The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MODERN FASHION PACK IDEA.......

I think its about time the store peeps made a fashion pack of clothing and shoes and accesories, and make it in todays fashion, not 1920's fashion or futuristic fashion, we really need new clothes for all ages BUT unfortunately I'd say alot of us play young adults, so it would be nice if there was pack we could buy through the store with clothes and the such like in the Diesel stuff pack, but put more content in it and make it look better on the sims bodies, not like some of the jeans in Diesel where they were just sitting on their hips, looks a little strange imo, so yeah, just an idea for a store pack, and maybe more cars and other modes of transport. :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2013
    Though I am bored of any modern I can honestly say modern shoes and accessories would be a great set. We need shoes and accessories bad. But I am sorry I am sick to death of modern normal clothes :P but if it was couture I can do couture, but probably cause I am a fashion snob if I could afford it, I hate all the diesel in the SP but if we had Dior, Roberto Cavalli, Dolce and Gabana, Chanel, etc I'd love it :D
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2013
    could we have 1920s Chanel? I'd die of happiness...

you have a great point. Probably the majority of players want more modern clothes.
    But I'm with HollownessD, I tend to live in the past.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I more feel we got our modern quota for the game as a whole and with future shock and in to the future our future quota too, so I'd say past or themed since there are so many eras and themes or cross era is needed.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited August 2013
    Clothes are on my wishlist too.
    Especially for kids and teens, oh please make some of those, but without ridiculous legwarmers or other nonsense, there are so many lovely fashions for kids out there that the designers could draw from.
    And SHOES, there is a woeful lack of shoes in the store.

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would hold off on this topic for now because I had just read a tweet from a Guru about a possible runway. And I think it might have some thing to do with the new store world that they have been working on. :D
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited August 2013
    We have a huge player base and I think the store team is trying to accommodate the different tastes of bunch of simmers.

I know a bunch of people who are tired of having modern clothing and want cultural, themed clothing. While others want modern clothing, so I hope for those who do want modern clothing get it, because we have been getting more themed and cultural clothing these past couple of months, if not almost a year.
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited August 2013
    I desperately want more pants/skirts/capri. I have so many dresses it's not funny.
  • Options
    DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    edited August 2013
    That's sounds amazing, I'd buy it if this will be available for both men and women of all ages. I would love it even more if it's the Luxury Brands, Prada, Versace, Dior, Lanvin, Givenchy and esp CHANEL (some of their pieces are timeless). High Street brands are welcome too like, ZARA, Mango, TOPSHOP, GAP, Banana Republic. Don't forget the shoes, accessories and make up, Manolo Blahnik, Christian Louboutin, Nicholas Kirkwood, Tiffany & Co., Harry Winston, Cartier, MAC, Revlon, Max Factor etc.

This list can go on, I really like fashion as I give my sims a makeover most the time. also I'd D-I-E if they will also do Haute Couture. (does a Rachel Zoe impression)

:lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    AznSensei wrote:
    We have a huge player base and I think the store team is trying to accommodate the different tastes of bunch of simmers.

I know a bunch of people who are tired of having modern clothing and want cultural, themed clothing. While others want modern clothing, so I hope for those who do want modern clothing get it, because we have been getting more themed and cultural clothing these past couple of months, if not almost a year.

I dunno if I see another pair of jeans or basic T-shirt/Tank top I think that be cruel. Repeating the same content with slightly different cuts or designs even if it has been 5 years since we had normal if you have an excess of normal/modern you have an excess of normal/modern. Just I think it be pointless if something looks just like the Diesel SP or other SP/EP stuff, then I feel we are peddling backwards content wise. You still can barely have a full Asian themed world CAS wise with all the Asian content 1/2 is Chinese inspired room WA the other Japanese from Store and even then limited and that is probably one of the better covered themes, every world besides Dragon Valley (Even Supernatural has lots of CAS that can pass as normal/modern) is dressed in modern/normal clothes.

diesel1.png

But they could bring back the Diesel Limited Edition Set I know a lot of people wanted that and still want it. And it already exists:

8220577717_bc020cf6ba.jpg?resize=500%2C244
    8220577823_b86a69d751.jpg?resize=500%2C244

BUT High End/Couture fashion could be passable and would be more needed for sure though, even it is was jeans (cause the back pocket art as least is something different) but even then... so much jeans :P :

rr1.jpg

Even the IP LE pack was modern but gave it the survivor twist now I think that is neat and new but of course you probably wouldn't use all of that often mind you my fav outfit from it to use in IP is the wet shirt short combo far right:

ip10.jpg

Accessories Modern or not is soo over due we hard have any of any type. IF we get an Accessories Set that is 75% Accessories and 25% modern clothes I think that would be fair and passable but I think couture/high end fashion is all that is left to cover for modern without starting to redo practically existing content.

High Fashion Accessories I'd like to see:

christian-dior-over-the-knee-boot.jpg

Christian%2520Dior%2520Red%2520Wine%2520Boots.jpg

Christian-Dior-Intrigante-thigh-high-boots.jpg

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=40401416

Would love more thigh high leggings for day/formal not just sleepwear.

christian-dior-fall-2010-thigh-high-stockings-profile.jpg

Dior-Karlie-Kloss-by-Steven-Meisel-02.jpg

Also if you have ever heard of Chantal Thomass I discovered her stuff 10 years ago and 500 euros later for a match bra underwear set, she did some limited editions for Victoria Secret once too but she is high end french lingering:

150x100_demasque-moi_cmjn.jpg?itok=C-vub_M9

sol_9568_img1.jpg

580c6063a6b14759bb2b3d14d5b72280.jpg

a510178.jpg

img-083.jpg

High Fashions rules!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited August 2013
    I <3 Dior.

And Topshop! That's closer to my budget range! :lol:

(Oh dear... just looked at Topshop's dresses and saw a gorgeous one, I want it now. Shouldn't have looked.)

I'd also prefer more vintage styles but if we're talking modern I would just like simple shapes that are easily CAS-ed. I liked the two dressed from the loft set, and the 5th ave set. I just want items that are simple: no decals or accessories.

I really like Lenka's style at the moment: cute and arty.

• Options
    ladyc672ladyc672 Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2013
    Me personally, I agree with some fellow Simmers who said we need more shoes and accessories. They are sorely lacking in the Store. I detest most of the shoes available, as I'm not into "period" or "time Era" play. We need more variety especially in the modern casual and athletic shoes, I mean. Some of those styles are hideous! They clash horribly with the cool clothes I do manage to find for my Sims. Maybe more earrings, necklaces, watches, etc. All the cool items should not be made just by the modding community, imo.