Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~Birthday Horse Request~

Hello Dear Simmers and Friends,

:oops: Today is my birthday and I was hoping that someone who is skilled and talented at creating horses could make me the horse pictured below. Its a real simple horse I'm just not that good at color blending. The horse in question is a beautiful Palomino. The information is provided. I hope that someone can help me out :mrgreen:

Image of Horse:
202051-4.jpg

Name: Argo
Tack: Western
Traits: Brave, Obedient, Quiet
Additional Markings: (Image example provided)
Dapples if possible if not its okay!
Image of Markings Desired:
darkpaloMorgan.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GypsyWynd1GypsyWynd1 Posts: 154 Member
    edited April 2014
    Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear ElijahsBabyGurl9, happy birthday too you and many more to come. :)

I will give this a try. Then I will show you a photo and if you like it, then she will be yours and if not, that is fine too. I sooo love palomino in all of it various shades, from almost white to almost black.

Also, the palomino with the dapples has a bit more dark sootyness to it's coat, then the horse above, do you want that sootyness? Maybe I will try to make one of each and then you can choose or have both even. Dapples can be a bit tricky, trying to make them look realistic anyhow. When things don't look realistic to my eye, it drives me crazy, but I'll see what can be done with what the program has to work with.

My macho cowboy, step-dad had a sooty dappled palomino like that. It was an ornery critter and bucked him clear to the moon practically, but it was very pretty horse.

Hey, speaking of cowboys, do you ever attend any of those Buckaroo ranch style rodeos, that they have up there, around Klamath Falls? I've been wanting to come up and go to some of them but haven't been able to make it yet. I always see the posters around. I think they have a trade show and clinic too, for the old fashioned style of Vaquero Horsemanship. I would so love to attend that. Klamath Falls always has so many interesting things to do. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited April 2014
    :D :oops: Thank you very much 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for the birthday wishes and for taking on my request. Yep, I've attended a few of the rodeo's they are super fun. In May we are having the Wilderness Skills and Horse Packing Clinic coming to our town. I plan on going to that. Its free and it'll be alot of fun.

As for the horse(s), you can make both of them and I can either chose between them or get them both. If you do make both of them, the Sooty Dappled one can be the stallion. I've actually never seen a Sooty Dappled Palomino before. The Palomino is one of my favorite horse colors. I've loved them since I was little. I'm looking forward to what you can do. I've got the HD Horse coat Mod in my game so they may look different.

Again thanks so much for doing this. I honestly didn't know what to expect from the community by asking such a request. :shock: :oops:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I started working on a smutty dappled one and I was going to open your example photo here, on my Droid Phone, so that I could look at hm as I go but then the battery went dead. So I had to find another reference photo to go by, which is this paint guy here below. He is quite lovely and has a beautiful blue eye on the side you can't see. So he is my model, for my dappling experiment. The only problem is he isn't as dark as the one in your photo, he is more tawny. The horse that I am working on is turning out more tawny too.

Oops, well the photo didn't work so well. You will have to wait to see the Sim horse. :lol:

Any how, I will use this dappled guy for the experiment, which I think is going to turn out well. At least so far any how. The dapples are going to take a while to get put on though. I have to shrink them down, in order to make them the proper scale, to look as realistic as possible. So they don't cover very much space on the horse. I hope I don't run out of layers. :lol: Appaloosas and dapples take a lot of layers.

After I finish this one, then I'll do the Golden Palomino mare. After that, maybe I'll do the darker smutty guy too. Pretty soon we will have a whole herd of Palominos. :lol:

Yeah, my aunt and her husband like to go up there to those Rodeos and clinics and what not. Maybe one of these days I'll finally make it too. A few years ago, I used to come up to Klamath Falls, with my dog, to take the obedience clinics that they have up there, at that big dog boarding and training place. Now I can't remember what it is called. It's a nice facility though.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    GypsyWynd1 wrote:
    Pretty soon we will have a whole herd of Palominos. :lol: A few years ago, I used to come up to Klamath Falls, with my dog, to take the obedience clinics that they have up there, at that big dog boarding and training place. Now I can't remember what it is called. It's a nice facility though.

Nothing wrong with a whole Palomino herd I think it'd be quite pretty. The facility your thinking of is Double-C Dog Training. They are a wonderful place to train dogs and board them too. I take mine there all the time. :D
  • Options
    matmoatematmoate Posts: 722 Member
    edited April 2014
    Popping in to say...

Happy birthday Elijah!

