Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ Big Brother: SimGuru Edition! [WEEK 2 PART 2 now added!! Elimination day!!] ♥ 08/14/13

Big Brother: SimGuru Edition

I thought the Big Brother Challenge looked like a lot of fun, so I decided to try it myself. But with a twist. All sims will be well known SimGurus. I will keep you updated on what the gurus are up to and who will be eliminated. Enjoy :)

Index

Rules
SimGurus
Week 1: Part one
Week 1: Part two
Week 1: Part three
Week 2: Part one
Week 2: Part two
tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited July 2013
    Rules

(found at http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6544.0 )
    Back to index

The Setup:
    1. Six SimGurus
    2. Aging off.
    3. A house needs to be fit to their needs. No skill items.
    4. After all sims are in the house, all gates and doors are locked, so no people may get in or out.
    6. The HoH room is an important addition to the house. It will be the luxury room. Electronics are allowed here and only here. It will include a private bathroom. The catch? It’s locked to the current HoH.

The Rules:
    1. There will be very little interaction between you and your sims.
    2. Every Monday, skilling items will be introduced to the house. Every Wednesday, they will be taken away. Whoever gains the most skill will become the ‘Head of Household’.
    3. The HoH has a very important job. On Thursday, whichever two sims in the house who have the least amount of relationship with the HoH will be put up for eviction.
    4. On Sunday, every houseguest will be voting towards who stays and who goes from the house. They vote for whoever has the least relationship with them. Whoever has the most votes will leave the house.

Elimination Point System:
    Enemies: -3 points
    Old enemies: -2 points
    Disliked: -1 points
    Acquaintance: 0 points
    Distant friends: 1 point
    Friends: 2 point
    Old friends: 2 points
    Good friends: 3 points
    Best friends: 4 points
    Romantic interest: 5 points

Back to index
    SimGurus
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    SimGurus

Click the images to download the sims
    Back to index

SimGuru Ryan Vaughan (as created by Larryad)
    headshot_original.jpg

SimGuru Aaron Conners (as created by Larryad)
    headshot_original.jpg

SimGuru King Choi (as created by Larryad)
    headshot_original.jpg

SimGuru Graham Nardone (as created by SimGuruSemedi)
    headshot_original.jpg

SimGuru Argus Hulin (as created by Ceres_Meiriona)
    2uw.png

SimGuru Megan Myers (as created by SimGuruMegan)
    fw8y.png

Back to index
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Back to index

First of all, let me introduce the house in which our beloved simgurus will be spending their time. This used to be the Community Fire Department, I turned it into a residential lot and remodelled it to the gurus needs.
    1p0d.png
    4gwf.png

Here they are, the six SimGuru that will be competing in the Big Brother race. Once they are all in, the doors will be locked and only eliminated sims can get out.
    The first skill will be the painting skill. The skill room is now filled with easels. The Gurus aren’t quite ready yet to build their skills. Megan was the first one to start socializing. The first thing Aaron did was grab a book. Maybe he's not in a hurry to win this thing.
    5vqw.png

Megan, Argus and Ryan are all in it to win it and are really getting along so far.
    King is standing in line waiting for Graham to finish making his ice cream. King thought it would probably be a good idea to do some socializing with Megan instead of eating ice cream, Graham on the other hand is really enjoying the ice cream machine and the fryer.
    Ryan was the first one to notice the easels. He doesn’t quite get it yet, as he walked right passed them.
    llsp.png

Argus too discovered the ice cream maker. They always look so adorable licking their popsicle.
    Megan and King also noticed the easels, but none of them has used any of them yet. Ryan and King thought it was a nice room for chatting instead.
    The ice cream maker is a little too popular in my opinion, now Megan has fallen victim too. Luckily Aaron and Graham started making friends, they were the last ones to do so.
    fovt.png

The Gurus keep noticing the easels, but they refuse to use them. The ice cream maker was too interesting, so I removed it and replaced it with a microwave. The books were also a bit distracting, so I made a new rule: No reading on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully this will get them to do some skill building. The Gurus are definitely on the right track when it comes to socializing. Everyone is getting along!
    37if.png

Now all there is left to do is skill building and chatting. The Gurus chose the latter. They’ve been engaging in a lot of group chats, which is great. Ryan is such a sweetheart, he gets along with everyone and loves to make meals for the group. I gave him Mr. Nice Guy as a nickname.
    7mgi.png

As the day goes by, the sims are getting tired and hungry. The Gurus are all settled now, hopefully they will use those easels tomorrow.
    At the end of the day, none of the sims have any skills yet. Ryan and Argus have become friends, the only ones so far.
    afm2.png

I will post a new chapter as soon as I can. Hopefully you enjoyed it so far!

Back to index
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Posting is allowed now 8)
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Back to index

The first night wasn’t a quiet one. As soon as everyone was asleep, a burglar came in. I forgot to place an alarm and since I can’t control the gurus, the burglar got away with it! Luckily she only stole a statue. The gurus still refuse to paint. The firemen’s pole is very interesting to the gurus, they walk upstairs just to slide down again. The gurus are still using the hobby room to chat right next to the easels.
    8d72.png

Megan and Argus finally started cleaning the house. I was about time! The house was so filthy.
    I placed a fish tank window in the bedroom, unfortunately, this is much more interesting than the easels for some sims. So it had to go.
    zu9.png

The firemen’s pole is too distracting too, so I had to remove them. Hopefully this will get some sims to paint.
    And I was right, Megan was the first to start painting. Aaron soon after distracted her and Argus saw his chance to do some painting too. The rest still wasn’t interested. I don’t think they realise it’s a competition…
    All sims have been taking great care of themselves, except for King. He wet himself in front of Graham.
    hvh8.png

Megan and Argus continued painting, soon Aaron realised he should start too. Megan even finished her painting, it’s now a lovely piece of decoration for the hobby room.
    Monday is coming to an end. As everyone else is sleeping, Megan is still painting. Looks like she’s determined to win now! Argus and Ryan remain friends, Ryan and King became friends today too. Ryan is definitely the most social sim in the household.
    gvbd.png

Argus and Ryan are still good friends, they hang out all the time. Argus found a laundry gnome recently, which is a great new addition to the household. I love gnomes.
    King, Graham and Ryan started painting today too. All sims have now finally painted at least once. It was about time.
    0hp1.png

The sims keep socializing with each other. Graham hasn’t talked to much yet, but he’s catching up. The gurus seem to be attracted to each other a lot. I think pretty much all gurus now have a crush on someone. I really hope they act out on it, I’d love to see that! Ryan is out to befriend everyone in the household, he chatting a lot with Megan this time. The sims have done some painting today, but again Megan is the one who keeps painting while the rest is having a nice chat.
    At the end of the day, a lot of new friendships have formed. Ryan is still friends with Argus and King and he has now managed to befriend Megan too. Graham has been on the background a bit, but he’s been busy as he befriended both Megan en Aaron.
    iztb.png

It’s Wednesday now. Today’s the last chance to improve the painting skill. The gurus have been painting and chatting a lot. It’s much more of a completion now. Poor Argus keeps staring out the window. I’m sorry Argus, there’s only one way to get out…
    At the end of the day it’s quite a surprise to see who has the highest skill. The new Head of Household is King! Megan started off so good, but the gurus finally realise it’s a competition now. The two sims who have the least relationship with King are up for elimination. The two sims in question are Argus and Megan. They have to really step up their game and make more friends the rest of the week. The point system as found in the first post will determine who will be eliminated on Sunday night.
    p3l.png

Back to index
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Back to index

Today’s the first day without the easels. I haven’t given back their books yet, so they’re obsession over the lounge chairs out of boredom. They’re almost fighting over them. The chairs are mostly popular with Megan and Argus, they should be socializing so they don’t get kicked out! King was chosen as the Head of Household, so he’s the only one that has access to the HoH room. He spends a lot of time in there watching tv in his pyjamas. Argus and Megan have been chatting to each other a lot lately, even thought they should be making other friends. Argus finally started chatting with Ryan to improve their relationship.
    umn2.png

Megan finally started chatting with other people too, before the end of the day.
    In the beginning of the next day, I introduced the books again so the household has been reading a lot again. As you can see, I decorated the hobby room with all the finished paintings the gurus made in the past couple of days.
    qkcv.png

King finally came out of the HoH room to hug it out with Aaron. Argus and Graham pointlessly mopping the bathroom next to a broken sink. Argus has mostly been chatting with Megan and Ryan, but today he finally came to his senses and tried to make some more friends. Megan too started making new friends after some cleaning. King is still loving his room. He’s in there a lot.
    8dr9.png

Argus has been doing really well. He’s been socializing a lot with Ryan, King and Graham. Megan better be careful. She’s been reading a lot instead of chatting. Megan started falling through the floor a lot…great.
    gf4a.png

Argus has mostly been chatting with the lads in the house. Megan found herself outside all of a sudden, darn glitches. She finally turned around at the end of the day though and had a nice chat with Aaron.
    At the end of Sunday, it’s time to see who’s getting eliminated. Judged by the point system in the first post, Megan and Argus both have 7 points, which means it’s a tie.
    iyjk.png

To decide who will be eliminated, I’ve chosen a game of rock-paper-scissors. Megan won 3 out of 5, which means Argus loses.
    sq2i.png

Bye Argus! We’ll miss you!
    f1vs.png

Back to index

• Options
    bigrigs19bigrigs19 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Awww I am going to miss Argus. I love this idea. I think it is amazing and you are doing an amazing job. I don't know who I want to win since Argus (my first vote)got eliminated darn it. :lol:

I think I will root for Aaron.

