Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Descent - Judging In Progress!

14329962806_2b005e4cc9_o.png

Welcome to another Monster, competition and this time you're in for a truly monstrous experience. Get ready to squirm and scream as you descent into the world of dark and spooky modelling!

As you've most likely guessed this competition is all about the creepy and slightly bizarre side to modelling. We will focus on the underworld of modelling, the less commercial and more controversial shoots will be what you'll be creating here. Please put graphic content in spoilers just in case someone incredibly squeamish comes across the thread.

Don't be afraid to make your pictures, gory, scary and creepy as after all that's what the competition is all about isn't it! Each assignment will follow a different theme or be based on a different supernatural being so be prepared to go from vampires to werewolves. Assignments will have only a few requirements so you have creative freedom to take the idea of the task and manipulate it to create a wickedly brilliant shot!

What are you waiting for? To sign up use the model form below or if you want to reserve yourself a space in the competition let me know and I can hold a place for you!
I am also in search of one or two more judges so if you're interested in judging the judge entry form is also below!

14166446298_96b539c787_o.png
No negativity towards other contestants or belittling yourself
Judges comments / scores are most likely personal to their own tastes or likes so please be respectful towards our judges
CC is allowed and recommended
Editing is allowed and strongly recommended
No Face Plastering or Photo Skinning
Only 3 extensions per model per cycle, I will be keeping track!
Extensions only last 2 days max. and I will only accept them 24 hours before the deadline of the current assignment
Each assignment lasts 7 days unless it is more complex or there are two parts to it and I will state underneath whether extensions will be accepted or not that round
I set deadlines at GMT time so ask if you need it changed to your timezone!
If you are going to post NUDE / GRAPHIC images post them on Unbound!
Please don't join if you know you are likely to drop!
Most importantly have fun!

14373261323_248a781e80_o.png

Needs To Check In

Checked In

14394948368_0151d4d321_o.png

Assignment Submitted

14394948388_08291d63cb_o.png14394948538_2243d6cabc_o.png14601668443_d3e17eaf1a_o.png

14329963196_7e41579529_o.png

14394963139_d1ff718aff_o.png14579761394_888ef645cb_o.png14601668133_4edcfff0e3_o.png

Assignment & Results Archive
Assignment 1 | Results

Unbound Thread

Comments

• Options
    MangaMonster_xXMangaMonster_xX Posts: 2,233 Member
    edited July 2014
    14166415909_686493b3c7_o.png

ASSIGNMENT FOUR : VAMPIRE COUTURE

The competition is now heating up, with only three competitors still here, the competition will run for 8 assignments! This next assignment requires you to incorporate fashion with vampires!

We want you to create an editorial yet still dark vampire couture image, using darker fashion styles like grunge, gothic, punk etc. much like the example but I'd like your shots to be more gory so you could have an open hole in the clothing with the ribs of your model sticking out etc to add that spooky, gore factor!

Requirements

Bodyshot / Midshot
    Editorial Shot
    Element of Gore
    THIN Black Border

EXAMPLE
    14785242082_9ac18df901_b.jpg
    DEADLINE - 5TH AUGUST @ 11PM GMT
    NON ELIMINATION

=================================================================================

ASSIGNMENT THREE : ASYLUM

Lovely creepy dolls everyone! This round it's time to get even more intense and create a shot resembling an asylum whether you choose to make your model the nurse or the patient we need a creepy shot that you can tell is resembling an asylum!

Your model should look distant and the setting + styling should resemble either a nurse or a patient who'd be seen in a mental asylum! Think of an abandoned asylum rather than a more clinical looking hospital! Good Luck!

Remember the more sinister the better!
    If posting a GRAPHIC image please just provide the link or under a SPOILER!