I hope you enjoy your special day (and your future Palominos, haha)!

orig-17089591.jpg

Crazy office parties lol :mrgreen:
    5bo6s7.png
  • Options
    simssupastarsimssupastar Posts: 40 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I could give it a try!
    Also Happy Birthday!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I posted mine on the exchange
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ok, so here is the Golden Palomino. I had to take a break from the dapples, so I did her. If you like er but you don't like the long mane, I can change that. Also, I don't know what markings you wanted so I will have to look at you notes. I tend to like horses with lots of white markings and that have looong manes.

goldenpalo2a.jpg

goldenpalo_head01.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2014
    I love the golden mare she is really beautiful! Is there a way that you can make her coloring just a tad more darker like in the first picture? If not its perfectly fine. The long mane looks pretty on her I think I'll keep it that way. I'm looking forward to seeing how the dapples look. And if you like you can add the sooty highlights to her coat if you don't wanna make two horses. She can be the Sooty Dappled Palomino I'm looking for. ~^_^~ Again thanks so much for doing this Gyspy. And @Simsupastar thanks so much for making me the horse as well. I'll add yours to my little Palomino herd and when I get them in game I'll post a picture here ^_^
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I love the golden mare she is really beautiful! Is there a way that you can make her coloring just a tad more darker like in the first picture? If not its perfectly fine. The long mane looks pretty on her I think I'll keep it that way. I'm looking forward to seeing how the dapples look. And if you like you can add the sooty highlights to her coat if you don't wanna make two horses. She can be the Sooty Dappled Palomino I'm looking for. ~^_^~ Again thanks so much for doing this Gyspy. And @Simsupastar thanks so much for making me the horse as well. I'll add yours to my little Palomino herd and when I get them in game I'll post a picture here ^_^

Hello! I'll see if I can go up a bit in color with out it getting to be too unrealistically, orange. I will save this color that she is now and then try it. It tk me a few tries to get her to what she is now and I saved every stage. :lol: Some of her color stages will make nice buckskins. Thanks to your little challenge here, I am getting a nice little collection of color templates, that I won't have to do again, when I need that color. So it's all good.

I'm not going to give up on the smutty dappled palomino either. Although, he may end up with a few color stages, before arriving at the right color. Getting him to be as realistic as possible, is even more of a challenge. If his gold color is too orange and his dark areas too dark, he will look like a Halloween horse. And no dapples, as big as apples. LOL. I'm kind of a nit picker about realism, if even one small portion seems off whack, it will drive me mad. LOL. It's one of my weird quirks. :lol: I am enjoying your challenge. In fact I notice you present quite a few horsie related challenges. :lol: I saw your photos of reverse dappled horses, that you challenged another gal with.

My one hope, is that you aren't in a big hurry? :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm glad that you like a challenge. And no I'm not in a hurry I give the creators who take on my requests as much time as they need with their creations to get them EXACTLY to what both me and they are looking for. So please take as much time as you need. Granted, the reversed dapple didn't come out quite like I was picturing but I loved the outcome none that less. I MIGHT post that one again to see what others can do. And I'm also glad that I'm helping you get the template colors that you need. I look forward to the final result on both horses :oops: :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for downloading my horse i made for you ^.^ hope you enjoy her!! goodluck with your herd cant wait to see the pic of your herd :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi ElijahsBabyGurl9, I hope you didn't think that I disappeared. Monday and Tuesday were both crazy days. I did get to work on the horses but not as much as I would have liked.

Here is the Golden palomino made darker and then with some faint dappling, like what the horse in the top photo looks like he has. And then something interesting, he even turned out to have some mild reverse dappling, which was not something that I was going for, it just kind of happened. You can see it in the last, up close photo.

I then took this darker Palomino and added the hot chocolate colored smut and dapples which are looking pretty good I think but, as I was getting to the last few applications, I have run out of layers. So, it's either try to find the mod, that I saw the other day, that allows for 100s of layers, or take off the dapples that he has and then put on large ones that take up more space. Which is what i think I will do because I am afraid that putting more layers would perhaps create a horse that, slows your program down. So, hopefully I can enlarge the dapples just enough to do the trick, with out them looking too over sized, out of scale and unreal. I think I will have that one done tomorrow.

drkgoldenpalo03.jpg

drkgoldenpalo06.jpg

drkgoldenpalo07a.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Wow!! Now the mare looks like what I was picturing both with the image and in my head she is very lovely! The hot cocoa coloring looks very nice on the horse I like how it brings out the golden in the coat. Here is the Mod that you are looking for: http://escommunity.proboards.com/thread/2054/100-layers-mod It also has some other mods that are useful just DO NOT get the Herd Editor mod it will literally over run your town with wild horses to the point to where it can cause a crash. I've had it happen a few times when I was experimenting with that Mod. Its one to be wary of. Its the last Mod in that group just so you know.

And don't worry about using to many layers I tend to nearly max out the layers on my own horses sometimes and my game runs fairy fine. It can handle up to about 54 layers or so before it starts getting laggy. I am very much looking forward to the horses! :D The reversed dappling looks simply stunning I like how that turned out on the coat. That horse will have/make some beautiful foals :oops:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Is this last Darker Golden Horse, one you want to keep then? And is it the one that will be Argo and have all of the attributes, that you have listed above? Also, I am assuming that you want it to be a Quarter Horse, like the top photo and have the same white markings? I am having a hard time seeing what is on that horses face, but it looks like maybe either a thin blaze or race.

I am going to continue with the, even darker dappled guy and show him/her to you and if you want it too, then you will need to tell me what it's attributes will be, as well as, breed and white markings, if any? If you don't want it, that is fine too.

Thanks for aiming me toward the "100 layers" maker. I did get it, because it is hard to stay with just a few layers on any dappled horse, or appaloosa horse. Dun horses with lots of Dun Factor can take up a lot too. Now that I solved my problem with Dogs and Cats not having a face, I will no doubt need more layers for my Dog creations too.

Yes, I definitely will not get the mod that spawns more wild horses. I am already running into problems in my tiny builders world, with it spawning random foals, on all of my lots with horses. I really need to delete those foals but amazingly, the game is spawning nice, pretty foals and not odd looking ones. So I am having a hard time parting with them. I'm going to have to though cause it is causing big troubles in my game. I wish there was a mod to turn off the community pet adoption thing that spawns random pets in large numbers. I think they need to revise the Sims Pets and allow for a spay/neuter program for dogs and cats and geld all non breeding stallions. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The darker Palomino horse will be Argo. And yes she is a AQH. The white marking on the face is a thin blaze I believe. But I'm thinking of making it a badger face marking similar to the one below. I'd love to see the darker dappled stallion, Argo will need a pretty mate. As far as markings, all four legs can have white socks and the face can have a large white blaze. I also like horses with lots of white markings, especially Palominos. For his traits he can have Quiet, Agile, and Obedient. His name can be Flash. And the Stallion is also an AQH.

Facial marking for Mare:
    Bald_Face_Copyrighted.jpg

Facial Marking for Stallion:
    Essie%20face%20markings.jpg

And your welcome about the Mod. I try to keep the pages with useful mods handy. I never know when someone will need them. Hope the above info is helpful.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok, here they are. The mare first and the stallion second. As I was looking at these photos, I just realized that there is a spot on the stallions belly that could us one more blob of dapples. Other then that, he and she are done, I think.

argoh.jpg

argoe.jpg

flash01.jpg

flash06.jpg

flash04.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yep, I'd say they are both just perfect. Thank you so much for doing them both especially the stallion since he was an extra. I really appreciate it. You can upload them to the Exchange if you like I have no problems with sharing. But before you upload the stallion is there any chance that you can um, remove the 'parts' that make him a stallion? :oops: I don't have that mod/cc in my game as it messes with it something bad. Other than that I love them :D:mrgreen:

Just so you know, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dear, I feel like I owe you big time for this ~^_^~
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yep, I'd say they are both just perfect. Thank you so much for doing them both especially the stallion since he was an extra. I really appreciate it. You can upload them to the Exchange if you like I have no problems with sharing. But before you upload the stallion is there any chance that you can um, remove the 'parts' that make him a stallion? :oops: I don't have that mod/cc in my game as it messes with it something bad. Other than that I love them :D:mrgreen:

Just so you know, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dear, I feel like I owe you big time for this ~^_^~

Hey, maybe I should just do away with that Stallion Junk Mod. I forgot about others possibly not having it. Also, maybe it is what is causing some problems in my game too.

Don't worry about owing me. I had fun. If you are happy, that makes me happy too. :D Happy, happy, happy! :D

I will get them rounded up and on the Exchange shortly. I will let you know, when they are there.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    :D Great I'm looking forward to getting them both ingame ^_^. I've also decided to make you a horse as my thanks. You had mentioned that you like horses with lots of white markings so I hope that you like the stallion I made. I'm super proud of him. He'll be up on the Exchange in a short while. I just have some finishing touches to make :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Argo and Flash are up and ready to go. Sorry for the delay but my computer has been such a bear of a problem today. It is just sooo slow and keeps freezing. I finally stopped and went and zipped a bunch of files and deleted a bunch of photos hopping that a little house keeping would help. I even deleted one of my Sims worlds just in case, it thought I have too many worlds open. I'm not sure yet, if all of that helped.

In the photos Flash still looks like he has his unmentionables but he doesn't. I just never took new pictures, after his reduction surgery. LOL.

I hope you have fun with your new horses. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    :D Great I'm looking forward to getting them both ingame ^_^. I've also decided to make you a horse as my thanks. You had mentioned that you like horses with lots of white markings so I hope that you like the stallion I made. I'm super proud of him. He'll be up on the Exchange in a short while. I just have some finishing touches to make :D

You made me a horse! :D That was sweet of you. The way I see it, there can never be too many horses, or too many dogs.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Is Buckaroo the one you made last night? I think he looks pretty, so I am going to dl him. Now that my cowboy had to part with Argo, he needs a new horse. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    No, Buckaroo is not the horse I made for you that one is having some issues. Thank you for Dlding him though. He's a foal born from my 50 Foals Challenge. I'll have your horse done today ^_^' Computers and their endless issues... :roll: I'm really glad you like him though he turned out really good. His mother just gave birth to two foals. One a Uni one not. Here's what they look like:
    2m78dvo.jpg
    Thunder Snow is the darker colt and his sister is the Uni her name is Dew Drop. Their father is in my studio he's the Gold and White Zebra Uni. They both turned out really pretty. :oops:

• Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited May 2014
    Those do look pretty, they look sparkly in the dark form that picture XD
    Z6gfpiv.png?1