Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you uninstall a patch?

Since update 1.55 my game has been crashing like crazy. My game has always crashed, I had lots of error 12 too. But it's gone through the roof since the latest update.

Is there a way to uninstall this update? I've actually never heard of anyone uninstalling a patch, so I was wondering it's possible.
tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited July 2013
    I've seen people asking this question before and seen them being told no.

I think the option offered has been to uninstall the game and use the super patch to the level you want.

I've been getting Error 12 too. It seems to be corrupting the .nhd file in my saves folder. I just tried replacing it with one from an earlier save and it seems to be working. I don't know if I would have been better to revert to the earlier save. The .nhd is the neighbourhood file.
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't feel like reinstalling my game to get rid of the update. I'll try replacing the .nhd file and hope that will work.

Thanks for your reply.
    tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited July 2013
    hi Feather91

EA doesnt make rolling back patches easy. if fact if you do you shouldnt be able to use the exchange or store any longer.

also there are no official links here to roll back, though MTS does have older patches

to do so you must uninstall just the base - first pull your sims 3 doc folder, then after uninstalling run a ccleaner to remove leftover files, then reinstall and use MTS patches to update

the other important thing about patches is their primary job is to bridge an EP to the base - for all your installed EPs you must have its corresponding patch. so if you have IP you either must keep to the current patch or uninstall IP as well.

HTH