Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot buy sim points - have had no trouble before - PLEASE help

Hi i have not had any trouble with buying sim points with my account details before, and there is nothing wrong with my card details. But everything seems fine when i go to by sim points except unless i am from America - which i am not i cannot by points. I only bought points for the last two weeks no problem. But this morning it does not give me the option to pick New Zealand. My details should already be there anyway, and i am missing out on buying sim points,when they are on special right now , it's not fair. I could be buying double the amount of points for half price right now - I am going to miss out. Please help fix this, because i shouldn't have to miss out because my details have not changed. :(:(:(:(

Comments

• Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm a little confused with what you mean by the SimPoints being half price; there hasn't been a sale on SimPoints in a very long time through the Store, and there definitely isn't one now, at least not for most of the world (and I'm in Australia, so if there's an NZ sale, I presume it'd be here too).

First, make sure your language at the top of the page is set to the right country (English --> New Zealand), THEN click on the Buy SimPoints bundle. You won't be able to change your location when you're already choosing your bundle and entering your details. If that's not letting you pick your bundle and enter your details as per usual, what exactly is coming up when you get to that page? Are you just not able to enter your details, is an error coming up, etc.? Please be as specific as possible with the steps you ARE doing and where the problem is occurring.

Also, just to be clear, you are trying to buy the points from this website (directly through the Store), right?

a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    LuckieoneLuckieone Posts: 478 Member
    edited November 2013
    I was trying to be clear as to what i meant, but was confused as well. You were right and very helpful, the flag at the top was set on another country and not New Zealand and was not set on English. I did not Know to check this as i am on a better computer now and my old one i never checked this as it was already set to New Zealand and on English. Thank you again for your help kellycot1 :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited November 2013
    That's perfectly understandable. Things can get a little mixed up when you're already feeling confused. Just a friendly reminder though that it's against the forum rules to post the same question in a few different threads and forums; it's not a big deal, but you might want to be aware of that in the future. You can read more about the forum rules here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279031.page

Anyway, you're welcome Luckieone! Happy simming!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)