Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some things that'd make my sims' lives easier!

SugarRaveSugarRave Posts: 2,552 Member
If any of the following ever pop up in the store (or are added to the time travel ep at the last minute) I'd be really happy!

Writing Pads

Tired of having to save up for a computer so you can start a writing career? A writing pad is portable and doesn't require maintenance.

Interactions:

-Practice Writing/Refine Writing Skill
-Start novel/Continue working on <x>
-Start article/Continue working on <x>
-Write letter(?)

Notebooks/Diaries

Need a place to record your personal thoughts? Perhaps you're interested in keeping a dream journal? A notebook may just be the solution you require! Be aware of prying eyes that may want to sneak a peak :)

Interactions:

-Write journal/diary entry (owner)
-Doodle in notebook (owner)
-Rant about life (owner - relieves stress/boosts fun a little)
-Read diary (other sims - owner will get the embarrassed moodlet upon discovering their diary has been read)
-Blackmail (another sim) - Threaten to expose the contents of a sim's diary (if they own one) whether you read it or not.
-Doodle in notebook (other sims - owner will get the embarrassed moodlet upon discovering their diary has been read)

Typewriters (Electric & Classic)

Is your handwriting messy, but you'd rather not put up with the hassle of a computer? A typewriter may just be the solution you're looking for!

Interactions:

-Practice Writing/Refine Writing Skill
-Start novel/Continue working on <x>
-Start article/Continue working on <x>
-Write letter(?)

Printers

Have a document you'd like to read over but don't think you'd like to purchase copies of your own books or articles? Fear not! A home printer is just what you need to print your own manuscripts (and as many copies as you'd like too)

Interactions:

-Print Novel (Only if sim has writing skill)
-Print Article/Editorial/Opinion Piece (Only if sim is in the journalism career)
-Print Picture (Can only be used if sim has finished a digital painting)
-Print Photo (Used to make copies of photos on your camera)

*Threads with some of my other suggestions for quick reference*

Ball Pits & Indoor Playgrounds
Gymnastics Items & Outfits
Computers & Notebooks (With pictures of PC design inspiration)
Arcade Machines we don't have yet

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    Ezo_KeyataEzo_Keyata Posts: 405 New Member
    edited May 2013
    These ideas.....YUP! :lol:
  • Options
    loileeloilee Posts: 614 Member
    edited May 2013
    If you're not opposed to mods, there is a handy mod for writing pads. :mrgreen:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=422974
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I used to have that one not long ago, is it still being updated?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I just thought of something whilst browsing around cc sites. While the printer I just looked at was purely a decor item, adding printers to the game would allow our sims to print their own novels/articles instead of waiting for a copy to come from the publisher (and thus you get your own written books for free!)

Although hopefully they'd make printed novels look like manuscripts. All it'd take is a retexture :mrgreen:

And if they wanted to take it a step farther, give artistic sims the option to use computers to create digital artwork, and print it out when they're done. It'd be resumable just like books and paintings now, only you may not be able to see it until the picture is printed.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited June 2013
    Nice ideas! We need sims to not have to use modern technology to write. I still actually use notepads for writing myself, if I need something to do on holiday or on the go. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I finally got the time to test out the La Cinema Plumbob venue, and with the Restaraunt PC items coming to the store I thought of a couple of things that'd just be the icing on the cake!

Snack Bar

This would be virtually identical to the Barista bar (ideally right down to the ability to spawn an NPC) except that it would serve snacks that sims could put in their pocket and eat later, like the chocolate bars that came with University! Also, individual bags of chips, candy (popcorn) and nuts :)

Fountain Drinks

There could be one built into the snack bar, but it'd be highly recommended to include a standalone machine for home use! Even if it didn't count as an amenity, it'd help us to create better restaurants and fast food places! Lots of irl venues have them, even bowling alleys :mrgreen:

Popcorn Machines

Similar to the cotton candy machine, it would come as both a countertop model and a cart. When combined with the snack bar, it would allow NPCs to sell popcorn! Also worth noting, it'd be nice to have the popcorn as an edible inventory item, so if they want to go and eat popcorn during a film, they can :D

Cotton Candy Machines

Same idea as the snow cone maker/popcorn machine, but with an element of the chocolate fountain. When you pour in a certain colour of 'sugar' the next few sims after you can enjoy that flavour :D

• Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited July 2013
    I definitely agree with all of these words! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Gonna give this a bump :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Bump! And some pictures of the kind of content I'm looking for...

