Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Digital Download Does Not Recognise Graphics Card

Hello, everyone!

I have recently reinstalled my games after a massive glitch caused my save games to corrupt. I started installing my games via cd, then my Showtime disc was apparently too scratched and wouldn't install, so I tried to install the game via Origin. Origin told me to uninstall the base game and reinstall the base game via origin for the downloads to work. This was a bit annoying, but I did it anyway without uninstalling my EPs that I had already installed (I read somewhere that it was ok to do this).

Well, everything has installed just fine (including a digital download of Into the Future because I lost the disc for that too -_-). But now, whenever I load the game without any cc or mods, it keeps crashing.

My graphics card is a Geforce GTX 780M, so it's very new. I know that I have to change the graphicscard.sgr and the graphicsrules.sgr files to include my card, which I have done, but for love nor money, the game will not recognise my graphics card! It worked perfectly when I had installed it all via disc, but not now.

My computer specs are as follows:

Windows 8 64 Bit
Intel i7 4700MQ Quad Core Processor 2.4Ghz
16GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory
Samsung M8 1TB 8MB Cache SATA Hard Drive
Plextor PX-256M5M 256GB MSATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB (with it's latest drivers)

Screenshots for reference:

12050800194_d756ea713d_z.jpg
12051264536_c1c25a5ecc_z.jpg

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. I'm on patch 1.63.5.024017.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    DecrainDecrain Posts: 893 Member
    edited January 2014
    That's strange.
    Are you 100% sure that the game recognise the card when installed from disc? How did you discover that the game does not recognise it now?

I was pretty positive that the game does not recognise the 7xx series at all when paired with intel 4600 no matter what medium it was installed from. This is normal, and should not make any difference (there is something wrong with nvidia driver, confirmed by nvidia tech team). If you have everything set up properly in Nvidia Control Panel, then the card should switch properly, but in DeviceConfig it will still say it use Intel. It's just a "name mismatch" and you should be able to still play without any problems on high settings.