Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragon Valley Festival Lot is Up!! :)

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks - Much appreciated as I really hate trying to work with the things that make the festival lots work - I also won't build LN apts for the same reason. So this is a Godsend to me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    edited June 2013
    Woot! Thank you soooo much, SimGuruSmitty!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you. :-)
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for sharing the link!
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    RathomanRathoman Posts: 121 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you SimGuruSmitty! It is AWESOME! :)
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    Haven't installed it yet.
    If it is containing Store content then a list should appear on the right panel.
    Just curious, maybe she cleared up her DCBackup folder or the Exchange didn't recognize DV store content.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone tried out the festival lot yet? I tried re-naming it, but the new name wouldn't stick and it seems to be in summer festival mode when you place the lot, not the generic non-festival park that usually the festival grounds look like. I'm wondering if the lot is still in testing cheats.
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, SimGuruSmitty! :D
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited June 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Just curious, maybe she cleared up her DCBackup folder or the Exchange didn't recognize DV store content.

well given that it was built for dragon valley, of course it would use DV content.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone tried out the festival lot yet? I tried re-naming it, but the new name wouldn't stick and it seems to be in summer festival mode when you place the lot, not the generic non-festival park that usually the festival grounds look like. I'm wondering if the lot is still in testing cheats.
    She probably made it without using the 'construction' mode. I always do that with mine, and it sets itself to the season your hood is in as soon as you place it.

As for the name not sticking - you can change it by entering the lot with buydebug on and clicking on the festival lot marker.
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited June 2013
    CMWarren wrote:
    Valgon57 wrote:

well given that it was built for dragon valley, of course it would use DV content.
    Since you haven't uploaded any lot to the Exchange..
    This is a bit info from Nraas FAQ
    DCBackup Folder
    When installing .sims3pack files, the game stores copies of the items found in those files here. These copies are not normally used for gameplay, however when you use the game’s Export facility to share anything, the game will look in this folder to pack any non-standard content. If it can not find the item here, it will fall back on a standard EA replacement, even if the item itself is still installed in your game.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for posting this.

And thank you, SimGuruSmitty!
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2013
    YAY and a big THANK YOU to SimGuru Smitty! :)
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    She probably made it without using the 'construction' mode. I always do that with mine, and it sets itself to the season your hood is in as soon as you place it.

As for the name not sticking - you can change it by entering the lot with buydebug on and clicking on the festival lot marker.

Thank you, elanorbreton! I would not have known this stuff otherwise. I'll change the name using the method you suggested. Thanks again!

Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    hippiechick7897hippiechick7897 Posts: 302 Member
    edited June 2013
    sshaw1 wrote:

That was my exact search term and it didn't pull up. I always have to search the forums to find the festival links.

Thanks for posting it! :D
    Tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited June 2013
    I started with SimGuruSmitty's Festival lot and expanded it to 64x64 (and added a restroom, hers did not have one). If you are interested in a larger lot with more activities, here is a link to mine:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7348405
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited June 2013
    I started with SimGuruSmitty's Festival lot and expanded it to 64x64 (and added a restroom, hers did not have one). If you are interested in a larger lot with more activities, here is a link to mine:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7348405

Wow that is awesome. I want to try and do my own festival lot one day, do you know where there is a good tutorial on how to do it somewhere :wink:

I played SimGuruSmitty's lot and posted some pictures of it here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/683267.page
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited June 2013
    You're welcome everyone! :D I know it is sometimes hard to find the festival lots through the exchange, so I wanted the post the link for a quick find. :thumbup:
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif