Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds by CathrynMC

CathrynMCCathrynMC Posts: 24 New Member
Camden Creek

In 1763, a severe meteor shower passed a small country named Evania. Thirty years later, a research scientist, named Cameron Camden, traveled to the area where Evania used to be and found a lovely area where he and his crew decided to settle down. They built some farms and founded a village, which finally grew to become a city. Today, there is only one huge meteor left that reminds them of what happened long ago. Mr. Camden, of course, is dead today, but in honor of him and his crew, the town was named after him.

CamdenCreekAvatar_zpse9e1c025.jpg

CamdenCreekPics1_zps43c8166c.jpg

CamdenCreekPics2_zps2eb8f0cd.jpg

CamdenCreekPics3_zps77a0294c.jpg

CamdenCreekPics4_zps26d9654a.jpg

CamdenCreekPics5_zpse41ae495.jpg

Technical Stuff:

World Size: 1024x1024

Community Lots: 58

Residential Lots: 103

Custom Content: none

EP's: all

You can find it here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7293303

Yoder's Glen

Only a few hours away from the busy streets of Philadelphia, there is another new land to explore. It is an exceptional society that is seemingly frozen in time and also home to a community of people whose life has barely changed for 300 years after their forefathers first arrived from Switzerland. According to their laws, inventions like electricity, cars, telephones and television are not allowed in their everyday life. Therefore, their existence means much hard work as they try to work, love and live in obedience to the rules of their forefathers and the commandments of the Bible. This unique group of people are called, “The Amish.”

AmishAva_zps335d44af.jpg

yoder-child2_zps0da914bf.jpg

Yoder-road1_zpsa75cae2c.jpg

yoder-farm1_zpsf781481a.jpg

yoder-farm2_zpsc69e3db0.jpg

yoder-farm3_zpsbcab6712.jpg

yoder-barn_zps832793d7.jpg

yoder-teach_zps4dac6ee6.jpg

yoder-bible_zps42589b1a.jpg

yoder-wood_zps24b21b78.jpg

yoder-buggy_zps481d70d9.jpg

yoder-child_zpse9827866.jpg

Technical stuff:

World Size: 1024x1024
Number of lots: 59
Community: 33
Residential: 26
Occupied: 8
Population: 52

EPs: all (but not all used)
Stuff Packs: all (but not all used)

Rabbitholes: Mausoleum, Equestrian Center

You can find it here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7354338

Comments

• Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2013
    Congrats on your new showcase thread.:D
    It looks great and I have bookmarked it, so I can see how it developes.
    Good luck :D
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited June 2013
    Beautiful work on these worlds, Cathryn! I left a rec for each of them for now and look forward to checking out at least Yoder's Glen once I have completed my current commitments to other projects. Thank you for starting this thread - this is my first time seeing your lovely worlds. :D
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi :D

They look like very good- and have nice back stories. Excellent job. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you very much for inviting me to the forum and thank you also for the nice feedback.

My goal is to create worlds for people with laptops and/or low end computers. Most of the EA worlds are hard to play on older or not that fast computers and I try to make stuff for those people to enable them to have new worlds to play and have fun playing the sims. I might not be able to provide huge worlds and my worlds often do not have all the lots you guys might want, but I try my best and I also take requests for worlds and lots.

I think it is nice to have a place here to show a little more of the stuff I am making then just the little icon you can upload with a world.

There might come some more pictures of my other/older worlds later, as soon as I find the time to upload.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's always nice to have new people join the fun! :mrgreen:

That's a good plan. There's so many who are looking for worlds to run on their computers or with certain Expansions.
    It's fun to see unique worlds with interesting back stories and families, too. I'm terrible at writing back stores so to me it's so fun to read them.

Can't wait to see more pictures and more of your worlds. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KosmopolitKosmopolit Posts: 602 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hallo mein Freund,

oh das sind Sachen, die mir gefallen! Hab mir gleich ein Lesezeichen gesetzt!
    Freu mich auf mehr!!

Beste Grüße Kosmo
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Vielen Dank! Ich hatte bis gestern keine Ahnung, dass es dieses Forum überhaupt gibt, weil ich es aus irgendeinem Grund nicht angezeigt bekam. Immer nur Fehlermeldungen. Umso mehr freue ich mich, dass Bastler hier die Chance bekommen, ihre Arbeiten vorzustellen - denn das kleine Bildchen, dass die Exchange uns erlaubt ist ja selten wirklich aussagekräftig. Es freut mich, dass dir meine Arbeit gefällt. In meinem Studio sind noch mehr von meinen Welten, sobald ich dazu die Zeit habe, werde ich auch noch Bilder dazu hier hochladen.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    New World: Treasure Island

STIIcon7forum_zps5330d0f0.jpg

When Uncle Harry told you that he had a very special surprise for you, you should have been suspicious. When he showed you his sail boat, you should have gone home. And when he invited you to go on a sailing trip with him, you should have said no. But you didn’t – and now you are shipwrecked. The island you landed on seems pretty cozy, but under the surface, there is a volcano waiting for it’s big comeback. What did the ancient culture, that once seemed to live here, hide under all these temples? What is hidden under the secret hatch at the beach? And what do the numbers 4-8-15-16-23-42 mean? You are confused, right, but you might need to survive this island, because there doesn’t seem to be a way out.

