Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Face Off Cycle 3 - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

b6h8.png
Hello and welcome to cycle 3 of one of the most fun headshot competitions

This is a fashion headshot competition. The second cycle just finished up and it was a lot of fun. This competition is fun and inspires people to take simple headshots and turn them into beautiful masterpieces.

Judging is done quite uniquely in this competition. There is no actual rubric. There is a list of judging criteria that changes with each assignment. The judges use that criteria to form critiques about each photo. As well as the lack of a rubric, the way the comments are delivered is unique. The comments made by the judges are aimed at your model specifically. There is an addition to the scoring this cycle, so be sure to read the scoring information below for ALL details.

There will be a theme this cycle. Battle of the Sexes. It will be a little trickier this cycle, but I think it will be a lot of fun. Here's how it will work this cycle...

You may enter only one model: either a male model or a female model.

Each round, the models will be ranked separately and one male model and one female model will be eliminated each round. Once we get down to one female and one male model left, there will be a finale where they will compete against each other to be crowned the winner of Face Off Cycle 3.

I know that a lot of you are busy, but I hope to get some interested contestants. This will be a fairly simple competition that will require you to create nothing by headshots, so I hope that you will find the time to squeeze this in.

hq.png
No negativity of any kind is allowed - this includes belittling yourself
Editing is allowed and highly recommended
NO face-plastering or photo-skinning
You are allowed to draw your own clothing or objects
Only 2 extensions per person per cycle - yes I will be keeping track
Only 2 days MAX extensions are allowed - you must ask for one at
least 24 hours in advanced
Assignments last 7 days - that's lots of time, which means I may choose not
to extend it for you
Deadlines are set at Pacific Standard Times - adjust accordingly
Please don't drop - if you are too busy or think you will drop, DON'T SIGN UP!
Have fun and be creative

eug3.png
model_42.png

Needs to Check In

Checked In

Assignment Submitted
9fz47l.jpg14mqeye.jpg

Extension Granted
Leah |
Kirsty ||
Bubbles |
Sweet |
Tacha |

13sh.png

1epl.png8e01.pngk0qt.png

Thread @ Sims 3 Unbound
6rj4Q13.png

Comments

• Options
    BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited May 2014
    0bv8.png

!!!PLEASE LOOK AT THEIR PORTFOLIOS BELOW TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE!!!

FINAL ASSIGNMENT: SHATTERED HEADSHOT

Here we are at the final assignment of Face Off Cycle 3! This is an epic finale between the sexes: Dana represents the lovely females and Bubbles represents the fierce males!

This is it...a real toughie for the finale!!

Yep, you are going to have to be really creative, think outside the box, and use those wonderful editing skills! Your models will be sporting shattered heads!!

You can decide however you want to show your model's head shattering (I suggest you look at cycle 1 of Epic Designs for inspiration from all the fabulous contestants who had this assignment). You can show your model's head dissolving, shattering, exploding with words, digitally falling apart, etc. The ways to do this are endless.

Good luck :)

Requirements
    One photo
    Shoulders Up
    Shattered Head
    Creative
    THIN black border

Scoring Criteria
    Photo quality
    Creativity of styling
    Requirements met
    Editing Technique
    Shattered Head
    High Fashion Appeal
    Overall appearance

Example:
    Take a look at the Epic Designs entries for inspiration
    DEADLINE: MAY 14th @ 9PM PST

bt7i.png

JUDGING FOR THE FINALE IS DIFFERENT! READ BELOW FOR INFORMATION:

The finalists will be critiqued based on their ENTIRE portfolio of images from the cycle. Here's how it'll work...

First...The contestants' portfolios are located below. The lurkers and simming community will be able to vote for their favorite based on the entire cycle.
    Second...The judges will deliberate on the finale photos and each contestants' portfolio.
    Third...The judges will go over all the images from the cycle and rate each one out of 10 points. Those points will be added up for a total out of 100 points from each judge.
    Fourth...The crowd favorite, voted on by the community, will earn an extra 5 points towards their overall score.