Snack_Bar_at_Five_%26_Dime_General_Store_(Santa_Fe,_New_Mexico)_001.jpg

Having wall hung menus would certainly set the tone for a fast food place, and those pop fridges could go behind the counter (or in your sim's home).

Baseball-Party-Snack-Bar-Setup.jpg

Tabletop popcorn machine, and a hotdog grill to boot!

snackbar-pomodorro-17.jpg

Here's an idea for OFB content if we ever get registers. Sneeze guards! These could sit on top of counters (and interconnect in much the same way) all you have to do is put out the kind of food you want to 'sell' and sims can use the register to place an order!

3100598857_7d17836138.jpg

250px-FineArtsMovieConcessionStand.png

4198367829_d9367a09e6.jpg

And for the snack bar/barrista I mentionned in an earlier post, this is the kind of motif I'm thinking. See in the last image between the two people where there's a glass window filled with bottles and snacks? That kind of thing would be awesome for venues (especially if it spawned an NPC!) think of it as the barrista we already have but selling snacks (bags of chips, candy, chocolate bars etc.), bottles of pop and fountain drinks!

And there doesn't even need to be a brand name on anything (unless freezer bunny punch or llama cola strikes your fancy, in which case I say go for it!).

But speaking of freezer bunny...

Ice-Cream-Freezer.jpg

Freezer bunny pops anyone? Sae menu as the ice cream truck (maybe with some extra flavours or something like a cyclone!), but stationary :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love all of these ideas!!! It would really complete that theatre feel for me in the venue. And I'd love to add some of these features to not only restraunts (ooof course) but some of the more dive/sports bar types. And now with IP you could create a little refreshing area for sims who are staying at your resorts! Honestly- I'd probably end up adding a lot of those items to almost any lot type. Gym? NEEDS POPCORN!! lol! :D

I also love the writing pad idea- I like the sketch pad we have from uni, and the Multi-pad 6000 from the PC items (use that thing religiously...) if we had a writing tablet or notebook (old school!) our sims-on-the-go life would be complete! ;)

And can I say I love the diary idea? That would be been brilliant in Generations- older brother reading little sister's diary?! How fun!! Teen sims writing about their first crush, kiss, worrying/happy about grades, writing what they want to do when they grow up as kids, then as teens, and worrying about college if they want to go, etc... I'd love to see what they write- lol maybe I'm like the older brother who snoops!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    DurrDurr123DurrDurr123 Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2013
    These are amazing ideas! I don't know about you but I think the Sims could be more diverse too like maybe churches, temples, etc.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited August 2013
    I like all of these ideas ^^
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited August 2013
    @durrdur relgion=flame war. There's too many relgions to include so if EA was to include relgion they would leave one out and then those who follow it would have a big cow.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    edited August 2013
    I just see no appeal for adding religion to the game except for the sake of there being religion in the game. I think they'd do a sort of The Sims Medieval thing and create their own churches/religions so there wouldn't be a huge riot. But I just don't see any additional game play options that'd be actually fun for me to play in an entertainment simulator. Sorry. :/
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    ZalloriZallori Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2013
    SugarRave wrote:
    Bump! And some pictures of the kind of content I'm looking for...

Snack_Bar_at_Five_%26_Dime_General_Store_(Santa_Fe,_New_Mexico)_001.jpg

Having wall hung menus would certainly set the tone for a fast food place, and those pop fridges could go behind the counter (or in your sim's home).

Baseball-Party-Snack-Bar-Setup.jpg

Tabletop popcorn machine, and a hotdog grill to boot!

snackbar-pomodorro-17.jpg

Here's an idea for OFB content if we ever get registers. Sneeze guards! These could sit on top of counters (and interconnect in much the same way) all you have to do is put out the kind of food you want to 'sell' and sims can use the register to place an order!

3100598857_7d17836138.jpg

250px-FineArtsMovieConcessionStand.png

4198367829_d9367a09e6.jpg

And for the snack bar/barrista I mentionned in an earlier post, this is the kind of motif I'm thinking. See in the last image between the two people where there's a glass window filled with bottles and snacks? That kind of thing would be awesome for venues (especially if it spawned an NPC!) think of it as the barrista we already have but selling snacks (bags of chips, candy, chocolate bars etc.), bottles of pop and fountain drinks!

