Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition To Have Quxxn Memorialized In Some Way In TS4

1535455565759...Next

Comments

• Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    It's not that I didn't like Quxxn, in fact her videos were always fun to watch, but honestly no one player deserves to be specially memorialized in The Sims. She's exactly like the thousands of other players who devote enormous amounts of time to their games. It wouldn't be fair to others. If they memorialize one player, where would they be able to stop without having others become outraged? EA can't spend their time on memorializing fans and still have the time to create the game. There are only 2 paths I can see if Quxxn gets special recognition:

1.) They recognize her and only her. No more special honors. Other devoted gamers pass away but don't get recognized, community becomes outraged over this injustice.

2.) They recognize her and every other gamer that passes away. The game eventually becomes filled with look-alike Sims or all items have some sort of special attachment to a past gamer. No time for normal any more.

Really one or the other would happen. Quxxn was great and her death is sad, but I still don't think it's very fair to memorialize her in The Sims 4. Seems like it would lead to a lot more trouble in the future. Perhaps someone could create a Quxxn look-alike and upload her to the exchange, or add in a Quxxn logo shirt to the online store later on. (With special permission from her family that is.) Having some sort of memorial shipped in-game just seems like a bad idea...sorry, I'm not signing.

I agree. My teenaged son, a hard core Simmer, died when he was 18. I don't ask for special honors for him. I'm sure Quxxn was, I'm sure, a happy simmer, also and a young death is always tragic. But I don't think it's right to do something anymore special than any other person. As a matter of fact, look around and you'll see that most people hadn't heard of her until now.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    then why not make the sim version yourself then and have you also notice that this is a dead topic since the op as not return so this is considered thread necromancy and on most sim site thread necromancy is frown upon
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Signed
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited July 2015
    This is a lovely thing to do and I loved Quxxn as much as the next person but I don't think it will happen because if you do it for one person you have to do it for everyone if you understand what I mean. It shows favoritism and sort of opens the flood gates for memorials for everyone in the game. It is a nice thing to do but I think it may not happen. She doesn't need to be remembered in game to be remembered forever by all of us.

I have just realised how old this thread is.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    This thread is from two years ago
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    This thread is from two years ago

So .... who made you a forum cop?

Someone died and two years ago! It still pertains!

(new pet peeve ... people complaining about old threads)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top