That's how we'll determine the winner!

0iuc.png

Bubbles & Darrick Street
    13977100019_a708ecffff_o.png

Dana & Ana Strauss
    2yvs01j.jpg

8wdzs2.jpg

BUBBLES & DARRICK
    *Click on each image to see its full size*
    snoxlk.jpg 2alv83.jpg35kixr8.jpg2le1nrq.jpg14kekau.jpg
    othr2s.jpg2ujtjsy.jpg25euul5.jpg973dxy.jpg28wl9mq.jpg

DANA & ANA
    *Click on each image to see its full size*
    2zq4n6t.jpg 2vcvorn.jpgt6qey0.jpg686lvc.jpg2zok6iq.jpg
    nlz7lh.jpg2a7hon5.jpg2j10k1w.jpg2wppi12.jpg4dysp.jpg

VOTING CLOSED
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ocuh.png

WOWZA!!

This has been one of the best cycles of Face Off I've ever hosted. It produced some of the most beautiful images and spectacular contestants. I loved seeing everyone change and grow each round and I loved the new element of the men vs. women! It provided some stunning competition!

But, we're at the finale, unfortunately, and it's time to crown a winner.

Dana & Bubbles - You are both fantastic competitors and you both showed how amazing you are. You deserve to be here and you both are so fabulous at what you do that I'm so jealous of your talents!

Ella & Darla - You two are fabulous help and wonderful judges. Thank you so much for helping me out this cycle!

This was a very close competition, but here's how the winner was selected...

Each contestant's finale photo was ranked by the judges. 1st place was given 5 points per judge for a total of 15 points. 2nd place was given 4 points per judge for a total of 12 points.

Then the judges took a look at the past 10 assignments and ranked each of your photos out of 10 points for a possible total out of 100.

Finally, the crowd favorite earned an extra 5 points.

All the scores were added together to determine the winner. They are broken down for you under your siggies :) Good luck!

==============================================================

:)
    :P
    The WINNER Is...
    DANA & ANA STRAUSS
    296 points

Siggy:
    20zticz.jpg
    [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20zticz.jpg[/IMG]

1epl.png
    Finale Photo - Stunning. Do I need to say more? Okay, I will…Ana, this is a beautiful final photo. You chose a unique concept and your editing team did a marvelous job. I love the amount of shattering going on and how you truly look like ALL of you is dissolving, not just your face. Your shoulder, your arm, all of you. It’s beautiful. I like the setting as well, but I’m curious why space and steampunk? I would think more like copper, bronze, or blimps, or something else than space…hmm just a thought. Your team rocked the finale photo and you posed for a beautiful shot.

Portfolio - Your portfolio is a stunning representation of how versatile you are and how marvelous your team is as a whole. You were able to produce very excellent fashion photos each assignment and you were able to take on various looks quite nicely! You should be VERY proud of your set of work here.

1st Picture: 9
    2nd Picture: 8
    3rd Picture: 7
    4th Picture: 10
    5th Picture: 9
    6th Picture: 9
    7th Picture: 10
    8th Picture: 10
    9th Picture: 9
    10th Picture: 10

Total: 91/100

k0qt.png
    Finale Photo - This is a beautiful picture Ana. It’s very dramatic. I’m a fan of steampunk/pirate so this was up my alley. I want to kiss stylist for making you over this week. The hair is lovely, especially the color. I love the outfit you have on, and the makeup looks beautiful. I find myself staring at your eyes even though they’re closed. I couldn’t tell if you were out in space or not, it felt like you were. I liked the lens flare effect. That added to the drama of the photo. The shatter technique your editor used was fantastic. The only critique I have is where did your arm go. I don’t see evidence of one being there. That was the only thing missing for me in an otherwise flawless finale picture. Well done Ana.

Portfolio - What I really loved about your portfolio was Ana’s eyes. I was drawn to them in each and every picture. It didn’t matter the color either. They were always mesmerizing.