And there doesn't even need to be a brand name on anything (unless freezer bunny punch or llama cola strikes your fancy, in which case I say go for it!).

But speaking of freezer bunny...

Ice-Cream-Freezer.jpg

Freezer bunny pops anyone? Sae menu as the ice cream truck (maybe with some extra flavours or something like a cyclone!), but stationary :D

I LOVE THIS!!!
    Now I don't have any really cool screen shots or pics to show, sorry, but I think it would be nice that after you are married that the sim doesn't keep anything (the one that joined the household). Its like all of a sudden he or she has nothing-no ambitions, no job, no experience- they are a blank. It like you have another sim to control instead of working around or with. Maybe everyone likes this as for me, I would rather they stayed semi independent/ unpredictable.
    Also, adoption would be really nice way to have kids but I did find a way to clone my sim and a little baby came from it named Clover- that is soo sweet! Because at the beginning of creating a household you don't get the baby and you are pretty broke as well. This is the first time I have a baby in game!
    Oh, yes, I think that the all in one bathroom idea was awesome;P
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Maybe I'm just hungry, but I happened to catch myself wishing for more food and beverages!

Quick Meals (Either microwavable or stuff you can just grab from a fridge/cooler at any time)

Taco
    Burrito (not deep fried)
    Nachos (could be made in the microwave since that's usually where you heat the cheese and salsa anyway)
    Corn Dog (think, 'Pogo' but without the brand name)
    Pop/Soda (what they serve at the food stalls in Seasons, but in a can and you just pull it out of the fridge. If I want my sims to be unhealthy why can't I let them :D )

Buyable (but you can eat them later)

Chips (snack bag)
    Candy (snack bag)
    Pretzels (snack bag)
    *Cans of Pop
    *Chocolate Bars

(Items with a * would only be available with University Installed)

Recipes

The actual selection available to our sims is fairly good, but much of it we can't make at home. The stuff on the food truck and what's served at the pro bars from LN is a good example. And unless we mod the game, there's no food truck outside of LN. So no clam chowder (something tells me this would be a great reason to add clams at something sims can haul up while fishing). That and I know I'm not the only one wishing they'd bring back Chinese takeout :?

Breakfast:
    Cheese omelet
    Western omelet (has ham, cheese, and onion)
    Hard/soft boiled egg
    Bacon & Eggs (they make vegetarian bacon anyway so there's your veggie sims fed ;D )
    Sausage & Eggs
    Danish (cheese, strawberry, blueberry, cherry, cinnamon)
    Cinamon Rolls

Brunch:
    Bacon & Eggs
    Sausage & Eggs
    Quiche

Lunch:
    BLT Sandwich (Vegetarian version could just be BT, which will no doubt please .hack// fans)
    Turkey Sandwich
    Ham sandwich
    Chicken Sandwich
    Tuna Sandwich
    Egg/Potato Salad
    Coleslaw
    Macaroni Salad (the mac & cheese that's not mac & cheese!)
    Quiche
    Sub Sandwich
    Corned Beef/Pastrami Sandwich (preferably piled high, Ah I'm drooling writing this!)

Dinner:
    *Clam Chowder
    *Onion Rings
    *Hot Wings/Chicken Wings
    Ham (would've been great with Island Paradise because ham and pineapple, did we get pineapples yet?)
    *Shrimp Ring
    Shrimp Cocktail
    Crab Legs
    Corn on the Cob (grillable)
    Chicken (same idea as turkey)
    Duck (same idea as turkey)
    Fillet Mignon (grillable)
    Sausage (not hot dogs, I mean like spicy Italian sausage)
    Sheppard's Pie (would need peas, bot sure how to handle the carrots other than only using them if Pets is installed, but I'm not crazy on that idea)
    Mashed Potatoes
    Stir Fry (I thought we already had this but in case we don't)
    Pub style battered fish (Halibut or Haddock)
    Quiche

(Items with an * would be added as full recipes from the food truck/late night bars. Foods would have vegetarian versions as well. I'm also hearing rumours that late night bar food and possibly food truck food can be learned by trading cooking secrets, tasting the food over and over or from the TV, but if anyone can confirm this that'd be great!)