TreasureIslandoverview_zps8ec65830.jpg

TreasureIsland12_zps401d2ae3.jpg

TreasureIsland03_zps7a864df9.jpg

TreasureIsland01_zps917d7ca0.jpg

TreasureIsland22_zpseac56979.jpg

TreasureIsland23_zps51e57ea3.jpg

TreasureIsland02_zps822931bc.jpg

TreasureIsland19_zps509c1337.jpg

TreasureIsland15_zps3ec71ea2.jpg

TreasureIsland09_zpsddca3041.jpg

TreasureIsland04_zpsa8b0516a.jpg

TreasureIsland16_zps291abd36.jpg

TreasureIsland13_zps705dc461.jpg

TreasureIsland18_zpsd5a886aa.jpg

TreasureIsland14_zpsa51c4979.jpg

Technical Stuff:

World Size: 512x512

Community Lots: 19

Residential Lots: 3

EP's: all

You can download here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7507834
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hi, CathrynMC :D

It looks just lovely with all it's hidden places and treasures! I so like tropical islands...with secrets. Beautiful work. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you very much!

I killed 4 sims while testplaying.

The tombs might be a bit dangerous :D
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited July 2013
    Very nice! Excellent attention to detail. And tombs, I like tombs. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you very much!

I love building tombs, its just great to hide all those little traps and treasures!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yep, I downloaded this Treasure Island yesterday to check out this weekend. Will probably need to get my smartest and strongest Adventure sims seeing I am horrid at the tombs but yet persist in doing adventures anyway. hehehe It intrigued me - so I had to download.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you! I hope you like it!
  • Options
    HappyHaunt1000HappyHaunt1000 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited July 2013
    Beautiful worlds Treasure Island is loads of fun!
    My origin name is AStrangePuppy
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2013
    I just love your Treasure Island it is so neat looking and looks like a lot of fun, Love your story line, very cleaver ]
    I would love to download, but I do not have Supernatural, so I don't think that I will be able to download. :(
    But it looks so good. and intriguing.
    Great job.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you very much! :)
  • Options
    xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    edited July 2013
    I really enjoyed the look and feel of Treasure Island and recommended it to some other friends who are tomb players. I can really see a sort of Castaway, stranded challenge going in here.

We have found that several of them are unroutable without having to go into build/buy and move objects around to make clear pathways.

I believe it is the the Forbidden Hut, every piece of furniture had to be picked up and set down to make it usable. We love how hard the tombs are, don't get me wrong, but my sim was standing in front of the chest in the little hut and couldn't open it. I had to move the hidden tomb marker into a corner because she insisted it was blocking her path.

Under the Shipwreck, a large decoration had to be moved that was blocking the small cells with the stone piles.

We stopped after that, but we will go back and see if we find anything else. I thought it was just my inability to navigate tombs (I don't do it very often), but another person had a bit of trouble too.

Otherwise, the back of the mausoleum has an unpainted wall.
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I am so sorry for all of that! My testplay worked just fine. I don't understand why the markers would be in the way? I know I exported with a new icon before uploading, the earlier version I testplayed worked great and I did not make any changes to it. I have no idea why that would happen. Might be that I have a stuff pack installed you don't have and an object was replaced ... I don't know. All I can say is, that I am very sorry.
  • Options
    KosmopolitKosmopolit Posts: 602 Member
    edited August 2013
    Schöne lauschige Plätze, da freu ich mich auf die fertige Welt. Tolle Ideen!

LG Kosmo
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2013
    CathrynMC when you tested it did you have several people help you test it and did you downloaded it yourself just as users have to do? I always recommend that creators testing their own worlds to upload them to media fire or some file loading site and make a link to the file and then for the creator as well as testers all download that world from the file storage because the game reacts and shifts slightly through the process of download of a file holding place and then being installed in the launcher than it does if you just export and then install into you game. That is why creators often miss problems in their worlds and why it is real important to get a couple of others to help test as well as download the world yourself just as we have to. Like when you download a world terraine paints are slightly off to one side, circular stairs or stacked stairs have to be picked up and replaced as they shift and sims can't use them - also anything placed with moveobjects on can shift into a path and sims can no longer get by stuff. We will see a path but they will see it as it has shifted out of place. it is very possible your markers shifted and made the stuff unusable and if you used move object on anything that is all out of place many times.
    Also generally you cannot do anything for the shift to stop it, but you do have to make allowances on how things are placed and to not use move objects on with anything that sims need to react with. It is now only good for décor or landscaping yards - otherwise it causes problems.

Any way - just some advice from a person who tests a lot of worlds.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    conoJasconoJas Posts: 41
    edited August 2013
    I tried playing Yoder's Glen but it kept crashing when loading the world :( I'm going to try Camden Creek! :D
  • Options
    xoxJennxoxxoxJennxox Posts: 406 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, work is crashing around me.

I thought I would pop in and mention that I have all Ep/Sp's, so that was not the problem.

I don't test worlds enough to really know specifics of trouble, so I would go by what Writin_Reg said, as she would know better than I about what could have happened.

Hope you can get it fixed.
    Origin ID xoxJennxox
    Jenn's Junkyard - Current Stuff
    Tart ISBI -Completed 12/12/2016
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hello ;-) I have played your Tresure Island for some time,and I have realy fun with it,sins I did not played World Adventure much.But I must say,I am not so good with tombs.I have tryed many times in one of your tombs,moving status around,but can not find the trigger that open the door,so has to use reset sim to get back to "normal sim playing" I am stuck there! :P I dont have much troubles with the world, except that in one place there are some rooms with fences,I can just go into the left one, my sim "say" it is not room enough to go to the others.
    A beautiful world, my sim is fishing and diving and have alot of fun there ;-)