1st picture: 9
    2nd picture: 9
    3rd picture: 9
    4th picture: 10
    5th picture: 9
    6th picture: 10
    7th picture: 8
    8th picture: 10
    9th picture: 9
    10th picture: 10

Total: 93/100

8e01.png
    Finale Photo - This is one incredible finale assignment photo, Ana. I can definitely see the effort all areas of your team put in. Honestly, was not expecting a Steampunk theme for this assignment, I thought it was a very creative choice. Your stylist styled you perfectly for this assignment, everything was well fitting, loved the dress. Your editors hair drawing looks great, definitely made the falling effect look a lot more believable. I noticed Ana was lacking some dramatic makeup (such as eyeshadow) that would have boosted the high fashion appeal of your image, but this was a minor thing. The shatter effect your editor added was very impressive indeed. As I mentioned earlier, it is believable the your model is falling through space, a slight tilt your image or even just your model would have made her look more as if she was falling. This was a really impressive image Darla. Great job.

Portfolio - Each one of your images in your portfolio are simply gorgeously done, Dana. You did an spectacular job in this competition. As for Ana, she is such an enticing model, with gorgeous eyes. You have a distinctive style with your images, which I really loved throughout.

1st Picture: 10
    3rd Picture: 8
    5th Picture: 9
    6th Picture: 10
    7th Picture: 10
    8th Picture: 8
    9th Picture: 9

TOTAL: 92/100

Runner Up
    BUBBLES & DARRICK STREET

285 points

Siggy:
    6fbgna.jpg
    [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/6fbgna.jpg[/IMG]

1epl.png
    Finale Photo - I love that we get to see the softer side of you this week Darrick. This is truly an emotional piece of work and it’s stunning. Your editing team did a wonderful job with the shattering effect – however, shouldn’t it be shattering on the other side of your head? I’m not sure, because I’m no expert, and it didn’t influence my opinion of the shot, I just was curious about that. Your tears and facial expression are so powerful here. I love this so much. Unfortunately, it didn’t quite fit the editorial element of the competition. It’s beautiful, please don’t think it isn’t, but technically speaking, it’s not high fashion. I do love you and I love this. Your team produced an epic finale photo.

Portfolio – Your portfolio was my favorite of the entire group (and that’s saying a lot since we had amazing contestants). You have such a unique look, but you still manage to fit into every single assignment perfectly. My favorites are assignments 3 and 4 because of your eye contact. I LOVE your fierce eyes! This is something to REALLY be proud of!

1st Picture: 9
    3rd Picture: 10
    5th Picture: 10
    7th Picture: 8
    8th Picture: 7
    9th Picture: 10

Total: 91/100

k0qt.png
    Finale Photo - This is such a powerful image Darrick. It feels raw and is very moving. I loved the editing your team did for the shattering effect. I can feel what is happening by looking at the picture. This is one of my favorite pictures of yours in this competition. I am concerned that I didn’t get the fashion aspect from this. This was more like a PSA image rather than an editorial. So the high fashion appeal was lost to me. The image itself is simply wonderful. Very clean and filled with emotion and this made me misty eyed. Stunning photo this week Darrick.

Portfolio - What can I say about your portfolio. It is truly remarkable. Darrick you’re like a chameleon. Each picture shows a different side of yourself and it was such a treat to watch you push the limit just a little bit more every week.

1st picture: 9
    2nd picture: 9
    3rd picture: 8
    4th picture: 10
    5th picture: 10
    6th picture: 10
    7th picture: 8
    8th picture: 9
    9th picture: 10
    10th picture: 9

Total: 92/100

8e01.png
    Finale Photo - This image has such an emotive and sensitive message, it is very striking. It hurts to see you in so much pain here, Darrick. Your photographer chose a pose that showed true sadness of this image, however your image lacks in high fashion appeal that was required, some dramatic, dynamic lighting would have worked the trick. Your set designer lacked a little creativity with the background, it wasn't really interesting but it did not take the focus away from your model, so it works in that respect. The shatter effect your editor use was really amazing, I loved how it looked.. very artistic. On the whole, this was an impressive image, I really had to nitpick to give critique. This is a really awesome job and you should be very proud of this image.