Dessert:
    Cinnamon Rolls
    Rice Cakes
    *Brownies (Chocolate, Caramel, Vanilla/Blondies)
    *Cake (Chocolate and Vanilla)
    *Cupcakes (Chocolate and Vanilla)
    *Muffins (Chocolate, Vanilla and Blueberry)
    Chocolate cookies
    Chocolate cookies with vanilla chips
    Cheesecake (Strawberry, Blueberry, Chocolate/Mocha and Cappuccino)
    Pie (Apple, Blueberry, Strawberry Rhubarb, Peach)
    Ice Cream Sundae (Chocolate, Strawberry, Caramel/Butterscotch)
    Banana Split

(Items with an * would be added to the full size oven from the child's oven)

And now for some kitchen stuff!

Blender/Juicer

As described above, throwing in any fruit or vegetable turns it into juice. Also, you could throw in a second ingredient, for example tomato and clam juice. See what I did there? And I'd like to see peaches, mangoes and oranges added because orange juice just makes sense and peach juice is my favourite!

25419_285.jpg

I'm not actually sure what these are called (some kind of thermos/insulated container?), but they're often used to store hot beverages. If a player has seasons installed, this could store apple cider and hot chocolate. Otherwise they could just work like a fusion of the coffee makers and the chocolate fountain. You could use them to serve the same hot drinks you always could, but you'd have to decide on the flavour beforehand.

Toaster

If not just for decoration, toasters obviously make toast. Including a toaster oven (if not for decoration) could also be used to make bagels, cinnamon rolls, strudel,and more!

And to add to my last post, here's a better photo of a pop dispenser and a tabletop popcorn machine.

Home_Soda_Countertop_Dispenser.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Forgot to add meatloaf to the dinner menu. If it convinces anybody salsa meatloaf doesn't taste so bland either ;)

Also got me to thinking. We have sims, and some of them are vegetarians. What about the sims who are just plain health nuts? With that kind of a trait, they'd have a similar aversion to food that isn't 'healthy'. So they'll feel guilty eating dessert, and they might get nauseous faster if they eat too much of a food that doesn't seem healthy to them. Basically greasy stuff like burgers and pizza from the base game, food truck and bar food from LN, candy and chips from Uni and Showtime, etc. They'd also hate microwaves cuz fear of radiation.

They'd make for some interesting moodlets, and could annoy other sims by constantly encouraging them to make better choices, possibly even try to tell them what was in the food they just ate. The perfect complement to the snob and diva traits!

Actually I was going to put this in another post but I want to make sure I don't forget to do it later. I'd like to see bookshelves that connect like sectional seating and counter to give that 'built in' look. I wouldn't even care if they were only decorative, those bare corners just bug me. I know I can't always fill them in either or there'd be a routing issue.

3 heights of these would cover your basic library needs. Low shelves for kids books, and medium/ceiling height for regular adult books and magazines. And they could be modified to work like the display shelves from ambitions. If they ended up giving us open shops I'd hope for shop decor anyway...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Remember how University brought smart phones and blogging? Personally, I enjoyed that feature and I think we could expand the 'internet experience' on it a bit. Maybe not over the smartphone platform, but still in a fun way.

Sims would be able to create and maintain their own website. This could include:

Making posts: Same idea as the blog, but there could be various categories for posts such as news, etc.

Contests: Run a contest through your site! Set a start/end time for it and pick any prize from your inventory, or even a set amount of simoleons. Those would then be 'earmarked' as the prize, and taken from your balance (unless there's no entries and therefor no winner). You can also use the computer to enter contests held by other people for access to prizes that you may not otherwise be able to buy in stores, buy mode etc.

Promote your site: Could consist of spamming your site everywhere online for free, or paying for advertisements to help get the word out. You can also try to trash or hate on other people's sites in your bid to be the best!

Sell your site: Similar to selling a blog. You could also make an offer to buy someone else's site if you have the dough.

Other sites/platforms that could be present... regardless if your sim makes them

Buy and sell things online: Kind of like the whole eBay/amazon/Craigslist/Kijiji deal. Just be careful of items that weren't as advertised, and you can try and scam people the same way if you want. Sometimes you get away with it (especially if you have the evil trait), sometimes you won't.

Videos: Similar to YouTube. Sims can kill time watching/commenting videos or make/upload their own and receive comments from others.

Art: Think of a site like deviantart. Remember the feature I proposed earlier about the printer and photo/editing software? This would give sims a place to post their work online and receive comments/critique and do the same for others.

Gallery: Could be used as a portfolio or something like tumblr.