I will be following for sure. Thanks for an entertaining read. I was kind of bored this morning and reading this helped with that and brightened my spirits some.

Feather sorry this is colorist40 I was logged into my sons account and forgot to switch over to mine.
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    edited August 2013
    This is great! I hope the simgurus see it and get a laugh as well! :) Love the story. I may have to do this challenge as well :)
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks :) It would indeed be funny if the SimGurus actually saw this! When I'm playing, I always wonder if the actual SimGurus get along as well as the sims :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Back to index

A new week has arrived, and so have some work out equipment to build the new skill. The books are gone again, so all there is to do is work out and hang out. The latter is what they mostly did the first day. It turns out the gurus aren’t very athletic. A lot of thing broke, so I had to call the handyman to get it fixed, he had to come back twice because he couldn’t finish because the SimGurus were obsessed with him. They hang out in the bathroom a lot lately. All of them at the same time. Graham was mopping up something when I noticed Ryan checking him out, fingers crossed :lol:
    srm.png

The next day they finally started hanging out in the hobby room. All though none of them actually worked out. They mostly had a nice that or stared at the paintings everyone made last week. I guess working out isn’t fun enough for them. I caught Megan looking out the window. Last time someone did that it was Argus and he got eliminated. Let’s hope for Megan that this is not a sign…
    7d3j.png

It is now the last day the gurus can work on their skill, and no one has even tried them out. So I decided to install some doors next to the stairs and lock the doors to anyone in the hobby room to try and force them to work out and only let them out if they need to attend to their needs. This didn’t work, because lets guess, all they did was chat with each other. So I opened everything up again. And as soon as I did that, good old Graham started to work out. Go Graham! The rest of the sims never touched the equipment for the rest of the day and continued to socialize with each other. So since Graham is the only one who even touched the equipment at the end of the day, I named him the Head of Household for week 2. Enjoy it Graham!
    The two sims who have the lowest relationship with Graham are up for elimination. This week those two are Megan and Ryan. I’m really surprised about Ryan, he gets along with everyone!
    w8g6.png

So, the equipment is now gone and the books are back. And oh boy are the gurus happy, because the first thing they all did that day was read. Megan was the first one that day to start making some new friends, she has to considering she’s competing with Mr. Nice Guy. Ryan later started socializing too with Graham, one of the few he hasn’t befriended yet. Smart move Ryan. Graham has been up gaming in his room a lot. I don’t blame him.
    o5zl.png

Back to index
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hope Ryan makes it. I like him in your game. Great fun so far to see how this is working out. Can't wait for the update. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited August 2013
    Awesome! I've got a grin on my face because of this. :)

(And I hate to say it, but I like your BB better than the real one airing in America right now. I hate those people. Worst season yet.)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Haha, thanks. The sims versions of big brother are much more fun than the real ones.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Back to index

The gurus have a nasty habit of falling through the floor lately. I fixed it now, but it was very annoying for a while, because they often ended up outside.
    For the first time ever, all the gurus sat down at the table together. I love that they’re all getting along so well.
    ixcr.png

Megan and Ryan have both been socializing a lot to not get eliminated. Ryan really loves making silly faces, he just refuses to stop. Graham still spends a lot of time in the HoH room. This is actually the first time anyone has used the luxury bathroom. King never used it. :lol:
    8kzw.png

The last day has arrived. Today Ryan or Megan will be eliminated. Graham isn’t that bothered. He still spends all his time playing games. And cleaning the bathroom for the next head of household. Very thoughtful of you Graham! He did come out of his room for a while though to chat with King. Ryan en Megan are putting their last effort in and are chatting away the entire day.
    At the end of the day Megan acquired 10 points and Ryan got 14. I’m sorry Megan, this means you have to go!
    hwt7.png

You will be missed Megan. Bye!
    o9ae.png

Back to index
  • Options
    Sim-GeorgieSim-Georgie Posts: 633 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh no! Megan got elimenated! I'm sad :(

But very happy I've found this thread! This is an amazing idea but how do you not control them?! I would be so tempted by that burglar, too :lol:

I think I'll root for Ryan now Megan's gone.

Keep going, this is great :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh no! Megan got elimenated! I'm sad :(

But very happy I've found this thread! This is an amazing idea but how do you not control them?! I would be so tempted by that burglar, too :lol:

I think I'll root for Ryan now Megan's gone.

Keep going, this is great :wink:
    I thought it would be hard not to control them too, but you'd be surprised how much fun it is just watching your sims :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited August 2013
    Poor Megan. I sure wished she would have won, but now I guess I will root for Aaron. If he loses I will root for Graham. He doesn't look too bad without those glasses lol.