Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My TS4 Wishlist

Note: These are just the things I want to see most off my wishlist (in no particular order), it's by no means exhaustive (although if I think of more stuff I might add it) :wink:

Ponytail hairstyles for guys, and not just the completely pulled back kind either, some loose strands are welcome :wink:
    Babies (newborns, not just toddlers) with legs
    Pianos and Violins (hopefully) in the base game! (and hopefully an upright piano is included please!)
    More electric guitars (and at least one
electric bass please) throughout the series. At least one of these or even these!
    Aliens in the base game
    (At some point) Accordions, Harps, Pipe Organs
    The return of weather & seasons
    Singing and Dancing as their own
full skills
    More computer designs. Don't just make all flatscreens and laptops again. Please make a couple of flatbeds and towers!
    Writing pads/journals. If not to build writing skill and/or do your homework in, at least our sims could have a diary, yes?
    Staircases with
landings
    Modern looking elevators like
this one
    Archery and Swordplay/Fencing (because we got archery in the store but fencing was eliminated)
    Fixable car for skill building (think there was one in TS2?)
    Illness, like colds, flu and chickenpox. Nothing lifethreatening, but treatable with medicine or a trip to the doctor's office.
    Medicine cabinets for storing medicine, sunscreen, mosquito repellant, etc.
    Crutches and wheelchairs that can be used similarly to canes. For the sake of storytelling! Plus, if you're read any of the Curious George books, I'm sure you're familiar with wheelchair racing? :wink:
    Put that hospital to good use! Sims can go there for checkups, get vacinations or visit the doctor if they're not feeling well or hurt themselves. I'm not suggesting broken bones or anything but I'd like it if sims could hurt an arm or a leg and walk around in a light aircast or tensor bandage for a couple of days (which could even be CAS accessories) so that
animations aren't disrupted.
    Blenders/juicers
    Open restaurants and venues
    Arcade machines like we had in TS3 (consoles, whack a gnome, the claw machine, pinball, etc.) and some kind of dance game like 'sim dance revolution'

And finally, but perhaps what I'd like to see most of all (if not I'll be modding my game again), support for more than 8 sims in one household. I'd like to see the cap raised at least to 10, maybe even 16. Although you'd really make my day if we could have up to 24 sims somehow, because that's what I stuck to for portraitpanel :wink:

Comments

• Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well let me see which ones "I" like and don't like.

-Ponytail hairstyles for guys: Yeah sounds good.
    -Babies (newborns, not just toddlers) with legs: But baby swaddling is the best thing ever! Ok... not really, I have no objection nor do I really care.
    -Pianos and Violins (hopefully) in the base game!: Violins are already in the game, unless they are removed, so only pianos to do... and I HIGHLY DOUBT they will forget pianos like The Sims 3 did.
    -More electric guitars (and at least one electric bass please): Yeah sounds good
    -Aliens in the base game: Given I am rooting for playable ghosts that are spruced up and vastly improved from their Sims 3 counterpart and Aliens are secondary to me... Go team Ghosts!
    -(At some point) Accordions, Harps, Pipe Organs: Whoa calm down
    -The return of weather & seasons : Yeah
    -Singing and Dancing as their own full skills : Naw dancing works as a minor skill. I do agree that there should be some sort of visualization of dancing and possibly singing skill (like medals).
    -More computer designs.: YEAH, goodness we never have a selection. Think of a computer like you would a car.
    -Writing pads/journals.: This gets a naw from me. A journal needs to be supported by in game mechanics. This would have worked WAAAAY better in The Sims 2 where memories actually meant something. Where a Journal is better the more well traveled your Sim is.
    -Archery and Swordplay/Fencing : I never thought this really paid off in the games. They are fun activities but I wouldn't want any focus.
    -Fixable car for skill building (think there was one in TS2?) : It was part of Freetime, and I have no complaint about this but not "for skill building" if we are building and tuning a vehicle, it needs some focus.
    -Illness, like colds, flu and chickenpox. Nothing lifethreatening: NOOOO!!! Dear goodness, don't make me smack your keyboard from your hands. Life threatening should definitely be in the mix too.
    -Medicine cabinets for storing medicine, sunscreen, mosquito repellant, etc.: I agree.
    -Crutches and wheelchairs that can be used similarly to canes. For the sake of storytelling!: Ehhhh.... this is a lot harder then it would seem.
    -Put that hospital to good use! Sims can go there for checkups, get vacinations or visit the doctor if they're not feeling well or hurt themselves.: Yeah the hospital could use a few more things.
    -Blenders/juicers : Honestly gardening had fruit DAY 1 and they didn't think of a juicer?
    -Open restaurants and venues : No I agree, dates and outings with people lose a lot of impact when you don't actually eat at a restaurant. While I do appreciate the rabbit hole approach for expediency, I don't appreciate it in all scenarios. (having both open and rabbit hole is fine by me)
    -Arcade machines like we had in TS3 (consoles, whack a gnome, the claw machine, pinball, etc.) and some kind of dance game like 'sim dance revolution' : Sounds great!

Overall, pretty good for the most part. Nothing offensive nothing "I want the moon and sun and the stars!"
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2013
    Great list!

I don't want the medical stuff but I'm 100% on board with everything else! I especially want:

-Blenders-Juicers
    -Open restaurants and social venues
    -Writing pads
    -Archery and sword play
    -More musical instruments (especially in the base game)
    -Weather
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited August 2013
    I didn't realize until after I saw it in the trailer that they may be giving us punching bags as well! I'd almost completely forgotten about exercise equipment but this is still good news!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone know if aliens have been confirmed in the base game or not? I saw someone that claimed weather and pets are out via twitter, but I'm hoping aliens are still in
  • Options
    kencokamokencokamo Posts: 192 Member
    edited August 2013
    I agree the hospital needs to more useful. Since emotions are a big factor in this game I'd like my Sims to go to the hospital or spa for therapy. With the new CAS I think going for plastic surgery would be a good feature too. They had it in TS2 University and I think in TS3 Pets. It could have humorous disastrous results too that they can't get fixed for a couple of days.

Maybe Sims could sell stories about people in they're lives or scandals at their workplace to the newspaper?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'd completely forgotten about it but there's something I really should append...
      Bathing babies (if not in a baby bath, didn't they use the sink in TS2?)
      More social interactions between toddlers: Chattering and babbling together, singing, playing, etc.
      More social interactions between babies/toddlers and parents: Teaching them nursery rhymes, sing lullabies, play games with them, etc.
      More elder interactions: I want to harass people with a cane again!
      PRO BARS IN THE BASE GAME: In case this isn't already a thing, so they can be spread out across eps just like the regular bars were
        Stuff for kids to do: Everyone child and under needs more toys and colouring books!

Also, this hairstyle needs to come back in TS4...

headshot_large.jpg

I'm not saying bring Liam back (although I think people might, just to continue to torture him lol), but that spiky style and others like it.

I'm also hoping for the style in my current avatar and more like it. I really wanted to see more pixie-ish styles like this one
    • Options
      kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
      edited August 2013
      Aliens is a must have for me.