Portfolio - Your portfolio is really impressive, Bubbles. Darrick is such a handsome and versatile model who pulled off all types of assignment throughout the competition from bionic to transforming to a female version of himself seamlessly. You should really be proud of your progress and achievement.

1st Picture: 8
    3rd Picture: 9
    5th Picture: 10
    7th Picture: 8
    8th Picture: 9
    9th Picture: 10
    10th Picture: 9

TOTAL: 90/100
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    lucycat101lucycat101 Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited January 2014
    Wow! I love the battle of the sexes idea! Reserve me please :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I sure will, Lucy, but I wanted to be sure you saw that I changed the rule allowing two models to be submitted. You may now only enter one male or one female.

This is because if the finale is to be between a male and female, it wouldn't work if the two final contestants were by the same person :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Username: lucycat101 (call me Luce :D)
    Model's Name: Collin Prince
    Headshot:
    7859c3bf-840c-4575-9911-8e012acdc427_zps90323492.jpg?t=1389501443
    Bodyshot:
    2832dfe9-b152-4724-8db8-66f3b733d47f_zps5da75dbd.jpg?t=1389501576
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I sure will, Lucy, but I wanted to be sure you saw that I changed the rule allowing two models to be submitted. You may now only enter one male or one female.

This is because if the finale is to be between a male and female, it wouldn't work if the two final contestants were by the same person :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Ahh, okay :)
    I'll just keep Collin in, thanks :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sounds good :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    KISRTYF1KISRTYF1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited January 2014
    Bump - Cant wait for this, will have my app in today via unbound.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    GalaxyAlwaysGalaxyAlways Posts: 2,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    Ahh I've been waiting for this comp! Reserve me please, I'm going to wait and see if you need more males or females. :3
    iwls1x.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ahh I've been waiting for this comp! Reserve me please, I'm going to wait and see if you need more males or females. :3

I wanted to double check before I make an assumption...are you StarFilledGalaxy on Unbound? :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited January 2014
    Gr, gr, gr... I can't help myself~ May I reserve?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Heck yes :) what's your name on Unbound again so I have it all in my head correctly lol
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm Jaybee. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I wanted to double check before I make an assumption...are you StarFilledGalaxy on Unbound? :)

Yes, I am. :P

Is there any way to change that? I don't like it anymore.. x3
    iwls1x.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hannah: That's what I thought, but I am so bad at mixing people up sometimes...lol

Galaxy: You have to have a mod change it for you...which I am co-admin with Bliss :) so just tell me what you want to change it to and I can fix it.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hannah: That's what I thought, but I am so bad at mixing people up sometimes...lol

Galaxy: You have to have a mod change it for you...which I am co-admin with Bliss :) so just tell me what you want to change it to and I can fix it.

Just Galaxy would be great, thanks Beech! ^-^
    iwls1x.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I will fix it on Unbound for you now :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Hey, just wanted to let you know, I've got Unbound, too. Same name. Anyways, here's my assignment. I really didn't want to go full out scary devil and compromise Collin's handsome features XD *is cheeky* so I did it kind of like the devil in disguise. I hope you like it :)

463a62c3-7fcd-438a-aee3-116072048f9e_zpsa9bf2b52.jpg?t=1389583860
  • Options
    KISRTYF1KISRTYF1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited January 2014
    bump :D.
    0EbLrhU.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Great, Luce :)
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Bump!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited January 2014
    Really giving this one some thought (tempting). May I ask how much editing will be required :?:
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Username: HannahJayneBebs (Or, as I said, Jaybee over on Unbound~)
    Model Name: Tanner Lace
    Headshot:

15728nd.png

Bodyshot:

144d07r.png