Requirements

Bodyshot / Midshot
    Asylum Setting
    Nurse or Patient
    THIN Black Border

EXAMPLE
    14506666717_c88d6c7145_o.png
    DEADLINE - 25TH JULY @ 11PM GMT
    NON ELIMINATION

14166415319_d640fef01a_o.png

The Scoring in this competition is much like any other in which there will be a rubric you have to take into account while completing your shot and the Judges will mark based on that rubric.

Each round, every judge will choose their favourite photo not necessarily based on the rubric and this model will receive an extra 2 points, if you have received a Judges Choice the headshot of the Judge who gave you the extra points will appear next to your photo!

Sinister Rating - /5
    Photo Presentation - /5
    Photo Quality - /5
    Model Styling - /10
    Creativity - /10
    Darkness - /10
    Requirements - /5
    Total: /50

Scoring Breakdown

Sinister Rating - This is a personal opinion of each judge on how sinister they think the shot looks. Do they think it has the WOW factor in terms of eeriness?

Photo Presentation - Is the camera angle too harsh, the lighting too dark or is the model washed out by the background?
    Photo Quality - Is your photo blurred in places or pixelated?
    Model Styling - Is the model's outfit appropriate for the assignment, does the hair look good with the clothing?
    Creativity - Is the photo something you wouldn't have expected or is it out of the box?
    Darkness - Does the image look spooky or more like a regular fashion shot?
    Requirements - Does the photo fit the requirements list?
    Overall Image - Does the image work together as a whole, does the model look too cute for the dark background, does any of the styling look borked?

Judges Choice - Does the photo WOW you? At the top of your scores please tell me your judges' choice you don't need reasoning because I find one photo just sticks out to me in particular. Please no biased judges choices as I have seen in some competitions that judges choose their friends or the same person each round, be fair!

14351513412_a19a4f8b64_o.png

*JUDGES PLEASE CLICK IMAGES TO BE LINKED TO THE FULL SIZED SHOT AS SOMETIMES IMAGES LOSE QUALITY WHEN POSTED ON THE FORUMS*

Angel & Zenia Jade
    tumblr_n97gjnZ0s21seftjko1_1280.png

Mel & Nebula Zell

Cyan & Beatrise Sabina
    gfrrrrrrrr_zpsda915ed8.png

AJ & Ava Alexanders
    A3Big_zps64b72d2e.png
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    14349756871_9321d4ec7d_o.png

FIRST, A FEW WORDS FROM MONSTER

Sorry to see so many drops this round but the talent is so great of you four who handed in! Keep it up!

THIS WAS A NON ELIMINATION ROUND

=========================================================

1ST PLACE
    Angel & Zenia Jade
    tumblr_n8ps6ppNqC1seftjko1_1280.png
    137 + Monster's & Vi's Judges Choice - 141 Points

14394963139_d1ff718aff_o.png
    Sinister Rating - 5/5
    Photo Presentation - 5/5
    Photo Quality - 5/5
    Model Styling - 10/10
    Creativity - 9/10
    Darkness - 9/10
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total: 48/50

Amazing shot Angel! I love the clockwork doll look you've gone with and the addition of the rust creates an abandoned, unloved looking doll who judging by the knife wants to get revenge! I'm not too keen on the almost industrial looking set but you've managed to create a dark, creepy doll look! Great job!

14601668133_4edcfff0e3_o.png
    Sinister Rating - 5/5
    Photo Presentation - 5/5
    Photo Quality - 5/5
    Model Styling - 8/10
    Creativity - 10/10
    Darkness - 9/10
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total: 47/50

Wow! This is photo is on point with the entire creepy doll aspect and the entire scene just gives me the creeps. The way that you added the distressed joints was perfect, and I love dress you picked. The puppet strings were executed very well, and the bloody-esque makeup reminds me of the jaw of a nut *******, which I love. The only thing I felt you could have added would be to make the dress and the wind up key a little more worn like the rest of her look. Amazing photo once again!

