May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How have you set your Seasons in IP?

I just started a game. My first thought was to get rid of winter, then I thought that my Sims deserve a winter holiday just like everyone else. So maybe I'll have all four seasons, just turn off snow and hail. Still haven't decided.

So how have you set your Seasons, and how do you like it?

Comments

• Options
    RamssesRamsses Posts: 115 Member
    edited August 2013
    Personally I put summer up in maximum length, then 7 day fall and 7 day spring.

Hail and snow turned off, just a rainy season and then summer, seemed fitting for a tropical paradise.
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited August 2013
    I turned off winter and minimized fall. Then I was forced to also turn off rain because it rained EVERY day.
  • Options
    lns1180lns1180 Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2013
    I turned off winter, spring, and fall. Helloooooo summer!
  • Options
    jeLlyBeAn1573jeLlyBeAn1573 Posts: 755 Member
    edited August 2013
    I max'd out summer then 12 days of fall, 7 days of winter and 12 days of spring. I couldn't stand the thought of my simmies missing out on Christmas and snow! :D
  • Options
    bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Season's are broken... If you garden its 24/7 summer or you'll lose everything the first or second time the weather drops to about 28 degrees. We paid for 4 season's but only get 1, because everyone is probably gardening some where, if not I guess use all... I would use all mine if I could <sigh>.

...3 times uninstalling/reinstalling this game and I've got the "plants stuck in harvest" with every install within 20 hours of playing it. There has been no announcements saying this bug is fixed so until it is you risk losing your money trees, life fruit, flame fruit.. and everything in between.

PS... there's a problem in options setting age. If you ever decide to make a town and go lower with the ages then you have set in towns already.. You should write down the existing ages and keep a hard copy because the options of lower age will reset your other towns on sign in...

I went lower and had to use young again on one of my well established Sims, and another dropped down to only 8 days... I didn't realize they didn't revert back to my town's other settings.... not sure if anyone else does so I thought I would get it out there too.
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited August 2013
    Most people in the real world have to replant their entire garden each Spring. I realize it's a bug in the game, but I dealt with it as if it were reality - I plant in Spring, harvest what I can, and make sure to save enough to plant again next Spring. I never had money trees die, but they did go inactive. I assumed they were immune to the bug.

The thing about the Island is I would like to still be able to put up holiday lights, and have a gift-giving holiday, but not have my island inhabitants walking around in coats with snow on the ground.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited August 2013
    I opt for summer only. Sunshine is lovely!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited August 2013
    Currently the seasons are still set to 7 days each because I started a new game in islo and forgot to change them but when my teenage sim ages up to a YA im going to edit all the seasons back to have longer days and im going to have long winters because i personally think Islo looks beautiful in snow.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited August 2013
    Summer -14 days Spring-14 days Fall/winter-7 days each season.

No snow but plenty of rain.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,090 Member
    edited August 2013
    I keep them all at 28 and leave all weather.I like the snow, but I don't want to edit another world for IP.
  • Options
    kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited August 2013
    14 days summer and 14 days spring. Fall and Winter turned off, also hail and snow turned off. Rain is turned on.

I think of IP as a tropical island with nice weather through the whole year, snow unknown. Fall I turned off because of the issue of leaves not going away anymore.
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited August 2013
    I only have summer and Spring in my game, and turned off snow and fog.
  • Options
    kokotaffykokotaffy Posts: 155 Member
    edited August 2013
    I turned off Winter and Fall and I just have 20 Days of summer and 3 days of spring
    bi4QAjB.gif
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have all my seasons on 12 days each with snow and hail off.
  • Options
    debrawolfsohndebrawolfsohn Posts: 408 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I just started a game. My first thought was to get rid of winter, then I thought that my Sims deserve a winter holiday just like everyone else. So maybe I'll have all four seasons, just turn off snow and hail. Still haven't decided.

So how have you set your Seasons, and how do you like it?

I set my weather for the longest I could for Summer & added Spring for just a few days. I only turned off snow.