Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Artisan's Glassblowing and Jewelry making station

I'm not sure if this has been asked before.

When you have the gatherer trait and you send metals to be smelted, there is a chance you get more than one back. Is that also true with the smelting capabilities of the jewelry making station, or is it forever one for one?

I still love it even if it is so, because I love the glass blowing animation!! It would be a very nice bonus if it is though!! :D

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    Good question!

I love this pc item and use it a lot. My simself currently has a 'jewellery shop' so she's been smelting a lot of metals, I can't say I've noticed any extra ones. I think it's just one-for-one, but she doesn't have that trait so I'm not 100% sure.
  • Options
    PhierakittenPhierakitten Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you so much for the reply!! <3

Does anyone else have any experience with the station? I love it!! The jewelry is really just fluff since you can get it in CAS but the glass blowing is great to watch!! The smelting, of course is free.

I usually play at least one werewolf in my houses so I usually have lots of metal that needs smelting. I always play one with the gatherer trait. I'm just trying to figure out if it's more cost effective to use the station or just the mail.

Edited for grammar and cohesiveness. Ps: grammar isn't my strong suit so polite pointers are appreciated but not required, I know I can't write!! <3
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry for being off topic, but I love your avvie Phierakitten!

I wish I could make Sims that are that pretty.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    the glass blowing is great to watch!!

Me again! :P

Just had to agree with this! The animations on this are perfect! I was watching a T.V show about glass-blowing the other day and I was like... yep, they got it the technique spot on! And the sim's face is great to watch too.

For me though, the jewellery isn't 'fluff' (funny word! :lol: ) because I'm actually selling the jewellery boxes with mods. :D
  • Options
    fariecatfariecat Posts: 69 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I am a glass blower & my daughter bought me the set. I think its a hoot! They did very well with it & I wont critique it because its a silly fun game :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've gotten extra ingot on occasion -- don't remember if my Sim had the Gatherer trait or not.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited May 2014
    The glass blowing jewelry making station is one of my favorite things for my sims to own. My sims that have it do a lot of glass blowing for decorative purposes and gift giving. The jewelry I have them make for themselves and then just sell the other pieces. Fun stuff.
  • Options
    Heatherb596Heatherb596 Posts: 94 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hope you don't mind me asking this question on here as it's a technical fault really - I haven't been able to play with this because of the noise it makes when my Sim returns home. Do you know if this was fixed? I wasn't sure if I should reinstall.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hope you don't mind me asking this question on here as it's a technical fault really - I haven't been able to play with this because of the noise it makes when my Sim returns home. Do you know if this was fixed? I wasn't sure if I should reinstall.

Try the advice in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Song-keeps-playing-and-won-t-stop/td-p/162220

Sounds like there are simple solutions for this by quitting opportunities, or quitting jobs. I seem to remember chatting about it a while back but can't remember the solution. I haven't had any issue with the glassblowing.