Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Request: Rural Dragon Valley

Hey guys, I am wondering if there are any world builders out there thinking of reworking Dragon Valley so it has no actual roads, only dirt roads that cars cannot go on for that rural medieval feel? I think DV would be fantastic without any of the modern technology in it at all.

So anyone have plans for something like this? :)

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    We cannot take apart and share EA worlds - especially the store worlds - you will get permabanned. In order to take apart a world to get it into caw - as you can't just put finished worlds into caw - you have to circumvent EA's security - and EA will remove the thread as well as perma bann you. You can do it for your self as long as you do not share it with anyone, but no one can do it for you. The only worlds we can share is the two they gave the lite versions of in CAW Sunset Valley and Riverview.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2013
    Then you can use the terrain paint of that world to make a brand new world? I'm mainly interested in the celtic-like designs combined with rural roads anyway.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cendres13,

If you insist on sharing it, Your best bet, if you don't want to get banned from the forum would be to make a world similar to Dragon Valley, only not Dragon Valley and don't include roads. You could actually make a world even better than Dragon Valley if you are willing to work hard enough on it. If that's too difficult for you, you're going to have to find someone else who has already done so, or even though I don't recommend using mods, find a mod that will stop the game from automatically giving each household a car, and get rid of the taxis.
  • Options
    Cendres13Cendres13 Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well that is what I'm asking isn't it? 8) I don't have time to make a world myself, it would take me all year no joke, so I was wondering is there was anyone who was already planning on attempting a medieval world with Dragon Valley's celtic feel, but not necessarily Dragon Valley? And no roads.

Don't tell me the same thing 10 times please. :S

EDIT: You know what it's okay, through some searches I found that you can't use brooms to travel without roads anyway, which is a shame. I did find a few really beautiful worlds that match what I'm looking for as well. So thanks anyway!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cendres13,

You're welcome.

Anyway, I don't think you had posted you're reply to Writin_Reg before I started writing my reply to you, so no hard feelings
  • Options
    jackaford1986jackaford1986 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Look up conorsim's worlds he has a few celtic type medieval worlds, I'm unsure if they have roads but he does really nice work
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Heres the link for one of his worlds, it is done except for lots so you can do all of your buildings yourselfhttp://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/615912.page
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Heres another one that is more modernized but you could always change lots up to fit your needs http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/423162.page