14579761394_888ef645cb_o.png
    Sinister Rating – 4.5/5
    Photo Presentation - 4/5
    Photo Quality - 4/5
    Model Styling – 9/10
    Creativity – 8.5/10
    Darkness - 8/10
    Requirements - 4/5
    Total: 42/50

This is actually quite creepy. I think you pulled it off well. Great job!

2ND PLACE
    Cyan & Beatrise Sabina
    jyftdmmmm_zps216ae26c.png
    124.5 + Samm's Judges Choice - 126.5 Points

Sinister Rating - 4/5
    Photo Presentation - 5/5
    Photo Quality - 4/5
    Model Styling - 10/10
    Creativity - 8/10
    Darkness - 9/10
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total: 45/50

Love this shot Cyan! Normally a pose this plain wouldn't work but it does in this instance because it makes your model look inhuman and doll like which is what was required this assignment, I love the clock theme you have going on here and I'm so creeped out by her blank sockets here! Great shot!

Sinister Rating - 5/5
    Photo Presentation - 4/5
    Photo Quality - 5/5
    Model Styling - 10/10
    Creativity - 10/10
    Darkness - 6/10
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total: 45/50

Cyan!! I adore this photo, everything about it. I love the clock theme that you have going on, it gives me an Alice in Wonderland feel. Not to mention the perfect outfit! The puffed sleeves, stockings, and Mary Jane flats--I love it. Yet, it still gives me a creepy feeling. The only problem I find with the photo is that the background is a tad busy and the blood on the big black clock is a little too bright for realism.

Sinister Rating – 3/5
    Photo Presentation – 3.5/5
    Photo Quality - 4/5
    Model Styling – 7/10
    Creativity – 8/10
    Darkness - 7/10
    Requirements - 4/5
    Total: 36.5/50

Normally I would criticize a pose this plain, but it really works. Beatrise is really looking creepy. I love the idea behind the photo, but I am not sure about the execution. Beatrise gets lost a bit with all the white glowing clocks behind her. Maybe if they were darker and not so bright they wouldn't be so distracting. Good job!

3RD PLACE
    AJ & Ava Alexanders
    A2_zps3255356b.png
    113.5 points

Sinister Rating - 5/5
    Photo Presentation - 4/5
    Photo Quality - 4/5
    Model Styling - 8/10
    Creativity - 8/10
    Darkness - 8/10
    Requirements - 3/5
    Total: 40/50

I like this shot as an image in general but I don't think it worked the best for this assignment as Ava doesn't look particularly doll like other than her styling, she still looks like a human, we needed a blank pose or a pose that made her look distant as here she looks more like a murderer than a creepy doll. I do love your styling here though it works really well for a dark, gothic doll look! The set is nice but I don't think we'd really see a doll in the woods too often. Nice attempt here, I know you're capable of amazing shots so show us what you've got next round!

Sinister Rating - 3/5
    Photo Presentation - 5/5
    Photo Quality - 5/5
    Model Styling - 7/10
    Creativity - 4/10
    Darkness - 6/10
    Requirements - 5/5
    Total: 35/50

I love the styling of Ava, and the bloody knife. You cut her out very well, I can't see any remnants of her previous background. Although this photo seems to be lacking creativity. The pose and background weren't the best choices. Overall, great photo!

Sinister Rating – 4/5
    Photo Presentation - 4/5
    Photo Quality – 3.5/5
    Model Styling – 7.5/10
    Creativity – 7.5/10
    Darkness - 8/10
    Requirements - 4/5
    Total: 38.5/50

Love the whole Alice look and feel of the photo. Ava’s styling is great, she looks amazing. I don’t really get living doll from the photo to be honest. It looks like she floating rather than standing due to the lack of a shadow. I am not sure if this was done on purpose, but there is something really creepy going on with her thumb. It almost looks like she has two. Could be a pose glitch, not really sure.
    Good job!

4TH PLACE
    Mel & Nebula Zell
    2zCjcR8.png
    110.5 points

Sinister Rating - 5/5
    Photo Presentation - 4/5
    Photo Quality - 4/5
    Model Styling - 9/10
    Creativity - 9/10
    Darkness - 8/10
    Requirements - 4/5
    Total: 43/50

Good work Mel! I love how Nebula almost looks like she is luring people into her torture chamber! Her styling looks very doll - like and I love how she has no eyes, almost as though they've fallen out when she's been used. Her pose though doesn't look particularly doll like so it didn't look like a creepy doll shot, more like an innocent looking vixen but overall not a bad job at al. Keep up the good work just focus on getting your poses right!

Sinister Rating - 2/5
    Photo Presentation - 2/5
    Photo Quality - 3/5
    Model Styling - 8/10
    Creativity - 6/10
    Darkness - 8/10
    Requirements - 4/5
    Total: 33/50

I love the outfit that Nebula is wearing here; very dolly. I also adore the addition of the stitches to her body. I wish you hadn't cut off her feet though, ankles are an odd place to end the picture. The set of the picture kind of confuses me. It doesn't seem like a place where you would find a creepy doll. I get the creepy writing, but the circle graph and tree stump seem odd to me. Also, there is a bit of pixilation happening on her hair.

Sinister Rating – 3/5
    Photo Presentation – 3.5/5
    Photo Quality - 4/5
    Model Styling – 7/10
    Creativity – 7/10
    Darkness - 7/10
    Requirements – 3/5
    Total: 34.5/50

Nebula looks creepy. Which is a good thing. J Especially those black eyes, really adds to overall feel of the photo. I do feel that the set is a bit lacking and boring though. Good Job!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited June 2014
    This looks great! I may have to redownload my pose player just to be in it. You tempt me, why do you have to do this :cry::lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This looks great! I may have to redownload my pose player just to be in it. You tempt me, why do you have to do this :cry::lol::lol:

So glad you're interested, I'd love to have you in the competition! Let me know if you want to be reserved :wink::mrgreen:
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Reserve me. :wink:
  • Options
    SammLiteSammLite Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited June 2014
    Reserve moi! Love all things creepy :mrgreen:
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • Options
    DiddlyzipDiddlyzip Posts: 154 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I have a great idea for the first assignment...so reserve me!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Will reserve you all :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Bump before I sleep :wink:
  • Options
    CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh noooo, I love creepy stuff, but I'm soooo so so busy right now and my computer is so very slow.. can't stand it. I have to ask to be reserved. :lol:
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Preferred Name - Di
    Model's Name - Naomi Rivers
    Headshot
    [img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/diddlyzip/Decent/head_zps8cf62fc9.png "width=640"[/img]
    Bodyshot
    ody_zps9ae647c8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited June 2014
    this looks interesting i'll join I just re-installed all my sims3 games my laptop was stuffed and I had to get a new hardrive! :cry: so im gonna go CC shopping!!

XxReserve me!xX

btw are we allowed extras in the mock?
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

• Options
    TheAyaseFanaticTheAyaseFanatic Posts: 205 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oooh reserve me!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Cyan - Reserved :mrgreen:

@Di - Love your model! Your mock looks fantastic!

@Dats - Will do :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oooh reserve me!

Reserved :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    this looks interesting i'll join I just re-installed all my sims3 games my laptop was stuffed and I had to get a new hardrive! :cry: so im gonna go CC shopping!!

XxReserve me!xX

btw are we allowed extras in the mock?

I'm going to say no to extras this assignment unfortunately but I'm sure you'll come up with something great :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bump!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Bump! Hoping to see some judge application and more reserves or models :wink:
  • Options
    datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited June 2014
    ok np and yes ive got a very interesting idea in my head already!
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

• Options
    edited June 2014
    ok np and yes ive got a very interesting idea in my head already!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hmm, I like the concept, but I dont know if I should join or not :-o
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Rikizzia wrote:
    Hmm, I like the concept, but I dont know if I should join or not :-o

If this helps : most of the assignments from A1 onwards have more gruesome and ghostly themes :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bump!