Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can mermaids give birth underwater?

I assume the mermaids can spend long periods of time underwater. I suddenly realised, what if you're playing a pregnant mermaid and she's in the water, will she give birth under water or will she go to the hospital? That would make no sense at all.
I'm actually guessing your sims probably can't do anything while pregnant... :roll:

Which brings me to another question, will all mermaid children be able to spend time under water? Toddlers too?
tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Mermaids cannot 'scuba dive' while pregnant - they can only swim along the surface of the water. They will give birth at a home or at the hospital like regular sims.
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited May 2013
    xVee wrote:
    Mermaids cannot 'scuba dive' while pregnant - they can only swim along the surface of the water. They will give birth at a home or at the hospital like regular sims.

How exciting.
  • Options
    Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited May 2013
    ShaneyBoy wrote:
    xVee wrote:

How exciting.
    Yeah, super exciting bored.gif
  • Options
    RockoutDarciRockoutDarci Posts: 3,092 Member
    edited May 2013
    Idk, I think it's not very exciting. I wish mermaids could live 100% in the water if you wanted them to. It's ridiculous to me that the entire mersim family can't go under the sea together.

Yeah, I'm gonna be teleporting my toddlers down into their underwater homes to be with the rest of their families. I guess I'll do my mermaid births live on the beach and then teleport mamma back underwater holding the baby. Works pretty well on everything else.
    Love Like A Snail: An Inter.s.e.x. Story.
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited May 2013
    Idk, I think it's not very exciting. I wish mermaids could live 100% in the water if you wanted them to. It's ridiculous to me that the entire mersim family can't go under the sea together.

Yeah, I'm gonna be teleporting my toddlers down into their underwater homes to be with the rest of their families. I guess I'll do my mermaid births live on the beach and then teleport mamma back underwater holding the baby. Works pretty well on everything else.

I agree completely!! I have been thinking, I know we can edit the four dive lots that come with Isla Paradiso and I am wondering wether any modders would enable us to change one of them into a residential lot allowing us to build a home. If so it might be possible, now that sims can essentially own more than one home with the upcoming patch, a mermaid family could have a regular home on the land and an underwater getaway. I guess we won't know for sure until the EP has been released but I sure hope that's the case!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Me too! I'm sure it will be figured out somehow. I just can't believe that mersims won't ever be able to completely live in the sea, that's where mermaids are supposed to live all the time anyways, here we were worried about them never being able to go on land when we should have been worried about them being able to live in the sea! Hahaha! I thought that'd be a no brainer, but I guess not lol.

I just feel that a lot of this EP feels rushed. It looks great overall, but a lot of small important details are getting missed and not with just mersims, all over people are settling for something in this EP that they thought was gonna be great, but lacked the attention to detail needed to be so.

Wish they would focus on the project at hand instead of half finishing everything in the game. :/ just my own opinion, don't get mad at me for it, I'm entitled to it. :D
    thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png
  • Options
    SimsGirl36524SimsGirl36524 Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    So disappointing :(

Would have been cool if they could.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited May 2013
    miklc wrote:

I agree completely!! I have been thinking, I know we can edit the four dive lots that come with Isla Paradiso and I am wondering wether any modders would enable us to change one of them into a residential lot allowing us to build a home. If so it might be possible, now that sims can essentially own more than one home with the upcoming patch, a mermaid family could have a regular home on the land and an underwater getaway. I guess we won't know for sure until the EP has been released but I sure hope that's the case!

Where did you read 4? maybe only 4 to begin with but I highly doubt there is only four...
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    miklc wrote:

Where did you read 4? maybe only 4 to begin with but I highly doubt there is only four...
    Four dive lots for one world actually sounds like a lot. You can place you own too right?
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2013
    AS far as I understood you CANNOT build your own dive lots. They are exclusive to Isla Paradiso.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    jrpthepixiejrpthepixie Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2013
    I hadn't even thought if we could play the marmaids that be wicked, think I'll be buying this ep the day it comes out
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Erja888 wrote:
    AS far as I understood you CANNOT build your own dive lots. They are exclusive to Isla Paradiso.
    You can build your own, it's just limited to Isla Paradio.
  • Options
    Jasmin397Jasmin397 Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    Sorry but I don't think so... but I hope it! :D
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited June 2013

not exciting to me either. Mermaids giving birth in the hospital ?
    Blah
    ETA And they don't live in the water ? double blah
  • Options
    Shadowninja2Shadowninja2 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2013
    Having Mermaids give birth at the hospital sounds really awful.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Having Mermaids give birth at the hospital sounds really awful.

I agree. I REALLY wish that mermaids had been programmed to be able to live under the water 100% of the time if we chose that for them and we could place underwater homes and cities and then had the same abilities to get legs and live on land if we chose. It seems VERY strange to me that they are basically land-based creatures called mermaids. :roll:

EDIT: The sim in your avatar and your pictures is AMAZING. I would LOVE for TS4 sims to look that detailed. :-o

thefoxsims.weebly.com/
    3825869_orig.png