Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird Plants in The Sims 4 and EP's

The Sims series has had weird plants in every iteration so far. In the first instalment there were dead trees with eyes peering out, giant bean stalks, "The Root of the Problem", "Solar Powered GEraniums", and "Cytherea Asilus Casses" (a tabletop carnivorous plant, on the sims wiki as "Mutant Plant").

The Sims 2 had money trees, the cow plant, and the real plant called the Titan arum (which, in gameplay, unfortunately seemed to lack the smell of rotting flesh it has irl; imagine how sims would have reacted to that :lol: ).

The Sims 3 brought back money trees and the cow plant, alongside other plants like death flowers, life fruits, omni plants, egg plants, and their ilk alongside the peashooter from Plants vs Zombies.

With the cow plant seeming to return in The Sims 4, what other weird plants could we see in The Sims 4 or any of its EP's? What would you want to see?

I have some ideas to start off with.

Bring back the titan arum, but this time with its horrible smell to attract flies :twisted: or to wreak havoc on our sims' emotional states.

This could be away of getting rid of the afore mentioned flies.
How about smaller carnivorous plants? Imagine that your sim caught a fly and sent it tumbling into a pitcher plant or into the grasp of a Venus fly-trap!

Perhaps a G rated version of something like the vines from Evil Dead? Grabbing on to passing sims without discretion, or maybe specifically the girl dating the man of your dreams or the local thief, to be released (or not :twisted: ) at your command.

Any one else have any suggestions, real or fictional?

Comments

• Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm kind of curious about what they got so far, because I read something about the Sims will be able to take a sample of plants or trees from parks or where ever they are & plant it at their home.
    So first I'd like to know what kinds of samples they can take, what kinds of trees or other plants they have in the world.
    I think this is a very cool animation in the game & its new.
    ETA: link - http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/e3-2014-the-sims-4-gets-emotional/
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cowplant.. A very life giving plant indeed, just as soon as it has your sims for dinner.. :twisted:
    CowPlant.jpg
  • Options
    SarahE_IsMeSarahE_IsMe Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ah, yes. I remember the days of my Sims' rejected lovers going into the fenced in cowplant area.

I hope we'll still be able to milk them. mwa ha ha
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons."
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    I seriously want herb gardening back!!! That was the most fun indoor gardening. No, I wasn't only growing buzzberry plants either :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.