they will be in the base game either.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    i so agree that 4 seems to have some of the charm of 2 - i miss liking my sims, what i dont understand honestly is the need to bash others when posting this. why not just stop adding to all of the complaining and just focus on what you like. personally i think way too many are complaining about the complainers. at times it seems like the only ones complaining are those tired of the complaining

just a thought :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    i so agree that 4 seems to have some of the charm of 2 - i miss liking my sims, what i dont understand honestly is the need to bash others when posting this. why not just stop adding to all of the complaining and just focus on what you like. personally i think way too many are complaining about the complainers. at times it seems like the only ones complaining are those tired of the complaining

just a thought :D

I had just got tired of reading a ton of posts about not wanting to buy and whats wrong with Sims 4. I was a little angry when I wrote this and felt like my demographic wasn't being represented.
    But you're right the bashing wasn't needed.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    foluke11 wrote:
    colton147 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    colton147 wrote:

It is basic knowledge.

Agreed. Yes it would make sense to have more than 3 levels, and basements. But they aren't going to be in the game. So i'm not sure why you think it's basic knowledge that they will be. As for pools it's not looking very likely that they will be in the base game either.

We didn't get basements in Sims 3 base game either -- you could build basements using the assorted testing cheats tools like constrain elevation and such (you can still find tutorials on YouTube), but it wasn't till World Adventures that we got them added because they needed them for the tombs and such so they added basements in the patch. I'm hoping they'll be added to Sims 4 at some point, even if they're just single level basements; they come in very handy for work rooms or workout space, or for a party room for Sims.

I'm still on the fence about Sims 4, mainly because I'll miss CASt (I used it both for designing houses and for clothing for my Sims; I don't want my Sims to commit the social faux pas of showing up to a party in the exact same outfit as another attendee), but also because I'm still waiting for information on the Mac version. I do play Sims 3 on a Windows partition on my iMac (had to do it because of so many errors including "unknown errors" when trying to install), but it would be nice not to have to boot into a new OS to play though it would probably mean a lot less work getting done. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    angelface98angelface98 Posts: 272 New Member
    edited June 2014
    You're one of the smartest people in the Sims 3 community because let's face it;

THE SIMS 3 SUCKED,

The sims were ugly

The sims were stupid and artifical

It was too laggy

CASt and Open World weren't needed and were the cause for many performance issues
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    foluke11 wrote:
    colton147 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    colton147 wrote:

It is basic knowledge.

We didn't get basements in Sims 3 base game either -- you could build basements using the assorted testing cheats tools like constrain elevation and such (you can still find tutorials on YouTube), but it wasn't till World Adventures that we got them added because they needed them for the tombs and such so they added basements in the patch. I'm hoping they'll be added to Sims 4 at some point, even if they're just single level basements; they come in very handy for work rooms or workout space, or for a party room for Sims.

I'm still on the fence about Sims 4, mainly because I'll miss CASt (I used it both for designing houses and for clothing for my Sims; I don't want my Sims to commit the social faux pas of showing up to a party in the exact same outfit as another attendee), but also because I'm still waiting for information on the Mac version. I do play Sims 3 on a Windows partition on my iMac (had to do it because of so many errors including "unknown errors" when trying to install), but it would be nice not to have to boot into a new OS to play though it would probably mean a lot less work getting done. :roll:

Did we even have basements in Sims 2?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You're one of the smartest people in the Sims 3 community because let's face it;

THE SIMS 3 SUCKED,

The sims were ugly

It was too laggy

CASt and Open World weren't needed and were the cause for many performance issues

I don't think the Sims 3 completely sucked. But I thank you for the comment.
    I like Mariah Carey as well.

1358538323973092.gif
  • Options
    angelface98angelface98 Posts: 272 New Member
    edited June 2014
    foluke11 wrote:

THE SIMS 3 SUCKED,

The sims were ugly

It was too laggy

I don't think the Sims 3 completely sucked. But I thank you for the comment.
    I like Mariah Carey as well.

1358538323973092.gif

Thanks(; and yeah I have some great memories from the Sims 3.

I like the seasons expansion and the mods.